Ford Discussions Non-Mustang Ford Products

Ford Freestyle

Search this Thread

Old 1/13/08, 01:00 PM
My C/T is cooler than Arin is.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ford Freestyle

I have a chance to trade my Impala for an 05 Ford Freestyle, would it be a good deal? What are the pros and cons for the Freestyle?
Old 1/13/08, 04:02 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Autotooner
I have a chance to trade my Impala for an 05 Ford Freestyle, would it be a good deal? What are the pros and cons for the Freestyle?
If the styling works for you, the biggest problem is that its underpowered. Its a good wagon with good room and should treat you right, but it does need more HP and you will notice this.
Old 1/13/08, 04:03 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Is it a AWD with a CVT, or 6-speed FWD?
Old 1/13/08, 07:51 PM
My C/T is cooler than Arin is.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
its fwd w/ cvt....

Moosetang, it has the same hp rating as the Impala, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem. Is the quality & driveability of the cvt better than the 6 speed?

it has 33K miles... here is the option list

Options

•Quad Bucket Seats•MP3 Player•Fog Lamps•Power Passenger Mirror•Heated Exterior Driver Mirror•Heated Exterior Passenger Mirror•Privacy Glass•Steering Wheel Controls•Auxiliary Pwr Outlet•Vehicle Anti-Theft System•Auto-Off Headlights•Luggage Rack•Electrochromic rearview mirror•Driver Illuminated Vanity Mirror•Passenger Illuminated Visor Mirror•Rear Seat Heat Ducts•Front Reading Lamps•Rear Reading Lamps•Driver Lumbar•Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel•Trip Computer•Side Air Bag•A/C•Rear A/C•AM/FM Stereo•CD Changer•CD Player•4-Wheel ABS•4-Wheel Disc Brakes•Cruise Control•Rear Defrost•Child Safety Locks•Front Wheel Drive•Front Floor Mats•Rear Floor Mats•Auto-On Headlights•Keyless Entry•Power Door Locks•Heated Mirrors•Power Driver Mirror•Additional Rear Seat•Power Driver Seat•Cloth Seats•Power Steering•Adjustable Steering Wheel•Tires - Front All-Season•Tires - Rear All-Season•Compact Spare Tire•Aluminum Wheels•Power Windows•Intermittent Wipers•Driver Air Bag•Passenger Air Bag•Passenger Air Bag On/Off Switch
Old 1/13/08, 09:54 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its fwd w/ cvt....

Moosetang, it has the same hp rating as the Impala, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem.
Yeah but it weighs more. I'm not trying to sandbag it, I'm just making sure you knw what to expect.
Is the quality & driveability of the cvt better than the 6 speed?
6 speed would have better performance, but the CVT should have better economy and will be much smoother around town.

Options
Looks like a **** fine list. I think that, if you take a test spin and you like it, you should go for it.
Old 1/14/08, 04:48 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Might want to check (if you haven't already) FordTaurus.net (old Five Hundred/Freestyle stie) for TSB, recalls, etc. . . .

http://www.fordtaurus.net/forums/
Old 1/14/08, 04:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
The Freestyle is a great vehicle for what it does/hauls, but needs power. The Taurus X however is fantastic. I would wait it out for a used Certified Taurus X to show up, I would take a base 08 Taurus X over a 05 Limited Freestyle, its that much better. The butter smooth 6-speed and the D35 makes it an entirely different vehicle. There are a host of detail/interior changes as well that really 'complete' what the Freestyle was trying to be a couple years ago.

EDIT: As a retort to my own post:

Freestyle owners ARE very happy with their vehicles, if you aren't a speed demon and you like it then by all means get it. It's really up to you. FWD versions are not as sluggish as the AWD models, and of course all of them are very safe vehicles. I get so used to having the latest and greatest around at the dealer. We have had a few 05's come through that were a hell of a lot of vehicle for the money.