Notices
Ford Discussions Non-Mustang Ford Products

Ford Explorer America Concept

Old 1/8/08, 05:58 PM
  #41  
Mach 1 Member
 
GT40 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: February 1, 2004
Posts: 919
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Some one should take some pictures of the underside.
GT40 2 is offline  
Old 1/8/08, 10:29 PM
  #42  
Shelby GT500 Member
 
97svtgoin05gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: July 21, 2004
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 2,919
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT View Post
I liked the Reflex, too. Didn't build it.

I really liked the 427 concept. Didn't build it.

I liked the Interceptor concept. Whoops, didn't build that either.

Ford's strategy is beginning to remind me of a Britney Spears song.

Oops!... I Did It Again.
97svtgoin05gt is offline  
Old 1/9/08, 07:07 PM
  #43  
Bullitt Member
 
Join Date: May 28, 2004
Location: Long Beach, Ca
Posts: 266
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TomServo92 View Post
Lame? Is that so? I spend ALOT of time on BON and have read and posted in all the Explorer America threads. Blue II said "D3". He didn't elaborate on whether it was FWD or not. Since there are already two variations of D3 (Taurus & MKS) and strong indications a RWD D3 variant is in the works, just saying "D3" doesn't mean squat. Furthermore, the concept might ride on D3 but that doesn't the production version will also. Remember, the 2005 Mustang rode on DEW98 but a different platform was developed for production.

There is no indication the Ecoboost engines are RWD capable yet either, so far they've said the MKS, Flex, and Taurus would get them, this RWD D3 is really strange considering they are working on the global RWD platform.

When Blue II was asked if it was GRWD or D3 he said D3 >> http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...dpost&p=281410

Theoldwizard who is a retired Ford employee said it was FWD/AWD, same as current Freestyle here >> http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...dpost&p=281860

It's FWD/AWD. Same "running gear" as the Taurus and Taurus X.

There will be a new RWD platform but it won't be use here. The word has been out for a long time that this Explorer is the last RWD/AWD.
So there are strong indications that it will be FWD/AWD, until we see evidence that it's going to be based on RWD it's only logical to go with what we DO know.

BTW, most of the "insiders" (including Blue II) aren't really "insiders". They just know people that know people etc. At this point, Ford hasn't officially stated what platform it resides on so it's all speculation. For you to claim to be "in the know" based on reading something in an internet forum from "insiders" proves just how lame YOU are.
Blue II has pretty pretty darned accurate, and it's funny considering how I'm basing my opinion that it will be FWD on the FACT that the current D3 chassis is FWD, and you're basing your opinion about it being RWD on the rumor from a source that you just questioned his crediblity.

We all hope it comes out on a RWD based chassis, getting up in arms over our hopes and internet speculation is not worth it..
Black331 is offline  
Old 1/9/08, 07:15 PM
  #44  
 
codeman94's Avatar
 
Join Date: December 14, 2004
Location: Goshen, IN
Posts: 7,890
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
suicide doors on the passenger side, but normal ones on the driver's side?
codeman94 is offline  
Old 1/9/08, 07:25 PM
  #45  
Cobra R Member
 
Cheese302's Avatar
 
Join Date: February 25, 2004
Posts: 1,795
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i want a concept bronco with a diesel and a stick shift
Cheese302 is offline  
Old 1/9/08, 07:39 PM
  #46  
 
TomServo92's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 18, 2004
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 3,691
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Black331 View Post
Blue II has pretty pretty darned accurate, and it's funny considering how I'm basing my opinion that it will be FWD on the FACT that the current D3 chassis is FWD, and you're basing your opinion about it being RWD on the rumor from a source that you just questioned his crediblity.
You conveniently glossed over this part of my post:

At this point, Ford hasn't officially stated what platform it resides on so it's all speculation.
You state things as facts. I state them as speculation. Get over yourself.

Oh yeah....almost forgot...Blue II just posted on BON that the next Taurus will be RWD.
TomServo92 is offline  
Old 1/15/08, 01:21 PM
  #47  
 
TomServo92's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 18, 2004
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 3,691
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's another interesting tidbit regarding the next gen in Explorer in this thread on BON. It seems the Explorer America concept is to gauge public reaction to the styling and the idea of a uni-body Explorer. The platform the concept sits on has NOTHING to do with what will underpin the next Explorer. In fact, they mention that the Explorer and the Aussie Territory (which is RWD) might share the same underpinnings with a different body.

I guess wasn't off that far after all now was I?
TomServo92 is offline  
Old 1/16/08, 01:34 AM
  #48  
Bullitt Member
 
Join Date: May 28, 2004
Location: Long Beach, Ca
Posts: 266
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TomServo92 View Post
Here's another interesting tidbit regarding the next gen in Explorer in this thread on BON. It seems the Explorer America concept is to gauge public reaction to the styling and the idea of a uni-body Explorer. The platform the concept sits on has NOTHING to do with what will underpin the next Explorer. In fact, they mention that the Explorer and the Aussie Territory (which is RWD) might share the same underpinnings with a different body.

