05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Who carries vent....

Search this Thread

Old 1/14/13, 07:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who carries vent....

I could use some help. Looking for satin finish vent pods (outer ring). I was looking awhile ago on vendor sites and found some, now can't remember or find them again.
Any help would be appreciated. I don't like shiney chrome lip when the top is down.
Old 1/14/13, 08:11 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts
Weren't the GT500 and Bullitt vent rings satin? Don't know if you can order just the ring or if you have to order the whole assembly from Ford.

Edit: Found these.

http://www.partscheap.com/Mustang-Ve...z-19893-aa.htm
Old 1/14/13, 08:16 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Weren't the GT500 and Bullitt vent rings satin? Don't know if you can order just the ring or if you have to order the whole assembly from Ford.

Edit: Found these.

http://www.partscheap.com/Mustang-Ve...z-19893-aa.htm
You are correct about the Bullitt and GT500 rings as they are satin, and the link you posted is the only way to purchase them as a Vent assembly.
Old 1/14/13, 09:42 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
I did it myself - easy to pull out, take apart, and change it up. I agree, I didn't like the sun behind me in the convertible and getting the glare off the 'chrome'.

Went from this:
Name:  005.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  54.8 KB

to this:

because I liked the black look better on the car (black car with white accents).

Just used some paint for plastic, a little light scuff with fine sandpaper, and sprayed it. The chrome surround I didn't even paint, just used matte finish clear on it.

Name:  003-1.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  46.9 KB

I did the gauge surround as well, and changed to white face gauges as part of the project.
Name:  015-2.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  43.8 KB

Old 1/15/13, 09:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks all. I like the idea of painting the rings matt clear.
Jim C, anybody. How do the rings seperate once pod is out? And how does the center cluser rings come out? Just pull like the pods????
Old 1/15/13, 01:23 PM
legacy Tms Member

The vent pods just pull straight out. Open the vent, reach in and you may feel a tab (I didn't have to release one) and pull straight. Once you have it out flip it over and you will see the plastic tabs holding the ring. GENTLY pull the tab back and the ring will release. If you can get a Roush vent gauge instruction you will have the procedure.

The cluster takes a little more. Put ghe wheel in the lowest position and as I recall there is are 10 mm bolts toward the top to remove and then pull.

I don't have the instructions on my phone but a search should bring up the procedure for rdmoval.
Old 1/16/13, 04:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
what about plasti dipping them?
Old 1/16/13, 07:04 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
what about plasti dipping them?
That would probably LOOK great, but the plastic would add thickness and might affect fit too much.
Old 1/20/13, 10:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
No screws to remove, just pull it towards you. I think there are just 4 clips holding it in.

Originally Posted by JimC
The vent pods just pull straight out. Open the vent, reach in and you may feel a tab (I didn't have to release one) and pull straight. Once you have it out flip it over and you will see the plastic tabs holding the ring. GENTLY pull the tab back and the ring will release. If you can get a Roush vent gauge instruction you will have the procedure.

The cluster takes a little more. Put ghe wheel in the lowest position and as I recall there is are 10 mm bolts toward the top to remove and then pull.

I don't have the instructions on my phone but a search should bring up the procedure for rdmoval.
Old 1/20/13, 10:30 AM
legacy Tms Member

That's right, I remember now that when I did mine I was also changing the gauge faces so had to pull the gauge pack as well, and that is where the bolts are. The fascia does just pull straight back.
Old 1/20/13, 06:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks guys. I would like to do the satin clear when the weather breaks - a few months from now.