05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

What's the interior like?

Search this Thread

Old 12/16/04, 11:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys, I'm really into this new mustang, but I haven't been inside one yet. I've seen pics of the interior, and honestly it looks kinda...plastic. Is it really like this in person, or are pictures just not doing it justice?
Old 12/17/04, 12:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Without the interior upgrade package it basically is plastic. It's SSSSOOOOOOO much better looking with the IUP. I have sit in a V6 with IUP & a GT w/out & the difference is pretty dramatic. JMO.
Old 12/17/04, 12:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

compared to the current stangs it is one heck of an improvement. And I haven't seen the IUP in person yet, but have seen a charcoal leather interior on the GT, I thought it was nice.
Old 12/17/04, 01:18 AM
Cobra Member

The interior is pretty nice for an American car (not bashing just being honest). If your used to toyota and honda offerings you will be a bit dissapointed in the textured plastic. The interior upgrade package makes it 100% better. The leather seats and other surfaces are very nice however. My only complaint's with my interior is the shift lever. It has a pretty obvious seam in the plastic. I may try to rub it out. The other is the head liner, same thin flimsy appearing material used since the early 80's, fortunately it isnt really noticable, I'm just really picky.

It's a huge step in the right direction and over all I am pleased with the interior and overall fit and finish of the car. But I would highly reccomend the IUP, go to a dealership and have a look.
Old 12/17/04, 04:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Just remember this is a Mustang and I hope it never pretends to be something it isn't. I grew up with the Mustang and have seen other car companies change otherwise good sports cars until they were out of reach and only a faded memory of what they once were( ie..datsun 240-260-280z's) Ford is on the right track here... Priorities....300 HP under $25,000 and lots of muscle and fun :drive:
Old 12/17/04, 04:57 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I have discovered that the vanilla mustangs are very plasticky......The steering wheel is all hard and barbie car like. (JMO remember)
The Premium is a lot better. I like. Spend the extra couple bucks for the upgrade and you are good to go. Go with Diet IUP for the extra packaging and will feel lots better. I gotta have a steering wheel that isn't all hard.

I still do not like the cloth seats in either, I think the mustang logos are too shiny.The leather I like like.......

Overall however, it is a spectacular piece of machinery........
Old 12/17/04, 05:31 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by EleanorsMine@December 17, 2004, 6:00 AM
I have discovered that the vanilla mustangs are very plasticky......The steering wheel is all hard and barbie car like. (JMO remember)
The Premium is a lot better. I like. Spend the extra couple bucks for the upgrade and you are good to go. Go with Diet IUP for the extra packaging and will feel lots better. I gotta have a steering wheel that isn't all hard.

I still do not like the cloth seats in either, I think the mustang logos are too shiny.The leather I like like.......

What a great avatar.
Old 12/17/04, 05:35 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by holderca1+December 17, 2004, 7:34 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (holderca1 @ December 17, 2004, 7:34 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-EleanorsMine@December 17, 2004, 6:00 AM

What a great avatar. [/b][/quote]
Its Early and I haven't had all my coffee- Don't get me started

To keep on Topic-
I would sincerely love me some blue leather interior......
Old 12/17/04, 06:05 AM

Originally posted by EleanorsMine+December 17, 2004, 6:38 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (EleanorsMine @ December 17, 2004, 6:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by holderca1@December 17, 2004, 7:34 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-EleanorsMine
@December 17, 2004, 6:00 AM

What a great avatar.
Its Early and I haven't had all my coffee- Don't get me started

To keep on Topic-
I would sincerely love me some blue leather interior...... [/b][/quote]
www.katzkin.com
Old 12/17/04, 06:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by holderca1@December 17, 2004, 6:34 AM
What a great avatar.
If you click on Show All under our smilies, it's all the way at the bottom.
Old 12/17/04, 06:14 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by hispony+December 17, 2004, 8:09 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hispony @ December 17, 2004, 8:09 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-holderca1@December 17, 2004, 6:34 AM
What a great avatar.
If you click on Show All under our smilies, it's all the way at the bottom.
Meaning ElanorsMine's avatar [/b][/quote]
I came by that frigging avatar honestly via a REAL blonde moment thank you very much
Old 12/17/04, 06:15 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by holderca1@December 17, 2004, 8:08 AM

