SN95 Mustang 1994-2004 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

I need help!!! 02 Roush...

Search this Thread

Old 1/2/13, 09:51 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I need help!!! 02 Roush...

I have a friend who's boyfriend totaled her 02 Roush Stage 2.
It's VIN:
1FAFP42X12F163768
Roush #3981

Her insurance company is only valuing it as a GT. Yes it started out as a GT, but it was converted. Is this normal? I'm just trying to help her all I can cause she has bigger fish to fry! Her boyfriend was hurt! Is there a way for it to be seen as a Roush & not just a GT?

I appreciate any advice you can give me!!

If you need any other info, just tell me & I'll get it from her. Thanks again!!
Old 1/3/13, 01:27 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong someone...but doesn't this depend on how the car was insured?

For example: if I call my insurance company and got all my mods added on to the policy it will be more spendy but they will then cover them in the event of an accident. Or i could keep my ride insured as a stock gt and eat any of those costs. What I'm thinking is that the vehicle was insured as a GT and thus will be reimbursed as such. This could be because it was cheaper to insure or out of complete error at the time of insuring the ride.

Thoughts?
Old 1/3/13, 02:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
IIRC, Roush cars are post-title mods, so technically they *are* just regular GTs by VIN, unless you made it clear to your insurance that the value was higher...might be too late to work that out. You can't search for a "Roush" brand vehicle on sites like KBB, autotrader etc.
Old 1/3/13, 08:16 AM
Cobra R Member

Jersey, of course it was insured.

Thanks laserred!!
Old 1/3/13, 08:21 AM
Cobra R Member

From her:
True but it has a collector value and I had hirer rated ins on it for that reason

She said this before I told her what you said this.
Old 1/3/13, 11:00 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by eliyarbrough
From her:
True but it has a collector value and I had hirer rated ins on it for that reason

She said this before I told her what you said this.

Sounds like it's going to be another typical insurance battle. I hate insurance companies just as much as service providers (Internet/phone etc). If they were paying a higher premium because the ins valued the car higher than a plain GT, they should be getting a higher payout. Makes no sense.
Old 1/24/13, 10:00 PM
Bullitt Member

When you make modifications to the vehicle you have to notify your insurance company so they insure you for the things that are on your car if she didn't let them know then they only cover it for what it was by any chance did she put the mods on the car where she might have receipts for the aftermarket parts
Old 1/25/13, 04:27 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by shaunrc
When you make modifications to the vehicle you have to notify your insurance company so they insure you for the things that are on your car if she didn't let them know then they only cover it for what it was by any chance did she put the mods on the car where she might have receipts for the aftermarket parts
This. Same point I was trying to make in my post above... They won't insure what they won't know about-so if they thought it was a gt, when it is totaled it wil be valued as such.