05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Swap interior for all black?

Search this Thread

Old 12/16/08, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Swap interior for all black?

Does anyone know how much this would cost roughly? Part #'s etc? Carpet, panels, seats.

Or if not OEM some aftermarket alternatives?
Old 12/16/08, 05:12 PM
Bullitt Member

I would find a wrecked V6/GT at a salvage yard and get it there. Buying all those parts new is gunna be $$$$$$

Off the top of my head ... You'll need Door Panels, carpet, seats, dash (lots of pieces), glove box, console (also several pieces), armrest, rear panels, rear deck carpet, headliner, seat belts, door sills, etc.
Old 12/16/08, 05:13 PM
Cobra Member

If your not in a huge hurry, your best bet is start watching this and other forums' for sale areas as I am always seeing various interior parts hit the market.
Old 12/16/08, 05:21 PM

What about dying? Then the largest hurdle would be the seats. I was watching Stacey Davids show on speed gears I think. If you have seen that miata he is working on his interior turned out pretty nice. Although his was black to begin with...

So look out for black carpet and seats looks to be my first priority.
Old 12/16/08, 07:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
I am in the process of swapping out my dove grey interior for black also.

So far, I have collected the IUP door panels, and had to get the speaker covers and some other small plates on the door panel and window switch plates separately. I also picked up leather seat covers, rear passenger panels and the lower centre console. It is tough, since I need panels for a convertible.

So far it has cost me $425, but there are many more parts I need. The big deal will come when I do the dash. The passenger side is not a panel, but is part of the entire dash. To replace it I will need to get a whole dash in black. This may be the only part I will try painting instead.

When all is said and done, I'm sure it will have cost me $800 (not including whole dash piece). I am getting the parts here and there off ebay and such. I haven't put any of it in yet, but will do so in about 3 years so I can pick stuff up a little at a time. That way it won't hit the wallet hard. I'll do it in 3 year, b/c I have 2 toddlers that sit in the back and they have scratched the crap out of the panels there - so I will need to replace anyway.

As for priority - if something comes up, take it. For seat covers, get them off ebay (~$250). Mine are perfect condition, and were brand new take offs. As the new mustang starts to roll off the assembly, new take off parts will be MUCH harder to come by.

Cheers

Last edited by jim010; 12/16/08 at 07:51 PM.
Old 12/16/08, 09:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I completed a partial swap, from grey to black in my vert. Black carpet purchased from a wreck, does not matter if coupe or vert, V6 or GT. Black leather from ebay, about 200.00 shipped (vert w/side air bags, tough to come by!) headrests for 20.00 pair (any 05-09 Stang). I did not bother to swap the plastic panels, kept them for the contrast, but did swap trim pieces such as door lock grommetts, speaker covers, door panel inserts and a few more inexpensive items purchased from Ford. Good luck with your swap. Will post pics in a bit.
Old 12/16/08, 09:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Black and Grey Combo

Started out as a grey interior, plan to add black leather insert to rear interior panels in the spring, unless I come across a used pair of grey ones. Added seat heater kit at time of swap over, probably the best "add-on" , next to CAI and Tune. I've driven with top down as recently as tonight (34degrees), nice and warm! Made a run to into the White Mountains of New Hampshire last week, 50 degrees leaving Boston, dropped to 26 in NH on ride home, needed gloves, but top was still down!
Attached Thumbnails Swap interior for all black?-dsc01840.jpg  
Old 12/19/08, 03:38 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For carpet I suggest getting aftermarket. ACC's is thicker than OEM and will last longer.