SN95 Mustang 1994-2004 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

If it's not one thing it's something else...

Search this Thread

Old 1/30/10, 08:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If it's not one thing it's something else...

Well, my electrical problems seemed to be all worked out, but of course something else would come up . I just had new tires put on her about a week and a half ago. I had searched around on tirerack.com and decided to go with the Continental all weather high performance tires. Well, I put about a hundred miles on them within a couple days of the new tires and then parked it for about a week. I went out this afternoon and after about 5 minutes of normal driving I make a turn and as I accelerate (not hard at all) I feel the back end hopping... not good! I get to a place where I can pull over and really look at things and the sidewall on my lovely new tire was torn 2/3 of the way around the tire . I'm going to have to wait next week till the tire shop gets another one in and then they are going to have to check the tire out before they come to a conclusion on how the money bit is going to work out. If it's not one thing it's something else...
Old 1/30/10, 10:24 PM
GT Member

bad luck

Ouch! I just bought a new set of mounted tires (Sumitomos) /wheels online . . . . hopefully I will have more luck than you! I should get them Monday.

Pray to the mustang gods! . . . . . . I think you were eye balling that new Camaro . . .. . and this is the Mustang gods way of punishing you!

Hopefully your luck will improve!
Old 1/31/10, 06:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
I always say if it aint one thing its 5 other things. Best of luck. This is one reason I always go with discount tire. They price match and have always taken care of my mess ups better than I thought they would.

Last edited by Glenn; 1/31/10 at 06:38 AM.
Old 1/31/10, 12:22 PM
Bullitt Member

I don't think it's the Mustang gods... unless it's because I've never officially introduced myself or my car on the forum. That's probably it, since I bleed blue and wouldn't touch anything else with a 20 foot pole.
Old 2/2/10, 08:24 AM
GT Member

Sounds like a tire defect for sure! Did you look for the date of tire manufacture,on the sidewall?
Maybe old stock?
My son had the same thing happen to one of his rear tires. Happened at 70 MPH,but he luckily was able to stop safely!
Old 2/2/10, 09:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Mus408
Sounds like a tire defect for sure! Did you look for the date of tire manufacture,on the sidewall?
Maybe old stock?
My son had the same thing happen to one of his rear tires. Happened at 70 MPH,but he luckily was able to stop safely!
No I didn't look. I am taking it to the tire shop today, and I'll take a closer look at it along with pictures. I am definitely lucky that the circumstances around when it happened were good... it could have been a lot worse.
Old 2/2/10, 05:22 PM
Bullitt Member

It's getting to the point where I'm afraid to drive it because there's something new every time. My wheel was cracked, hence why a brand new tired popped after a week. It was on the back of the wheel which is why they didn't find out about it until now. They're going to give me an estimate tomorrow on a possible price to fix it...