Ford Discussions Non-Mustang Ford Products

Drive a Ford or Park Across the Street

Search this Thread

Old 2/2/06, 02:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Red Star @ February 2, 2006, 4:29 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
You should, but you don't have to.

Let's say that you lose your job at Ford and then go to work for Chevrolet. Does that mean that you have to trade your F-150 for Silverado?
[/b][/quote]

Nope. I'd park in the back [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]

I know a lot of people have different opinions on this rule. And I do understand where everyone is coming from. I don't think there is neccesarily a right and a wrong answer to this. Fact is, no one is going to be happy with every decision made. What's done is done.

If things would have been flip-flopped I'm sure there would have been workers upset that people were driving other makes and taking up spots up front. It's just one of those things that is debatable on both ends.
Old 2/2/06, 03:41 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GhostTX @ February 2, 2006, 9:35 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I do when they blatantly have more than 10 items. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img] I fail to see your argument there anyway. I'm not saying this is racism, I'm saying that Ford is discriminating against people for what they have. I was merely pointing out that if Ford made a policy of whites get to park closer than blacks, people would get in a twist about it.

Ford is imposing a "class" structure of have and have nots. You either have a Ford product or you don't and as such the company is treating you differently. Now, regardless of how good or dedicated of an employee you are to Ford, you are being discriminated because of a personal purchase choice that doesn't have anything to do with your ability to do your job. When you go to work for a company, you do not arbitrarily agree to buy or use the product they make. Why is that so hard for you to understand?
[/b][/quote]It isn't difficult for me to understand at all, as I've already said that I agree the policy is stupid. You've put up a strawman and knocked it down. Good work.

Ford is discriminating based on what people have, yes. Racism discriminates based on what people are.

Get the difference? Understand why even mentinoning racism as an analogy in any way to this policy is completely ridiculous?