Ford Discussions Non-Mustang Ford Products

2009 Ford Escape Hybrid?

Search this Thread

Old 7/28/08, 06:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Thanks for all the help Gang! Ordered The Escape Hybrid!!

Okay Gang: We got her done!! Ordered the 2009 Escape Hybrid LTD with the Mrs. today. I did all the research and the phone calls. She sat down, closed the deal and we signed the contract papers!! For those fellow TMS members that are considering getting one of these Ford Hybrids. Theres good news and theres bad news. First the good news. If you preorder one right now, you will be guaranteed to take delivery, without having to bid on one! Bad news. Sorry they are going to be very much more expensive than the Plain Jane I-4 versions of the same new 2009 Escapes.

First we checked with several Ford dealerships in the greater Metro area and this is what we found. Because of the Ford's own predicted low production build numbers (25K?) on the Hybrids, each Ford dealership will only have a few numbered allotments for all of the 2009 year.

All Hybrids shall be preordered on a first come, first order, first deposit basis. Meaning when their allotments have been all filled, you will have to go on to the next dealership to try to order etc. I believe that about ten or more folks will probably want one of these babies, for everyone that is delivered. And we all know what that is doing for the purchase pricing!

One dealership wanted a five thousand dollar deposit to order! With no written price guarantee when it arrived. Another Dealership wanted a one thousand dollars deposit and would charge us the adjusted market value when ever it arrived here! We were in a total spin with all of this stuff!

Finally through a sharp friend in the Ford new car business, we hooked up with a great local Ford dealership. They were more than very fair with us, considering the Hybrid sales game now going on. Again it was list price, as shown on the Ford Web Site today. There is just no dealing on these gang. But today's price was contract guaranteed to us upon delivery!! The total delivery, prep and local advertizing costs and doc fees were all waived for us too! Because we were paying the list price. A Five hundred dollar deposit to order it today and we are now happy and begin the waiting game!

But wait theres more. Also a possible six to eight month delivery wait period was discussed. But he said we would probably get it long before Christmas time. Seems like a very long waiting time, but it's much better than not getting a new one at all. Or worse yet, paying out way too much over the sticker list price later, to enjoy the benifits of these fun Hybrids.

Mrs. Fell in love with these Ford Escape Hybrids last year and is selling her big, low mile six year old SUV to someone that needs it for their winter country driving. And I'm selling a old tired street rod project car for the extra dough to get her into this great but spendy Hybrid fun!! We keep things around here almost for ever, so we will do just fine with this green investment!! Who knows what gas will cost in a couple of years?

So lastly. If you are really thinking of getting one of these new 2009 Ford Escape Hybrids and all that extra cost does not scare you away. Then I recommend that you investigate all of this and if you agree, then do it now my friends!! Betting by September, the price crazies (i.e. GT-500) will have already started and it might be just too late to order one of these at somewhat of a sane price. Good Luck!! CalStang
Old 7/30/08, 08:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CalStang'07
Okay Gang: We got her done!! Ordered the 2009 Escape Hybrid LTD with the Mrs. today. I did all the research and the phone calls. She sat down, closed the deal and we signed the contract papers!! For those fellow TMS members that are considering getting one of these Ford Hybrids. Theres good news and theres bad news. First the good news. If you preorder one right now, you will be guaranteed to take delivery, without having to bid on one! Bad news. Sorry they are going to be very much more expensive than the Plain Jane I-4 versions of the same new 2009 Escapes.

First we checked with several Ford dealerships in the greater Metro area and this is what we found. Because of the Ford's own predicted low production build numbers (25K?) on the Hybrids, each Ford dealership will only have a few numbered allotments for all of the 2009 year.

All Hybrids shall be preordered on a first come, first order, first deposit basis. Meaning when their allotments have been all filled, you will have to go on to the next dealership to try to order etc. I believe that about ten or more folks will probably want one of these babies, for everyone that is delivered. And we all know what that is doing for the purchase pricing!

One dealership wanted a five thousand dollar deposit to order! With no written price guarantee when it arrived. Another Dealership wanted a one thousand dollars deposit and would charge us the adjusted market value when ever it arrived here! We were in a total spin with all of this stuff!

Finally through a sharp friend in the Ford new car business, we hooked up with a great local Ford dealership. They were more than very fair with us, considering the Hybrid sales game now going on. Again it was list price, as shown on the Ford Web Site today. There is just no dealing on these gang. But today's price was contract guaranteed to us upon delivery!! The total delivery, prep and local advertizing costs and doc fees were all waived for us too! Because we were paying the list price. A Five hundred dollar deposit to order it today and we are now happy and begin the waiting game!

