05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Steering wheel audio mods 2010 Wheel on 2005-2009

Search this Thread

Old 5/8/14, 10:45 PM
Tms Mustang Member ------ The Customizer!

Received 126 Likes on 90 Posts
Good news my J1 already has a yellow wire in slot 2.
So no need to add one. Which would have been easy.
Just waiting for Saturday to roll around so I can go pick up my nav unit.
I sure hope that it works as Brad said that it does. Hehe.
Thanks for the upload AK. That will help those who need it.
Old 5/8/14, 11:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
See, that is why I forgot to mention it in my pdf. Mine was in the wiring harness from the factory, so it was easy to forget. Not all the Mustangs have it in the harness. It seems that any before 07 was hit and miss, but after should have the wires there. Mine is an 07 and had it.

Glad to hear you are almost there.

DATA I see that you tried this with your 06 years ago. I was looking at a thread and there you were, trying to set up your other Mustang. Now that we've figured all the little intricacies, maybe others will have theirs up and running shortly. There have been many many downloads on how to do it, so maybe there will be others shortly telling us of their great successes, or their horror stories. lol
Old 5/9/14, 01:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
VGM, that's great that your harness is all set for your installation. Make sure that you keep us posted on your install.
AK, yes I started playing around with the oem navigation on my 2006 several years back.
We tried most of the basic changes to make the navigation radio work to thefactory settings. Never gave up, then I traded for the 2009 GT/CS the wife complained about the passenger seat basically sitting on the floor. So, I purchased the upgrade to electric seats on both sides.
I photographed my settings for my ACM today, I will have to reset the size so that the Jpgs. will be accepted.
Today I also tried again to activate my IDS/VCM, no luck. I will have to wait for the new program to arrive.

Al
Old 5/9/14, 07:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

VGM, attached are the photos of my ACM settings.

Al

Attachment 158365

Attachment 158366

Attachment 158367

Attachment 158368

Last edited by data174; 7/22/15 at 02:23 PM.
Old 5/9/14, 08:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

DATA...what does your home screen look like. What does it show being available now? I see that you now have swc2 now enabled, where it wasn't before. I also see that you have a 5 position switching now instead of 6.
Old 5/9/14, 09:43 PM

Thank you AL. Ill compare to what the new settings are once I get it.

Originally Posted by akdoggie
DATA...what does your home screen look like. What does it show being available now? I see that you now have swc2 now enabled, where it wasn't before. I also see that you have a 5 position switching now instead of 6.
Ive been wondering this myself. Does anyone know what the difference is between 5 and 6 positions?

Last edited by VGMStudios; 5/9/14 at 09:44 PM.
Old 5/10/14, 06:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Ak, the only change on the home screen was the addition of USER for the usb port and telephone settings. The swc2 was changed by Brad at 4D-Tech, I don't have any idea what that turns on.

VGM, I assume that it creates more button comands?

Al
Old 5/10/14, 01:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

That's weird. "User"? I don't think I've ever read that on any radio before. Mine has "line in" and I've seen camera and DVD also. I guess you see new stuff every day. lol

Wasn't your radio channel before set @ 540? Just thought I read that before. 760 must be from where 4D is located, to get a signal. lol
Old 5/10/14, 02:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Attachment 158407

Attachment 158408

AK, I did not notice the change in the AM station from 540 to 760. I rarely use the AM stations.
When I touch the user device button, it takes me to a second window for bluetooth and line in. I sure would like to find the program they use to change the settings on the ACM.

Al

Last edited by data174; 7/22/15 at 02:23 PM.
Old 5/10/14, 04:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

My Gawd Data. You are showing your age with that song. lol

I never saw that "user device" screen before. Interesting. Randyre have you gotten your software update yet? I wonder if that build code is available from 4D? Thinking ahead. lol

Last edited by akdoggie; 5/10/14 at 04:36 PM.
Old 5/11/14, 08:13 PM

SO. I got my Nav unit back and everything seems to be working just right. All I am missing is the GPS (thats coming to me now). Even SYNC works and when I push the button lady asks me what to do. The only thing that I cant get to work is the read TXT messages, but thats cause my phone isnt supported. Oh well. That and the speed sensor. Doesnt seem to work, but thats probably cause I dont have a GPS yet.

