SN95 Mustang 1994-2004 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

2003 Mustang GT Centennial Edition - Worth?

Search this Thread

Old 6/17/11, 11:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Mustang GT Centennial Edition - Worth?

Hello! I bought a 2003 Mustang GT Centennial Edition from a dealer and making payments on it. After about three months I've had many problems and eventually discovered that it was a salvaged vehicle. I'm currently trying to take action to settle things, but I need to know how much this car is worth salvaged.

The special edition isn't an option on KBB, nor is a salvage car an option.

Any help you guys could provide would be a HUGE help!
Old 6/18/11, 06:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would take legal action with this one. Especially since the dealer left out that it was a salvage title. Before I got my bullitt I was looking at an 07 quad cab Dodge ram 1500 kbb was right at 20k well the Guy refused to say it was a salvage title even when I asked. Long story short the loan company gave me a 6k allowance on it. I'm not big on math but That's not even 50% of the kbb value.
Old 6/18/11, 09:36 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
now that you've already signed the paperwork, in all odds, there's not going to be muh you can do. If you get a lawyer to battle the case, it's going to cost you just as much as what you'd get back.
Old 6/18/11, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by StangMahn
now that you've already signed the paperwork, in all odds, there's not going to be muh you can do. If you get a lawyer to battle the case, it's going to cost you just as much as what you'd get back.
Yeah, not really wanting to go through that headache and all that uncertainty.

Originally Posted by sinisterbullitt
I would take legal action with this one. Especially since the dealer left out that it was a salvage title. Before I got my bullitt I was looking at an 07 quad cab Dodge ram 1500 kbb was right at 20k well the Guy refused to say it was a salvage title even when I asked. Long story short the loan company gave me a 6k allowance on it. I'm not big on math but That's not even 50% of the kbb value.
Arg. Loan company is playing ball a little bit, but nothing close to $6k allowance so far.
Old 6/23/11, 02:39 PM
Bullitt Member

How did they approve you on a salvage title? Of you don't mind me asking
Old 6/23/11, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by sinisterbullitt
How did they approve you on a salvage title? Of you don't mind me asking
Who, the finance company? They said they were wronged and not informed of the salvage title either. All the repairs they're doing I'm told is being sent to the dealer.

All-in-all, the whole thing seems very odd.
Old 6/24/11, 11:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Yes the finance company. Whether or not its a salvage title should be attached to the vin and openly viewed by anyone. Ex. A carfax or any other accident report. I don't know how the car lot could have hidden that other than using a false vin. When i tried to finance the Dodge all I did was call a few companies to get an approval and they knew instantly it Was salvage and they didn't want to mess with it
Old 6/24/11, 12:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by AlexBAT
Hello! I bought a 2003 Mustang GT Centennial Edition from a dealer and making payments on it. After about three months I've had many problems and eventually discovered that it was a salvaged vehicle. I'm currently trying to take action to settle things, but I need to know how much this car is worth salvaged.

The special edition isn't an option on KBB, nor is a salvage car an option.

Any help you guys could provide would be a HUGE help!
It would just be valued as a regular Mustang GT. Nothing terribly "special" about the Centennial edition that would make it worth more than a regular GT, at least at this point in time.