Ford Discussions Non-Mustang Ford Products

2008 Ford Fusion gets Sport Package

Search this Thread

Old 9/10/08, 01:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Ford Fusion gets Sport Package

click above image to view more photos of the 2008 Ford Fusion with Sport Package
Most here at AutoMK who have driven the Ford Fusion are a fan, though our one complaint that remains ignored is the car's lack of power. The 3.0L Duratic V6 with 221 HP just doesn't cut it for us. Instead of fixing the problem for 2008, Ford has instead decided to offer Fusion customers an optional Sport Appearance Package so your car will look faster than it really it is.
Available on both SE and SEL models, the Sport Package adds 18-inch machined aluminum wheels, a rear lip spoiler and body-color surrounds for the front fog lamps. I can feel the skin peeling back away from my face already. Inside Fusions with the option Sport Package will be charcoal black interior trim, contrasting red stitching and a brushed aluminum face plate for the center console. Also available are "red-splashed" cloth seat inserts or red leather inlays. These Fusions with the Sport Package will only be available in Black, Redfire Metallic, Vapor Silver and Silver Birch Metallic.
But wait, the Sport Package actually does add some go-fast hardware to the Fusion, including a more sporty tuned suspension with a larger rear stabilizer bar, stiffer springs and adjusted springs and dampers. Kudos for the components, but not even a freer breathing air filter or exhaust system for a half dozen more horsepower? Ah well, it'll only cost you $895, anyway.
Check out Ford's official press release after the jump and our high-res gallery of the 2008 Ford Fusion with Sport Package below.
Old 9/10/08, 06:52 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by assdon

click above image to view more photos of the 2008 Ford Fusion with Sport Package
Most here at AutoMK who have driven the Ford Fusion are a fan, though our one complaint that remains ignored is the car's lack of power. The 3.0L Duratic V6 with 221 HP just doesn't cut it for us. Instead of fixing the problem for 2008, Ford has instead decided to offer Fusion customers an optional Sport Appearance Package so your car will look faster than it really it is.
Available on both SE and SEL models, the Sport Package adds 18-inch machined aluminum wheels, a rear lip spoiler and body-color surrounds for the front fog lamps. I can feel the skin peeling back away from my face already. Inside Fusions with the option Sport Package will be charcoal black interior trim, contrasting red stitching and a brushed aluminum face plate for the center console. Also available are "red-splashed" cloth seat inserts or red leather inlays. These Fusions with the Sport Package will only be available in Black, Redfire Metallic, Vapor Silver and Silver Birch Metallic.
But wait, the Sport Package actually does add some go-fast hardware to the Fusion, including a more sporty tuned suspension with a larger rear stabilizer bar, stiffer springs and adjusted springs and dampers. Kudos for the components, but not even a freer breathing air filter or exhaust system for a half dozen more horsepower? Ah well, it'll only cost you $895, anyway.
Check out Ford's official press release after the jump and our high-res gallery of the 2008 Ford Fusion with Sport Package below.
Don't mean to break your stones, but welcome to last year. We're in 2009 model year now and its kinda old news. BTW, have you driven a Fusion V6? Obviously not, if you think its not fast. I do drive one (my demo at work) and I will put that car up against anything Japan offers in the same price range. Even my buddy who is a service writer at a Toyota dealer was impressed with it, when we went out to dinner one night.