05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Upgrade your console armrest to leather or Alcantara

Search this Thread

Old 12/6/12, 09:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RMB427R
Order placed!!
thank you sir. timing was good and we actually got it made and boxed tonight so it will be in the mail tomorrow, and you`ll see it in about 3 days. if you havent yet, breeze through the install section.
http://amustangrocksleather.com/How_to_Install.html
Old 12/7/12, 04:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by RMB427R
Order placed!!
Order shipped!!
Old 1/16/13, 04:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

been sending out quite a bit of black alcantara lately so i`m guessing the boss wheels are getting installed. sent a brake cover to a guy in the mustang owners club of Great Britain, so we have shipped parts to about 6 countries so far. thanks to every one for spreading the word.

this person wanted a shorter shift boot and wanted us to install it on the trim ring. we can do that

rumor has it weve been working on a padded leather armrest cover for the 2010+ cars. after not thinking we could do much, we have made a awesome looking cover and are shipping it out this week for evaluation. thanks to pete for shipping us his armrest lid from his 2012.
Attached Thumbnails Upgrade your console armrest to leather or Alcantara-dscf2726.jpg   Upgrade your console armrest to leather or Alcantara-dscf2727.jpg  

Last edited by amustangrocks; 1/20/13 at 06:26 PM.
Old 1/25/13, 10:52 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ordered a black leather boot, black leather shift boot, and black leather full ebrake cover this morning! Can't wait to see the difference!
Old 1/25/13, 05:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

thanks jerry i think you`ll be happy. heres a couple customer pics of some alcantara
Attached Thumbnails Upgrade your console armrest to leather or Alcantara-img_0024_zps2ec6771d-640x480-.jpg   Upgrade your console armrest to leather or Alcantara-img_0025_zps931b2d80-640x480-.jpg  

Last edited by amustangrocks; 1/25/13 at 05:15 PM.
Old 1/25/13, 08:21 PM
GT Member

Super excited and can't wait!
Old 1/30/13, 09:05 PM
GT Member

Wow! I sure am glad the online store site wasn't designed by the same person who did your main site.
Pink and yellow letters on a Black background? I thought I was going to have a seizure.

Seriously though, your upholstery work is amazing!
Do you have any pictures of the different leather colors you work in?
I have a custom black/blue interior in my GT/CS and would generally like things to match.
Here's a pic of my interior, (yes the stitching is blue):Name:  N8vLCKy.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  555.8 KB
Old 1/31/13, 06:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Nunja Business
Wow! I sure am glad the online store site wasn't designed by the same person who did your main site.
Pink and yellow letters on a Black background? I thought I was going to have a seizure.
hi, so you dont like my choice of colors on the website? lol....i wanted something different that would stand out. i did design the online store also, and i will admit i`m not a web designer, so this is my first attempt. i`m glad your ok!!

Seriously though, your upholstery work is amazing!
thank you very much. we put some serious quality into the parts and marcy is top notch on the machine

Do you have any pictures of the different leather colors you work in?
we have blue thread, and can maybe get a different shade of blue.

we have not had any color choices in the leather until today!! we now have access to authentic OEM 05-09 interior pebble grain leather. i have charcoal and med parchment (also referred to by fords as camel) on the way here. it will be a perfect option that ive been trying to get for the last year. it will cost a little more than the aftermarket leathers we have been using, but will be priced the same as the glove leather option we have so not too much more for the oem material. interior color and texture will be a exact match to the seat leather. next up will be the med dove gray, the crimson red and the light stone.

with that said, the aftermarket pebble we have is super nice, has a very close to oem pebble grain on the interior but is smooth and soft to the touch. we also sell a equal amount of the smooth leather we have. its stiffer when its new, takes longer to relax but breaks in and softens up with conditioner and age and does look real good.

we are also excited and almost ready to add the padded leather armrest covers for the 2010-2012 mustangs to the lineup.
Attached Thumbnails Upgrade your console armrest to leather or Alcantara-dscf2814.jpg   Upgrade your console armrest to leather or Alcantara-dscf2657.jpg   Upgrade your console armrest to leather or Alcantara-dscf2643.jpg   Upgrade your console armrest to leather or Alcantara-dscf2655.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 2/3/13, 09:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Is there a page somewhere that shows all the leather options and alcantara options together? I am looking at getting the GT500 Alcantara/Leather steering wheel and if i do, i can going to get the shoft boo, 3/4 e-brake cover and padded centre console in alcantara/leather, but I need to see better all the colours, so that I know which colour/style to go with.
Old 2/3/13, 10:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

i dont really have a page like that, but if you pm me your shipping info i can send out some samples
Old 2/4/13, 04:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Do you know where that one page is though showing the comparisons betweeen the different leather option #'s?

Here is a small suggestion for your web site. Look at creating a photobucket account and store the pictures of your completed work. On your main page where you have the links for the different forums, put a link to the photobucket account. this will help people see your work. In photobucket, you can create albums for the different pieces.

Photobucket accounts are free to create for a 2gb account. If you need more, you can pay a small yearly fee to get more space like $30 for 20gb.

This would greatly help people see all your work.

Sean

Originally Posted by amustangrocks
i dont really have a page like that, but if you pm me your shipping info i can send out some samples

Last edited by SeanD; 2/4/13 at 04:45 AM.
Old 2/4/13, 03:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

thanks sean. ive been kicking around a couple ideas like maybe adding another page to the website for customer pics ( and ive been saving pics that get posted into a file). the outside source is a good idea too. colors and pics are very hard to show on the computer. they give a idea but thats about it.
Old 2/5/13, 08:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hi Mike,

Did you get my PM with my shipping details? I rally need to get moving on ordering everything, but want to make sure I get the right material. I have just over a month to get a lot of things finalized on the car for the Detroit Autorama.

