Ford Discussions Non-Mustang Ford Products

Lincoln MKZ 2.0 ecoboost AWD Test Drive!

Search this Thread

Old 7/7/14, 07:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Lincoln MKZ 2.0 ecoboost AWD Test Drive!

Hey guys was at my dealer for service on my 2011 Mustang. While I was waiting I noticed that the Lincoln in the showroom had the paddle shifter auto in it! Asked a salesman if I could test drive one of them with the paddle shifter. They hooked me up with a brand new 2014 Lincoln 2.0 ecoboost AWD in Tuxedo Black! Said take your time & bring it back when your ready! I thought NICE a test drive with no salesman to ah get in the way.

Car I test drove is here http://lbsmithford1.tru-m.com/Centra...-Car/24770522/

First I want to say the panoramic roof is pretty sweet! This car also has the My Ford Touch in it. So the test drive was mostly so I could check out the 6speed auto with paddle shifters. My 2011 Mustang is a manual so I was real interested in how the auto w/PS would perform. I was very pleased & surprised by the lack of turbo noise of the 2.0 ecoboost. The 6speed auto in sport mode however was quite lacking in the shifting department. The Power of the 2.0 was very good not sure what the HP rating is.

After this test drive I'm thinking that I'll have a real hard time going with the Auto in the 2015! Now it's possible Ford may firm up the shifting in the Mustang. I know that will be one of the first things the tuners will attend to. At this point though the Wife is going to have to learn how to row her own if she wants to drive it! Got to play with the My Ford Touch & it seems nice going with the navigation in the 2015 Mustang. Overall the Lincoln performed very well & the 2.0 ecoboost AWD is pretty stout! Was wondering what it would trap at in the 1/4 mile.

I would encourage members to try to test drive the auto w/ps before ordering! I'm sure glad I got the chance to test drive this car before I made the jump. Hope this helps members who might be on the fence.
Old 7/7/14, 11:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auto trans in the mustang is a completely different unit. Can't really compare just because both have paddle shifters. Not saying the mustang will necessarily be better but it will have nothing to do with how the mkz performed.
Old 7/13/14, 09:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Other than what I suspect is an interior with more 'upscale' material, I'd like to hear somebody make a comparison with the comparably equipped Fusion.
Old 7/13/14, 12:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I drove an MKZ with the 3.7L for a couple of days this week, but just let the trans shift itself. I thought the interior was very sleek and modern once you get used to all the center column touch controls, but the MyTouch Lincoln screen got smudged very easily and was difficult to see in bright sun. The 'flying buttress' console gives plenty of storage space and the seats were very comfy, but not 'sporty' supportive.

The 3.7 certainly can't compare to a 5.0, but for around town and highway travel, it certainly moves the MKZ quickly enough.

That said, I believe I would rather have the Cadillac ATS with either the 3.6L NA or the 2.0 turbo. It's a much tauter body and suspension, and the handling is quicker.