To keep on Topic-

www.katzkin.com
[/quote]
Dang..........
Old 12/17/04, 06:17 AM

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@December 17, 2004, 7:18 AM
Originally Posted by holderca1,December 17, 2004, 8:08 AM

To keep on Topic-
www.katzkin.com

Dang..........
[/quote]
They haven't made an interior for the '05 yet, but I am sure it's soon to come.
Old 12/17/04, 06:20 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by holderca1@December 17, 2004, 8:20 AM
Originally Posted by EleanorsMine,December 17, 2004, 7:18 AM
Originally Posted by holderca1,December 17, 2004, 8:08 AM

To keep on Topic-
www.katzkin.com
Dang..........

They haven't made an interior for the '05 yet, but I am sure it's soon to come.
[/quote]
I need some new Bronco interior........... But I am perfectly happy with Dark Charcoal Leather for Eleanor. I am told I will Fry this summer with a black top and interior, but any other color will make it look like a fried egg- I just saw a 99-04 yellow vert with white top and guts.......I wanted to stick pepper on it and eat it.

I swear I am going to get a personal tag for it- MoneyPt. TPTB Still hasn't accepted us for Overhaulin.
Old 12/17/04, 07:41 AM
GT Member

I don't know why everyone keeps saying it looks "plastic". What the heck else is it supposed to look like? The interior on the mustang doesn't look anywhere near as cheap and ugly as some of the other cars I looked at in that price range. I just don't know what people expect out of a $25k car. Personally, I think it looks great, especially with the IUP.

[/QUOTE]If your used to toyota and honda offerings you will be a bit dissapointed in the textured plastic.[QUOTE]

I was seriously dissapointed in the interiors on Toyotas. They were very bland in my opinion. Now the Hondas are nice, but I wouldn't say you would be dissapointed in the mustang compared to them.
Old 12/17/04, 07:43 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I only think the super stripped down blue light special version looks plasticky.

Every other one of the many I have drooled on are Super
Old 12/17/04, 07:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

The interior is much improved over the last Mustang, but it still has a lot of hard plastic. The IUP really adds to the interior, and I highly recommend it. IMO, it is a great looking interior and very ergonomically efficient.

Considering the affordable price of the vehicle, combined with its looks and performance, I wouldn't expect a luxury interior. The interior in the '05 Mustang serves its purpose very well.
Old 12/17/04, 08:11 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by nynvolt@December 17, 2004, 2:21 AM
The interior is pretty nice for an American car (not bashing just being honest). If your used to toyota and honda offerings you will be a bit dissapointed in the textured plastic.
I'm with Amanda on this one.... I don't know what everyone's compairing them too.... When Bill says it looks good for an American car..... compaired to Toyota and Honda??? I think they have THE cheapest looking interiors out there. Talk about plastic.
Old 12/17/04, 02:23 PM

Thanks guys for the honest replies. yes the hard brittle plastic is a turnoff. I'm really not too concerned about it, one of you made a good point, 300hp under 25K, i can't really ask for more. i wasn't expecting luxury interior, just something other than that hard plastic. Oh well, it sounds like the IUP is a big improvement, so i'll make sure to drop a little extra for that.
Old 12/17/04, 02:48 PM
Bullitt Member

With all car interiors made from plastic these day, what car doesn't look like plastic. I mean really unless you cover it in leather or something else, its gonna be plastic. End of disccusion. No plastic looks great, but nobody makes steel dashes anymore, so deal.
*ends rant

I just feel like this continues to be a nit-pick isssue. I mean what else is it going to be made of?

-Jason

Quick Reply: What's the interior like?