Ford Discussions Non-Mustang Ford Products

F150 Ecoboost Oil Change Problems

Search this Thread

Old 1/22/13, 11:12 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F150 Ecoboost Oil Change Problems

I posted over in some F150 forum but didn't get much feedback (probably because i was pissed and ranted at the time). Thought someone here might be able to chime in.

Long story short, I had my oil changed right before Christmas in my 2012 F150 Ecoboost by the dealer where i bought the truck. Fast forward a few weeks and i am noticing my truck is running like a dog but i just attributed it to the colder weather.

I get the truck washed and i decide to check it over (routine stuff) and find that the oil is overfilled.... a lot. I caught 8.5 (engine calls for 6.2) quarts in my drain pan not including what shot all over my driveway. What concerns me even more is it reeked of gasoline.

Before i did anything i called the dealer this past Saturday and told them of my discovery and asked if i could swing by since i was only 5 minutes away. I was told that they are busy and to schedule something Monday. I explained i cant bring it in during the week and i don't want to keep driving it like this... they would have none of that and insisted i schedule something when it is "convenient" for me.

Anyways, I want to make sure nothing may be damaged but i have no idea what to check. The gasoline smell is what concerns me the most.

All of this has made me strongly reconsider buying the 2014 Mustang i ordered from them...
Old 1/24/13, 07:37 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Sieran
I posted over in some F150 forum but didn't get much feedback (probably because i was pissed and ranted at the time). Thought someone here might be able to chime in.

Long story short, I had my oil changed right before Christmas in my 2012 F150 Ecoboost by the dealer where i bought the truck. Fast forward a few weeks and i am noticing my truck is running like a dog but i just attributed it to the colder weather...
I recommend you bring it to a Ford dealer as soon as possible, Sieran. Then, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate this to the customer service manager for your area.

Deysha
Old 1/24/13, 12:22 PM
V6 Member

Thanks.

I am going to try and make an appointment at another dealer when I can get some time. I am usually at work from 8am to 6 or 7 PM so weekdays are pretty much out.

Going to call another dealer a little further out from me and see if i can make an appointment there.
Old 1/24/13, 02:12 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Sieran
Thanks.
I am going to try and make an appointment at another dealer when I can get some time. I am usually at work from 8am to 6 or 7 PM so weekdays are pretty much out.
Going to call another dealer a little further out from me and see if i can make an appointment there.
No problem. Keep me posted.

Deysha
Old 1/24/13, 02:51 PM
GT Member

Sieran,

I would also suggest doing some research on TSB's for your truck. The dealer should do this for you (and I would ask), but.....
Old 1/24/13, 10:36 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Turn3
Sieran,

I would also suggest doing some research on TSB's for your truck. The dealer should do this for you (and I would ask), but.....
I am worried about getting the inter-cooler replaced and the computer flashed... I have heard horror stories on the other forums for the F150s. A few good things too, but more bad than good.

I have really had no issues with this truck other than a few rattles in the dash and then this whole oil change mess.

I'll feel out this new dealer before i mention any TSBs.