But wait theres more. Also a possible six to eight month delivery wait period was discussed. But he said we would probably get it long before Christmas time. Seems like a very long waiting time, but it's much better than not getting a new one at all. Or worse yet, paying out way too much over the sticker list price later, to enjoy the benifits of these fun Hybrids.

Mrs. Fell in love with these Ford Escape Hybrids last year and is selling her big, low mile six year old SUV to someone that needs it for their winter country driving. And I'm selling a old tired street rod project car for the extra dough to get her into this great but spendy Hybrid fun!! We keep things around here almost for ever, so we will do just fine with this green investment!! Who knows what gas will cost in a couple of years?

So lastly. If you are really thinking of getting one of these new 2009 Ford Escape Hybrids and all that extra cost does not scare you away. Then I recommend that you investigate all of this and if you agree, then do it now my friends!! Betting by September, the price crazies (i.e. GT-500) will have already started and it might be just too late to order one of these at somewhat of a sane price. Good Luck!! CalStang
Congrats RC. I actually just placed an order for another one on Tuesday for a customer who was referred to me by a fellow who just picked up his 2009 Mustang. I sold it to him at list price, and told him it could be over 8 months or so, to get it (his is the 3rd order in the banks for a Hybrid. We have 2 others ahead of him). As of right now, I told my boss we should stop taking any more orders for these, and I think he will agree with me. I'm the type of sales person who is totally honest when it comes to delivery dates. I don't want to tell someone they can order one and get it. It may not happen after the 3 we took.

And the reason for the low volume, is two-fold. 1st is the battery availability. Sanyo (the manufacturer I believe), can only make so many batteries, and the 2nd reason, is for the tax credit. Once a car maker reaches 60,000 total units sold, the tax credit starts to lower each quarter until it eventually goes away. Toyota is a prime example. No more credits on the Prius or the Lexus hybrids as they reached that total already.
Old 9/3/08, 08:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Cool Ford Dealer just called about the 2009 Escape Hybrids

Update: Dealer just called and said that the first Escape Hybrid that was ordered through them last May has just arrived! We are number three on the waiting list with them for our own Escape Hybrid!. This dealership's entire factory allotment for the 2009 Escape hybrids, is only seven units. He also stated that there is not pressure to order them yet. As people are somewhat turned off by the very long wait period after ordering and by the increased cost of getting a Hybrid Escape model. Enclosed is a picture of a 2008 Hybrid in the Light Ice Blue Paint. This is the color that she has ordered for her 2009. Will keep the interested parties informed on this hybrid purchase, delivery and test drive reports. CalStang
Attached Images  
Old 11/19/08, 04:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

"On The Way"

Okay Ford Lovers: Update. Dealer called and the 2009 Escape Hybrid is on the way! But we are just now leaving for ten days in Florida with our kids for Turkey-Day etc. So we shall try to finalize this deal in early December. They said that they will hold it for us, because we ordered it through them! Will keep u-folks here posted. For those still interested in this fun Ford Hybrid model. CalStang
Old 12/5/08, 10:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

"No Hybrid Deal"

Our 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid deal fell through this week and sadly we will not be getting one at this time. A lot of things have really changed in the world, since we ordered that blue beauty this last July.

The monies that we had planned on using to pay for it were all in the Market. And well, as of now about about half of that original value is now just gone! But then we decided to at least try to still buy it for her, with a 36 month low interst loan and a trade in with the Ford dealership.

Well the Ford dealership said that they could only offer us 6K for our very low mileage cherry garage queen full sized 2002 SUV. I told them that offer would be the deal breaker for us and then we just walked out of the front door! Game over!! They really thought they had us over a barrel on this one!

That day just about broke the First Ladies heart! As she had waited so very many months for it to finally get here! We had already agreed to pay the full sticker price for this new Escape Hybrid and then they stood there and sadly, only offered us about half of the current area trade in value on her very beautiful fully loaded SUV here in the heart of winter snow country. Locals love the big 4X4's for winters in this part of the world!!

In retrospect, maybe they (dealership) unknowingly have done us a very big favor? Taking on some new debts now with America's current problems and with a new president coming into power, is not the very smartest of choices this year! No-ones buying anything here in the Midwest right now!

Heck after tax time next year, when we have some of our investment monies then rearranged. Who knows, that very same hybrid may still be sitting there on the lot with all of the rest of the unsold stuff? This could be my last report on this very sore hybrid subject!! Thanks. CalStang
Attached Thumbnails 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid?-2008-nov-pix-050.jpg   2009 Ford Escape Hybrid?-2008-nov-pix-044.jpg   2009 Ford Escape Hybrid?-2008-nov-pix-046.jpg   2009 Ford Escape Hybrid?-2008-nov-pix-047.jpg   2009 Ford Escape Hybrid?-2008-nov-pix-045.jpg