Thanks,

Sean

Old 2/5/13, 10:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by SeanD
Hi Mike,

Did you get my PM with my shipping details? I rally need to get moving on ordering everything, but want to make sure I get the right material. I have just over a month to get a lot of things finalized on the car for the Detroit Autorama.

Thanks,

Sean
i did and the samples went in the mail today(tues). i do have some bad news though, the us postal service just made a huge increase for international shipping. shipping outside the us will now be extra and will run between $6.00-$12.00 above what we were already paying. depending on weight. i`m really disappointed for the size of the increase, and we just cant absorb that at our prices. i think they are trying to put me out of business. i`ll be looking for any alternative solutions right away.

another increase but on a good increase note, i just got the charcoal and med parchment factory oem pebble seat leather in today. it will be priced at our glove leather prices, so just a slight increase over the aftermarket leathers. i`ll have it on the options of the parts on the store page in the next couple days. let me know if you want a sample of it.

Last edited by amustangrocks; 2/5/13 at 10:40 PM.
Old 2/6/13, 04:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thats okay for me. I live right next to Detroit, and there is a special mailbox company over there just for Canadians (Detroitmailbox). I'll just have it shipped to them and save a few bucks. Can't wait for the sample, so that I can get this going.

i did and the samples went in the mail today(tues). i do have some bad news though, the us postal service just made a huge increase for international shipping. shipping outside the us will now be extra and will run between $6.00-$12.00 above what we were already paying. depending on weight. i`m really disappointed for the size of the increase, and we just cant absorb that at our prices. i think they are trying to put me out of business. i`ll be looking for any alternative solutions right away.

another increase but on a good increase note, i just got the charcoal and med parchment factory oem pebble seat leather in today. it will be priced at our glove leather prices, so just a slight increase over the aftermarket leathers. i`ll have it on the options of the parts on the store page in the next couple days. let me know if you want a sample of it.
Old 2/6/13, 04:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thats okay for me. I live right next to Detroit, and there is a special mailbox company over there just for Canadians (Detroitmailbox). I'll just have it shipped to them and save a few bucks. Can't wait for the sample, so that I can get this going.
oh cool, i was gonna ask you if you had a connection stateside. i`m from detroit, if i was back home i would just meet up with you down by the river i`m not happy with what they just did with the int. shipping. the price increase for my armrest box here in the u.s. was about .20 i can deal with that. int. over 100% increase, thats just nuts.

there are pics of the samples on page 2 of the website if you scroll down.
http://www.amustangrocksleather.com/Page_2.html

heres some pics too..the 3 aftermarket leathers, the charcoal and black alcantara and the new oem material in black and parchment
Attached Thumbnails Upgrade your console armrest to leather or Alcantara-dscf2768.jpg   Upgrade your console armrest to leather or Alcantara-dscf2592.jpg   Upgrade your console armrest to leather or Alcantara-oem-charcoal-parchment.jpg  

Last edited by amustangrocks; 2/6/13 at 04:33 PM.
Old 2/7/13, 06:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

When you sent the samples, did you by chance include a piece of the OEM material?

I have the GT500 Recaro seats in my car and I am going to get the 2010+ GT500 Steering wheel and I just want to make sure on what leather/alcantara matches it.

I have the Option 1 leather from you and the colour matches, but the grain doesn't. Is option 2 the same colour as 1, but with just a different grain. It is hard to tel from the pictures above. Is option 2 technically the same as the OEM material?

Thanks,

Sean
Old 2/7/13, 05:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

When you sent the samples, did you by chance include a piece of the OEM material?

I have the GT500 Recaro seats in my car and I am going to get the 2010+ GT500 Steering wheel and I just want to make sure on what leather/alcantara matches it.

I have the Option 1 leather from you and the colour matches, but the grain doesn't. Is option 2 the same colour as 1, but with just a different grain. It is hard to tel from the pictures above. Is option 2 technically the same as the OEM material?

Thanks,

Sean
i didnt have the OEM material yet when i sent the samples, we just got it. the #2 is a aftermarket that is close to the OEM except the grain is a little smaller. the OEM grain is larger and pressed flatter. i`ll send you out a sample of it. the OEM is the seat leather though, not steering wheel leather.

Last edited by amustangrocks; 2/7/13 at 05:34 PM.
Old 2/7/13, 09:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

What is the popular combo for leather/alacantra that the Boss wheel people are getting?

Last edited by SeanD; 2/8/13 at 06:35 AM.
Old 2/9/13, 09:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

What is the popular combo for leather/alacantra that the Boss wheel people are getting?
a few people said the charcoal alcantara was for them, but more people have gone with the black alcantara. the smooth grain is a little lighter in color and seems to go best with the charcoal alcan. the smooth leather also darkens if its treated.

with the black alcan i would say more people have gone with the aftermarket pebbble, we have sold alot of that leather. it was the best choice we had to match the interior texture, untill now with the OEM Charcoal leather.

the glove leather we have is a little darker than the smooth and pebbles and really goes good with the black alcan and we have sold a few sets of that combo. so we have put a few choices out there, they all look good. i mailed you a sample of the OEM leather.

Quick Reply: Upgrade your console armrest to leather or Alcantara