Ford Discussions Non-Mustang Ford Products

2009 Ford Escape Hybrid?

Search this Thread

Old 4/9/08, 12:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid?

Loving our great 2007 GT/CS. But now looking at a 2009 ford Escape Hybrid SUV. To replace the other half's big 2002 gas drinking SUV! Does anyone out here have access or knowledge about the 2009 Escape specs, build sheets or this summer's prop. order dates? So we can do research build of one of next year's Escape hybrids?

Talk and rumor says, it should be availible with the new Sync sound system? Hope that is so true! She wants the MP3 music and Bluetooth option for road trips?

Also heard one. That Ford the may modify the hybrid engine platform, as an upgrade, for even better performance, smoother engine sound and even gas better mileage?

Hand writing is on the wall now with current gas prices increasing each and every day! We test drove a new black 2008 Escape Hybrid a couple of weeks ago at the local dealership and really liked it alot!! As a Ford family, this could be our future choice! Believe that a big crush demand is coming soon for this little hybrid SUV.

Any real FoMoCo and or any dealership Member's information here, would be gladly received by us Gang! Thinking of "Going Green" here!! CalStang
Old 4/9/08, 01:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ive driven the 08 escape hybrid with the CVT a bunch of times. Great ride.....the guys who car is it was said the only downside (it was a company car) he had to drive about an hour on the highway to get to our work and that it didnt really save him any money there. However driving around town he saw a big difference. Good luck if you get it. Great looking in my opinion too.
Old 4/10/08, 08:15 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
RC, the new '09 Escape (both gas and Hybrid versions) are suppose to be different in terms of powertrain and engine. The gas is suppose to get the higher displacement power 3.0 with a 6-speed, while the hybrid, from what I read on other forums, an upgraded hybrid system, which will also go into the 2009 Fusion Hybrid when that comes out next year. I'm just waiting for the order guide to get posted, which should be sometime in the next month or so.
Old 4/11/08, 05:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Cool Excellent Info Sir!!

Sir Jeff:

Thanks for the information Bro! Will share the same with the First Lady. We have already decided that we are going to get a 2009 Escape Hybrid!! After our test drive and her liking this SUV so very much, I then began the web site research for new info etc! We live in a snowy forested rural area in the Losse Hills and need an SUV up here!

Really wondering just what this new power train combo upgrade will constitute? Had the Ford Sync system been availible now, we probably would have wanted a 2008 unit.

Jeff. When you get any new info, relative to the 2009 ordering build data, could you possibly please notify us here, so we could do our first look build/pricing sheet plan?

Have always loved our Fords! But their current product line is so very great in the build quality, the style and the total function! Thanks again for your help!! "RC"
Old 4/11/08, 05:07 AM
Team Mustang Source

I saw a press release somewhere on the 09 Escape detailing all the changes, I'll see if I can find it for you.
Old 4/11/08, 05:12 AM
Team Mustang Source

Here you go, this pretty much details all the major changes for 2009.

http://media.ford.com/article_displa...ticle_id=27548
Old 4/11/08, 10:40 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by CalStang'07
Sir Jeff:

Thanks for the information Bro! Will share the same with the First Lady. We have already decided that we are going to get a 2009 Escape Hybrid!! After our test drive and her liking this SUV so very much, I then began the web site research for new info etc! We live in a snowy forested rural area in the Losse Hills and need an SUV up here!

Really wondering just what this new power train combo upgrade will constitute? Had the Ford Sync system been availible now, we probably would have wanted a 2008 unit.

Jeff. When you get any new info, relative to the 2009 ordering build data, could you possibly please notify us here, so we could do our first look build/pricing sheet plan?

Have always loved our Fords! But their current product line is so very great in the build quality, the style and the total function! Thanks again for your help!! "RC"
Will Do RC. When I get the order guide, I'll post a link to it in this thread for ya.
Old 4/11/08, 10:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I look forward to seeing this guide as well.

Thanks jeff!
Old 4/12/08, 06:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Cool Thanks Tons Gang!

Jeff: Thanks for the followup e-mail on the future Escape Hybrid build data! Cannot wait to build one these Escape Hybrids on their site, for the Mrs.

Steve: Thanks for the outstanding Ford press release on the Escape Hybrid!! Great info here! It answered some of our questions about the 2009 upgrades!

Great Stuff Gang!! Thanks again for taking such good care of us here in the Outstanding TMS Forum and also in the wonderful Ford Family too!!

