Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford's September sales

Crossovers up by 96%.

Overall sales are down by 21%.

http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...02/065238.html
Old 10/2/07, 02:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Nearly 23K of the decline is accounted for by the Taurus "classic" being dropped. But otherwise, still pretty depressing. At least the crossovers are doing well!
Old 10/3/07, 02:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Its not really depressing......Ford just had to lower there sales basically to meet the lower demand. That way they didnt over produce anything. Give it another few months and eventually Ford sales will stabalize. What really interested me was this,

"We're building a strong foundation for future growth at Lincoln," said Fields. "This is the early phase of an aggressive plan to restore Lincoln as America's choice for luxury vehicles."

Hopefully we'll see something really interesting from Lincoln sometime soon. I guess were all just gunna have to wait until January to see the production version of the MKS......at least in more detail then the one from the batman set. Personally I'm hoping for a two door coupe with the 3.5TT. But thats just pipe dreaming on my part. But time will tell.
Old 10/3/07, 03:34 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2 door coupe with a 3.5TT would be awesome. But i really don't know if this will help against lexus.

I have never heard anyone that owns a lexus say they bought it cause it had so much hp or because it was fast.

People seem to buy lexus because they think other people will say that guy is smart cause he got a toyota that will last forever and he is rich casue he got the lexus.

People don't buy lincolns other then navigator for status. And status prob sells more bmws and lexus then anything else.
Old 10/3/07, 06:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by cheech6g
Its not really depressing......Ford just had to lower there sales basically to meet the lower demand. That way they didnt over produce anything. Give it another few months and eventually Ford sales will stabalize. What really interested me was this,

"We're building a strong foundation for future growth at Lincoln," said Fields. "This is the early phase of an aggressive plan to restore Lincoln as America's choice for luxury vehicles."

Hopefully we'll see something really interesting from Lincoln sometime soon. I guess were all just gunna have to wait until January to see the production version of the MKS......at least in more detail then the one from the batman set. Personally I'm hoping for a two door coupe with the 3.5TT. But thats just pipe dreaming on my part. But time will tell.
Anytime Ford shows a decline in sales, it's depressing, even though there's legit reason for it. I feel much better when sales stabilize and I'll be ecstatic when they start showing increases.
Old 10/3/07, 09:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by TomServo92
Anytime Ford shows a decline in sales, it's depressing, even though there's legit reason for it. I feel much better when sales stabilize and I'll be ecstatic when they start showing increases.
I guess.....but then again its not like we havent been expecting this to happen. Lets face it, if Ford DIDN'T do this then I would be depressed......and they would be even more in the hole then they already were
Old 10/3/07, 11:53 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

You know, I saw 2 black Tauruses today, one on the street and one on NBC's Life. I have to say that it looks pretty b1tchin in that color. Here's hoping sales go up as more people have similar revelations.
Old 10/5/07, 03:28 AM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cheech6g
What foundation? What "early phase"? Where is it?

I had a close look at the new Cadillac CTS last night. My god, what an interior! Just brilliant – light years ahead of Mercedes and BMW...and at least as good as Audi and Lexus; perhaps better. I think Cadillac could now safely say that the CTS interior is the 'standard of the world' for entry level sport luxury sedans; it’s the best interior in its class by a significant margin. Much more impressive in person than in the pictures, too.

If Lincoln wants to restore itself as "America's choice for luxury vehicles," it's got its work cut out for it.