I guess wasn't off that far after all now was I?
Production cars are rarely based on what a concept was built off of, the point is that the insiders have told us it will be FWD D3, now hopefully they are wrong and Ford bases it off the territory which makes sense as far as platform sharing goes. I don't know why you'd insinuate anybody thought the production chassis had anything to do with the concept, I think you just like to argue..
Black331 is offline  
Old 1/16/08, 06:29 AM
  #49  
 
TomServo92's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 18, 2004
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 3,691
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Black331 View Post
Production cars are rarely based on what a concept was built off of, the point is that the insiders have told us it will be FWD D3, now hopefully they are wrong and Ford bases it off the territory which makes sense as far as platform sharing goes. I don't know why you'd insinuate anybody thought the production chassis had anything to do with the concept, I think you just like to argue..
Whatever....I guess I just read things differently than you.
TomServo92 is offline  
Old 1/16/08, 06:31 AM
  #50  
 
TomServo92's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 18, 2004
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 3,691
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Black331 View Post
BTW, the new "Explorer" will be FWD D3, just a re-styled Taurus X.

So technically the Explorer is getting the axe, and the TX is getting a new name...
THIS is where I get that you are stating rumors as facts. Did I read that wrong?
TomServo92 is offline  
Old 1/18/08, 07:28 AM
  #51  
Fist of the North Star
TMS Staff
 
Boomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 30, 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 10,443
Likes: 0
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
There is no indication the Ecoboost engines are RWD capable yet either, so far they've said the MKS, Flex, and Taurus would get them, this RWD D3 is really strange considering they are working on the global RWD platform.
The 3.5 TwinF...I mean...EcoBoost was tested in the F-150 and will no doubt arrive in it later...

So RWD on that engine..yes...
IIRC it was designed for FWD, AWD, RWD in mind
Boomer is offline  
Old 1/22/08, 09:32 AM
  #52  
 
TomServo92's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 18, 2004
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 3,691
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Black331 View Post
this RWD D3 is really strange considering they are working on the global RWD platform.
Wow, some really interesting info in post #6 from Igor:

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...howtopic=20405

TomServo92 is offline  
Old 1/22/08, 10:19 AM
  #53  
Closet American
 
Hollywood_North GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: July 17, 2005
Location: Vancouver, BC (Hollywood North)
Posts: 5,829
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TomServo92 View Post
Wow, some really interesting info in post #6 from Igor:

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...howtopic=20405

Fingers crossed that it really is new...and that it's good.

Interesting quote on that forum page from someone >> Mulally previously did say that new Taurus is really a looker...
Hollywood_North GT is offline  
Old 1/22/08, 12:02 PM
  #54  
 
TomServo92's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 18, 2004
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 3,691
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT View Post
Fingers crossed that it really is new...and that it's good.

Interesting quote on that forum page from someone >> Mulally previously did say that new Taurus is really a looker...
Someone else posted (and I don't know if they have inside info or they're just speculating) that it will incorporate some of the kinetic design language from Europe.
TomServo92 is offline  
Old 1/22/08, 07:32 PM
  #55  
Closet American
 
Hollywood_North GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: July 17, 2005
Location: Vancouver, BC (Hollywood North)
Posts: 5,829
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TomServo92 View Post
Someone else posted (and I don't know if they have inside info or they're just speculating) that it will incorporate some of the kinetic design language from Europe.
Taurus, meet Iosis.

I can dream.
Hollywood_North GT is offline  
Old 1/22/08, 08:17 PM
  #56  
 
TomServo92's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 18, 2004
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 3,691
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT View Post
Taurus, meet Iosis.

I can dream.
TomServo92 is offline  
Old 1/22/08, 08:22 PM
  #57  
Closet American
 
Hollywood_North GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: July 17, 2005
Location: Vancouver, BC (Hollywood North)
Posts: 5,829
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts


That'd work.
Hollywood_North GT is offline  
Old 1/23/08, 10:24 AM
  #58  
Needs to be more Astony
 
Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 4, 2004
Location: Volo, IL
Posts: 8,578
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
maybe without that crown vic grill though
Knight is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
JonathonK
GT350
6
9/17/15 10:13 AM
Feffman
Mustang Motorsports
2
8/22/15 06:27 AM
Feffman
Midwest
0
8/15/15 08:08 AM
Bert
2010-2014 Mustang
4
7/25/15 02:13 PM
killaz05
Vehicles For Sale
0
7/22/15 07:07 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ford Explorer America Concept


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.