Ford Discussions Non-Mustang Ford Products

Drove the Milan and Zephyr today!

Search this Thread

Old 2/25/06, 01:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, first off the wife wants a new car. She comes from a mostly GM family(until she met me) I took her today to our local Ford L/M dealer to drive the Milan and Zephyr. I was happy to hear she thought the Milan was "Better than I thought it would be" [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] I think the car, not me, has her pretty much sold on it. The platform is a dam good one first off, very tight and quiet, fit and finish were excellent as well. It brakes and accelerates with precision, she was impressed as was I. Its a very sharp car with nice details throughout, love the analog clock inside, very classy. I couldn't ask for a smoother tranny, can't even tell its a 6sp.

Of course the lincoln just blew us away, it's even better than the Mercury in finish details and quietness, as one would expect, better brake pedal feel and you can tell more sound deadening insulation is in the Lincoln. She still wants to drive a few GM's before she commits, but I think she will buy the Merc..I can't think of a better car for the money in its class right now. I am hopefully excited that she will be joining the Ford family soon!
Old 2/25/06, 02:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Lincoln is high priced - many of the parts are the same as on the Fusion - brakes, tranny, engine, exhaust, etc, analog clock, etc. The dash on the Lincoln is higher - and has better choice of colors - and seats are about the same. I think the steering colum (not the steering wheel) is the same as the Focus. All three versions of the new car - Fusion, Milan, and Zephyr are nice and solid. Sales seem to be good.
Old 2/26/06, 08:25 AM
Cobra Member

I see the cost difference as you'll get what your willing to pay for. I took a Zephyr out for a test drive last week. I found the Zephyr is quite visually interesting, Front, Rear and Interior. Its the side profile with its lack of body side protection that does not excite me. The 221hp and its torque was fair, although I would an option for more. I like the vehicle just not a fan of front wheel drive. Plus just not sure I'm ready to giveup the SUV. May wait to see the Edge and new Aviator. But I have not written it off my any means. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/26/06, 12:44 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Yeah, they're both awesome cars.