Ford Discussions Non-Mustang Ford Products

Ford Escape/Mercury Mariner

Old 10/7/05, 10:24 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by 1999 Black 35th GT@October 7, 2005, 2:21 PM
Its actually the opposite. They are in such high demand right now that they are selling for MSRP or more. Eventually they will be offered on X-plan but not while they are doing so well. Dealers are only allocated so many orders for them.
i guess i wasn't being that clear, but that's what i meant... i meant the escape isn't meeting up with demand as in the production isn't keeping up with demand, as in there ain't enough for everybody.
Old 10/8/05, 08:08 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by mustang_sallad@October 8, 2005, 12:27 AM
i guess i wasn't being that clear, but that's what i meant... i meant the escape isn't meeting up with demand as in the production isn't keeping up with demand, as in there ain't enough for everybody.
There you go! Latest news has been that the production will be upped soon.

You know I expect to see you at my dealership in the future purchasing one
Old 10/9/05, 11:20 AM
Cobra R Member

haha, alright man! actually by the time the hybrid fusion comes out, i might actually be making enough cash to pay you a visit. Can you put me on the waiting list now?!

anybody else feel that the escape looks cooler than the mariner?
Old 10/22/05, 11:12 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
UPDATE: I test drove an Escape V6 today and I was very impressed. Very peppy acceleration, smooth ride, very quiet. The driving position was very comfortable. My only real concern is the smallish gas tank (16 gallons; my Mazda has an 18 gal. tank). That would put it at around 300/390 miles per tank for city/highway respectively. That's not bad for an SUV but a good bit less than my Mazda. However, it's definitely on my list. I also wanted to look at a Fusion while I was there but they didn't have one yet.
Old 11/3/05, 11:17 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Well, my dealer has found a 2006 Escape Limited in Redfire with black leather. It's pretty much maxed out on options. I can get it on x-plan plus they're actually offering me a fair price on my Mazda6 as a trade-in (I was expecting a low-ball offer). The only thing holding me back is that I love the Mazda. It's pretty much been the best car I've ever owned. The only reason I want to trade is that sometimes I need a little more carrying capacity. I'm really struggling with this decision. It's come down to a need vs. desire. However, I do have one card up my sleeve. In the next couple of years, I'll have several loans that will be paid off and will free up several hundred dollars a month. At that point, I can afford a second "fun" car. I'm thinking 2008 Mustang since I'll have the whole cargo thing taken care of. Anyway, I need to let the dealership know today so that they can transfer the Escape but like I said, I'm struggling. I know it's my money but any advice would be appreciated.
Old 11/3/05, 12:57 PM
Cobra Member

If you really love the Mazda and the cargo capacity is just a minor inconvenience occassionally, then I'd live with it and keep the Mazda.

I'm in a similar situation with my Focus. It's a great car, fun to drive and economical. However, I have children and sometimes I need more people space, hence an Escape or Fusion has my interest. However, both cost much more than I owe on my Focus and I have no other issues with the car so I've decided to keep it and turn my attention to buying my next Mustang. To each his own but that's just my $.02 hope it helps a little
Old 11/3/05, 01:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by MustangFanatic@November 3, 2005, 2:00 PM
If you really love the Mazda and the cargo capacity is just a minor inconvenience occassionally, then I'd live with it and keep the Mazda.

I'm in a similar situation with my Focus. It's a great car, fun to drive and economical. However, I have children and sometimes I need more people space, hence an Escape or Fusion has my interest. However, both cost much more than I owe on my Focus and I have no other issues with the car so I've decided to keep it and turn my attention to buying my next Mustang. To each his own but that's just my $.02 hope it helps a little
The problem is that sometimes it's more than just a minor inconvenience. I'm starting to lean toward the Escape and purchasing on a Red Carpet Option for three years.