Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Production Lincoln MKS

Concept:
Attached Thumbnails Production Lincoln MKS-lincolnmks.jpg  
Old 8/8/06, 11:37 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The concept is awesome!!

I dont see the production one though...? Is it the small one?
Old 8/9/06, 02:32 AM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If it looks like the attached thumbnail, then it looks good. But then again, it's all in the execution. If attention to quality and detail is there, it could be a winner. On the other hand, if things like the door handles feel anything like they do on the Zephyr, they might as well pack up and go home.

Perhaps the Lincoln division should work more closely with Aston Martin. That could help Lincoln bring up its image - create a unique new design language - and there might be a good synergy there.
Old 8/9/06, 05:28 AM
Team Mustang Source

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...04/002946.html

now

crisp, clean lines, this Lincoln looks like a high level of luxury.
Old 8/9/06, 03:16 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by 2005GTDELUXE
That's a press release from Ford Motor Co. - hardly what I'd call unbiased.

Not a bad car, overall, but there's nothing about it that would steal buyers away from other luxury brands, except maybe price. But you can only win on cost-cutting for so long, as Ford is finding out.

Also, the car didn't do so hot in crash tests:

In the latest round of tests, however, the Lincoln Zephyr, the luxury brand's entry level model, earned a rating of "Acceptable," the second-best of four possible ratings, for both front and side crash protection.

"This is not a bad rating," Insurance Institute president Adrian Lund said in the announcement, "but all of the other midsize luxury cars we've tested get 'Good' ratings for frontal crash protection, so the Zephyr isn't competitive in its class for safety."
Old 8/9/06, 03:51 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Can't wait.
Old 8/9/06, 04:49 PM
I'm people, and I like.

awesome car! can't wait either
Old 8/9/06, 08:08 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
i'd really like to see the fender vent make it..and the concepts interior ..it's awesome
Old 8/9/06, 08:11 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Zephyr should have had many safety features similar to the Ford Five Hundred
Old 8/11/06, 03:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by BC_Shelby

Not a bad car, overall, but there's nothing about it that would steal buyers away from other luxury brands, except maybe price. But you can only win on cost-cutting for so long, as Ford is finding out.

Neither did the new Camry. It is rated only "marginal" in protecting occupants in rear-end crashes. Here's the article.
Old 8/11/06, 08:13 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by TomServo92
Neither did the new Camry. It is rated only "marginal" in protecting occupants in rear-end crashes. Here's the article.
Dude, dude, dude - that's EXACTLY the sort of "look, they're just as bad as us" mindset that Ford has to get out of if it wants to survive. This is what they don't seem to get: it's a zero-sum game that they can't possibly win.

I strongly believe that if this company is to turn things around, it must now build products that are BETTER than the competition, not "just as good as," or "no worse than...". It's the only way to lure customers (who are now convinced - whether correctly or not - that all domestic cars are crap compared to imports) away from Toyota and Honda.
Old 8/11/06, 08:25 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Dude, dude, dude - that's EXACTLY the sort of "look, they're just as bad as us" mindset that Ford has to get out of if it wants to survive. This is what they don't seem to get: it's a zero-sum game that they can't possibly win.

I strongly believe that if this company is to turn things around, it must now build products that are BETTER than the competition, not "just as good as," or "no worse than...". It's the only way to lure customers (who are now convinced - whether correctly or not - that all domestic cars are crap compared to imports) away from Toyota and Honda.
Completely AGREE!
Old 8/11/06, 08:29 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Gotta agree with that.
Old 8/11/06, 08:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Just supplying additional information. You made it a point to go out of your way inform us that the Zephyr didn't do well in crash tests, which by the way, had NOTHING to do with topic at hand, so I thought I would do the same. Sorry if you can't seem to deal with it.
Old 8/12/06, 07:21 AM
Team Mustang Source

Just supplying additional information. You made it a point to go out of your way inform us that the Zephyr didn't do well in crash tests, which by the way, had NOTHING to do with topic at hand, so I thought I would do the same. Sorry if you can't seem to deal with it.
Yes and the comment about the Zephyr door handles was also completely off topic.
Old 8/12/06, 09:25 AM
Team Mustang Source

wow, very off topic but thanks, I did not realize how bad some of these tests really are!

http://www.iihs.org/ratings/head_res....aspx?infiniti

http://www.iihs.org/ratings/head_res...aints.aspx?bmw

http://www.iihs.org/ratings/head_res...nts.aspx?acura
Old 8/12/06, 03:23 PM
Closet American

Deal with what?

There WAS no topic - merely a concept picture of a new Lincoln, so pretty much an open discussion on Lincolns, I should say.
Old 8/12/06, 03:34 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Exactly
Old 8/12/06, 04:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Deal with what?

There WAS no topic - merely a concept picture of a new Lincoln, so pretty much an open discussion on Lincolns, I should say.
The topic was the Lincoln MKS, not Lincolns in general. YOU threw in the comment about Zephyr door handles and then threw in the crash test remark as well. Neither have anything to do with the MKS specifically.
Old 8/12/06, 04:10 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Don't say the administrators didn't warn you

Quick Reply: Production Lincoln MKS