Ford Discussions Non-Mustang Ford Products

Aston Martin Targets F430, Gallardo

Search this Thread

Old 5/11/07, 08:45 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Look buddy any company can make a car that can smakc the crap out of a Ferrari or lambo...Hell the Aerial Atom beats a Ferrari without breaking a sweat but what make Aston and Aston is the entire experience. The Veyron is an awesome machine but it's in a league of it's own.

To quote Lalo "The best exhaust tone, the hand-craftmanship, the amazing interior, the perfect 50/50 balance, and the Aston styling. Power. Beauty. Soul." this is what makes an aston an aston.
Read up on your Aston heritage and you will understand and the following the Mark has and the type of people that own them and you'll see what we mean.
As said before Aston doesn't need a Blower or turbo. if they choose to g that route fine but they don't need it and the current owners should know WAY better than you after all they are ProDrive as in the guys that have been developing winning race technology for years now.
If anyone can design a car that can beat a Ferrari they can.

A while back Jeremy clarkson and Steve Coogan pitted a Ferrari against an inferior according to them Vanquish..guess which car they both said they would rather own? Yup the vanquish crap clutch and all.
Because the Aston is more than just perfomance.
Old 5/14/07, 09:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by burningman
Look buddy any company can make a car that can smakc the crap out of a Ferrari or lambo...Hell the Aerial Atom beats a Ferrari without breaking a sweat but what make Aston and Aston is the entire experience. The Veyron is an awesome machine but it's in a league of it's own.

To quote Lalo "The best exhaust tone, the hand-craftmanship, the amazing interior, the perfect 50/50 balance, and the Aston styling. Power. Beauty. Soul." this is what makes an aston an aston.
Read up on your Aston heritage and you will understand and the following the Mark has and the type of people that own them and you'll see what we mean.
As said before Aston doesn't need a Blower or turbo. if they choose to g that route fine but they don't need it and the current owners should know WAY better than you after all they are ProDrive as in the guys that have been developing winning race technology for years now.
If anyone can design a car that can beat a Ferrari they can.

A while back Jeremy clarkson and Steve Coogan pitted a Ferrari against an inferior according to them Vanquish..guess which car they both said they would rather own? Yup the vanquish crap clutch and all.
Because the Aston is more than just perfomance.

Why is everybody so touchy around here? All this because I was hoping they would go the blown route, as if having a turbo or a supercharger under the hood means the interior has to be crap and the exhaust note has to sound bad.. Either they compete with Ferrari/Lambo or they don't, it sounds like nobody here wants them to, which is fine, but there are many people who would love to see it done.

I still remember lusting after these Aston's when I was a kid.

Aston introduced a super-powerful version in 1992, the Vantage. Traditionally, the Vantage label was reserved for the most powerful version of Aston Martin. This Vantage was no exception. It had its V8 boosted by two Eaton superchargers. The result was 550 horsepower and equally impressive 550 lbft of torque. All these tremendous forces could only be handled by the 6-speed manual gearbox from Chevrolet Corvette ZR1. A top speed of over 186 mph and 0-60 mph in 4.6 seconds brought Aston Martin back to the supercar club for the first time since Zagato. Aston claimed it recorded 191 mph during testing, which made it the fastest Aston ever built.

http://www.autozine.org/Classiccar/h...n/Vantage.html

Is that not an Aston?
Old 5/18/07, 10:54 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
We are just passionate about a fantastic mark with, in our opinions some of the sexiest cars on the panet. More than likely none of us can or will be able to afford them but we are still very passionate about the mark and want to see them in good hands doing great stuff and still remaining true to thier heritage much the same way Ferrari, Porshe have. Aston for the longest time has been in the wings and on the fringes now they are once again a company to be respected..they no longer are making Jags in drag.

As i said if they went with forced induction then fine that ok but they don't "need" to to compete with the lambo and ferrari.
if Prodrive the "RACE COMPANY" thought they needed it they would do it but they think they can without it.
You keep saying that Aston has no chance without a blower/turbo. What makes you think they need to be blown or they can't compete? High HP motors don't need to have force induction.

As for the two astons you posted yes they are great cars but I'd much rather have the N/A original 70's V8..but that's me

No one has said if it has a turbo or SC the car has a crap interior blah blah
Old 5/19/07, 05:58 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Those old Vantage cars of the late 70's early 80's sold like crap. Heck, most early Astons had horrid problems. Remember the sedan they sold, the Lagonda, with the anteater nose. PROBLEMS GALORE! That car was really a POS! They are staying simple with their engines, and I for one am glad. If your complaining about Astons not having turbos, or blowers, why don't you complain about Ferraris or Lamborghinis not having them either. Or Porsches for that matter.

Those cars are all-out performance cars, while Astons are more than that. Performance plus style and exquisite materials. That is why their cars are called GT's, which stands for Grand Touring, or Grand Turismo. When they do make the mid-engine car (and I really think they will), it will have everything an Aston is used to having, but be quick as you know what. And by the way, Black331, I really don't get your logic with the Porsche remark you made, A Carrera GT isn't a Porsche because the Cayenne has a back seat? WHAT??? Anyhow, like the others said above, some people get the Aston Martin marquee and mystique, and some apparently don't. Go to an auto show, and see them up close, or go to a dealer, and take a look at one. You'll understand when you see one up close. Everything is PERFECT!! If I could have 1 convertible right now, it would be a V8 Vantage Roadster! That car is just drop dead GORGEOUS!!!!