Ford Discussions Non-Mustang Ford Products

Ford Fiesta Pics

Search this Thread

Old 2/18/08, 10:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is no aversion to hatches in this country, I don't know who started spreading that BS. Every SUV, mini-van, and crossover is a hatch, so is the hatch-only Mini Cooper, can you imagine if it was a boring sedan??? The Honda Fit is sold only in a hatch model, the Yaris and Versa both have hatch versions.

Ford would be retarded not to bring the 3 door Fiesta hatch to the US.
Old 2/19/08, 02:38 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by Moosetang
You haven't heard people at a dealership ***** about hatches. Ugh. One of the things I don't miss about my stint in Mazda sales.
A few people here and there beatching about hatches does not a consensus make. I see hatches on the road everywhere. Big ones, little ones: Volkswagen Golfs, Toyota Yarises, Honda Fits, Mazda 3s, Mini Coopers, etc, etc.

Still very popular, particularly in major urban centers where they make a lot of sense as practical runabouts. Add in some style, and boom...new urban chic - which is what the Mini tapped into by combining all that with retro appeal.
Old 2/19/08, 02:40 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by Black331
I think you may be on to something there.

Old 2/20/08, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Black331
There is no aversion to hatches in this country, I don't know who started spreading that BS. Every SUV, mini-van, and crossover is a hatch, so is the hatch-only Mini Cooper, can you imagine if it was a boring sedan??? The Honda Fit is sold only in a hatch model, the Yaris and Versa both have hatch versions.

Just mention that perhaps some future Stang ought ot be a hatchback (ala Fox Stang) ... just be prepared wit a bottle of Windex and a fresh roll of paper towels to wipe the spittle off about 80% of the screens of Mustang Source members. For better or worse, people for some reason reflexively associate hatchback solely with cheap econocars (they also have four wheels and door handles, should those be forsaken too?)

I, for one, am a big fan of just about any well done hatch back. Properly engineered and designed, they can be just as sleek, light, strong and stiff as a be-trunked car, but with hugely increased usability thrown in.

Anyway, I hope Ford has the sense and wisdom to bring over the Fiesta, and eventually the Focus, unmolested to meet "American tastes," i.e. pimped out styling-wise and gelded in driving dynamics.