FYI: For those of you that have not driven one of these fun hybrids yet. They are a hoot to wheel around in!! Solid build at about 3,500 pounds. Very tight and quite in town and on the highway too! Tons of great acceleration power with both the motor and the engine pulling together. Felt like a strong V-6 going up the on-ramp, to get on to the interstate! A real surprizing amount of good grunt/torque pulling up the hills in town. Something we really need where we live rural. In the parking lots, drove around like a big silent golf cart! Very cool! At the very first stop light in heavy afternoon city traffic, it was kind of unnerving. As we just rolled to the stop. The Escape's engine had shut completely off and we were just quitely sitting there. While everyone else's engines were idling and rumbling, waiting to launch! Light turns green, pressed the pedal down and zoom! Away we silently go along with the whole rumbling herd! We just loved this driving experience! Out on the interstate. We ran along with everyone just fine! Above 70 MPH, engine got a little busy under strong acceleration, but is okay for just cruisng along!! Bucket seats as nice as our CalStang's and a great sound system too! The First Lady says. "I've have just got to get me one of these". "I love it". Thats our test drive report on the Escape Hybrid. Don't even test drive one, if you don't want to get hooked on this great Ford Hybrid SUV. "RC" & Mrs. "T"

Last edited by CalStang'07; 4/13/08 at 05:47 AM. Reason: Added detail info. CalStang
Old 4/13/08, 02:39 AM
Team Mustang Source

Awesome report CalStang, much appreciated. I think I'm going to be ordering an '09 as well for the Misses (soon to be Mrs.) as soon as they are available to be ordered. I'm guessing June-ish for order banks to open up?
Old 7/2/08, 12:21 AM
Team Mustang Source

Here is the order guide for the 09 Escape.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2009 Escape Order Guide.pdf (448.9 KB, 987 views)
Old 7/2/08, 05:55 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks!
Old 7/2/08, 09:57 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by theedge67
Here is the order guide for the 09 Escape.
Thanks Steve.

Cool thing with the new Hybrid, the battery won't kick off until you pass 40 MPH now. Previously, gas mode kicked on past 25 MPH. Gonna add to the MPG in the city for sure.
Old 7/2/08, 10:48 AM
Team Mustang Source

Wow, I did not know that. That is a great feature, and I always wondered why it was set so low. That should definitely help out with the mileage. I just wish they would hurry up and get a plug in version on the road. That would really help out, being able to drive a full 30+ miles on electric only, and for less than $1 in electricity.
Old 7/12/08, 11:12 AM
V6 Member

But have they corrected the grested flaw in the Ford Hybrid system: The engine has to be running to power the air conditioning compressor.

Toyota has moved on to electrically powered A/C compressors, but Ford has not. This is a big problem in the south and significaly negates the Hybrid benefits in the summer.
Old 7/12/08, 04:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

I agree 100%, and don't understand why this is not a priority for Ford. They do have an "econ" mode, where the engine runs less and a/c cooling is compromised, or the regular mode where the a/c is priority.
Old 7/12/08, 09:55 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by Maverstang
But have they corrected the grested flaw in the Ford Hybrid system: The engine has to be running to power the air conditioning compressor.

Toyota has moved on to electrically powered A/C compressors, but Ford has not. This is a big problem in the south and significaly negates the Hybrid benefits in the summer.
Ford has an entire range of cars that need their EPA numbers brought up, refinements to an otherwise solid Hybrid system will come but not expeditiously.
Old 7/14/08, 05:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Cool Still awaiting 2009 hybrid pricing

Hey Gang: Still awaiting here for the 2009 hybrid pricing data from the Ford web site! Looks as if the Big Blue Oval seems to be dragging their feet on this? Pity that they were not completely ramped up for the very big demand thats building for the hybrid versions of their great Escape and the Fusion models! And now rumor says the price is really going up on these babies. Plus a possible very limited dealer availibilty etc. So sadly we will probably have to wait forever after ordering a hybrid! And will also surely have to pay a very pretty penny for one of these in these very tight times? Sure hope that I' very wrong on all counts, relative to all this hybrid rumor stuff!! Anyone else have anything new to share on this hybrid subject? CalStang
Old 7/14/08, 06:17 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by CalStang'07
Hey Gang: Still awaiting here for the 2009 hybrid pricing data from the Ford web site! Looks as if the Big Blue Oval seems to be dragging their feet on this? Pity that they were not completely ramped up for the very big demand thats building for the hybrid versions of their great Escape and the Fusion models! And now rumor says the price is really going up on these babies. Plus a possible very limited dealer availibilty etc. So sadly we will probably have to wait forever after ordering a hybrid! And will also surely have to pay a very pretty penny for one of these in these very tight times? Sure hope that I' very wrong on all counts, relative to all this hybrid rumor stuff!! Anyone else have anything new to share on this hybrid subject? CalStang
Hey RC, PM me your options you ordered and I can give you what the MSRP would be. There have been pricing for the 2009 Escapes for the past several months now. Just not on the website thats all. I'll be glad to help, so you know what to expect the vehicle to run.
Old 7/19/08, 08:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Cool Thanks Bro!!

Jeff: Thanks for your offer Bro! We did some hard core searching on the web and finally located the 2009 Escape pricing lists. Now wondering when the production and deliveries will actually begin? Than there will be the long wait time after ordering. This because of the new increased demand for these great little hybrids!! The Mrs. really wants one of these!! Time to nail it with one of our dealers and get the ball rolling!! CalStang

Quick Reply: 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid?