05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Upgrade Shaker

Search this Thread

Old 11/22/06, 10:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Upgrade Shaker

Alright if you don't like the shaker please leave no need for comments regarding your personal opinion of the shaker.
Today i was at a local salvage yard to pick up a trunk carpet and such. We'll they only had one mustang that was like it so they didn't hae the key. Guy messed the car up bad.. driver door had been cut off, rpm stuck on 7 and odometer was at 80ish & either wrapped the passenger around a telephone pole or tree. Only think salvagable wasn't the Shaker 1000 Amps & Subs. I know their has been alot of different threads all over the interent that it will work & it won't work.
I asked my local dealership and they called someone in Audio and they said that the Shaker 1000 head unit was completely different, that 1 the harness fitting wasn't the same and the shaker option. We'll I can live without the shaker controls or findsomeone to program that unit b/c they are the same, if they are not why do they make the same dang display. My first stang I could see the mp3 option but didn't have the changer.

I have an awsome electrian, worked on aircraft in the airforce, he has got the diagrams to my car and reviewed them and said it was possible, that you could splice into the wire and make it work great.

I got the subs & amps for $200, not a bad deal in the event i can't use it stock and can always take it apart & create a different setup using different componets.

The diagrams say that everything is the exact same until you get in the trunk & then you have a splice which has a different connector but the same concept.

I want a nice bass, i have heard the shaker 1000 before and we'll it may not be the best, but it will do what i want, i can spend my money on other things then investing 1000's into a nice audio system.

So in your own opinion do you think we will be able to get this stero to work?