Ill have to agree with AK, Ive never seen 760 AM Test. Mine is 540. Heck Ive even seen 1160. But I dont know what its for. I font listen to the radio.

Here are some screen shots of my new Nav programing. The top image is the old the bottom new. There is no first image cause nothing has been changed.

Like to thank Akdoggie for getting me into this mod and for all the help. Also Al for his help as well as 4D for programing it.
VGM is happy!
Old 5/11/14, 08:48 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by VGMStudios
SO. I got my Nav unit back and everything seems to be working just right. All I am missing is the GPS (thats coming to me now). Even SYNC works and when I push the button lady asks me what to do. The only thing that I cant get to work is the read TXT messages, but thats cause my phone isnt supported. Oh well. That and the speed sensor. Doesnt seem to work, but thats probably cause I dont have a GPS yet.

Ill have to agree with AK, Ive never seen 760 AM Test. Mine is 540. Heck Ive even seen 1160. But I dont know what its for. I font listen to the radio.

Here are some screen shots of my new Nav programing. The top image is the old the bottom new. There is no first image cause nothing has been changed.

Like to thank Akdoggie for getting me into this mod and for all the help. Also Al for his help as well as 4D for programing it.
VGM is happy!
VGM, if you are happy, that makes me ecstatic. I was hoping of all the guys, beside Data, that it would work out for you. You put so much into this, as we have and it paid off. Thumbs up dude.

Thanks for the props on the assist. Glad to be of help.
Old 5/12/14, 05:03 AM
Legacy TMS Member

GOOD JOB GUYS! We should all be proud of what we accomplished.

Regards, Al
Old 5/12/14, 10:38 AM

I agree. We should all be proud that we have working OEM Nav units that weren't originally designed for our cars.

I hope those who venture into this and sees this thread will help them along the way.
Enjoy your Nav units guys!
Old 5/12/14, 07:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by VGMStudios
I agree. We should all be proud that we have working OEM Nav units that weren't originally designed for our cars.

I hope those who venture into this and sees this thread will help them along the way.
Enjoy your Nav units guys!

Keep in touch as my next mod is to add the factory remote start system. I have the kit, and when my back allows it, or my friends come over, they might be in for a surprise. lol I've got the puddles at home for the mirrors and figured on lowering the voltage to 5volts as we do on the amp. I seems to make the running horse look better than the bright white when you put a full 12 volts to it. I'm sure that is why some guys who added them, had them burn out in just a few months. Too much voltage. I'll post some pictures when I get back and finish them.

I am using everything factory, so that way if anything goes wrong, Ford would know where to look to find the answer and not all over the place.

Last edited by akdoggie; 5/12/14 at 07:33 PM.
Old 5/13/14, 07:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

AK,VGM,

Good luck on all future projects. I'm working on my ids/vcm problem, no progress yet.

Keep in contact, Al
Old 5/14/14, 09:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by data174
AK,VGM,

Good luck on all future projects. I'm working on my ids/vcm problem, no progress yet.

Keep in contact, Al
Data have you gotten your new software yet for your IDS? Just wondering if it is compatible with our cars. I was reading where the IDS is the same in the US as with the IDS in England. Thought that was a bit weird.
Old 5/15/14, 05:48 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Hi AK,
I have not received the new software yet. I sent them a email to find out what happened to my software.
AK,I don't think that it's a software problem, I think the VCM has a problem connecting to my computer. The original VCM will only work with Windows XP pro. The new VCM 2 will work with windows 7. I have read that the clones overheat and have a bad soldering problem. I can't find any one that will repair a clone VCM. The company in the UK will only repair oem Rotunda VCM's. I ordered a used Rotunda VCM from ebay.

Al
Old 5/17/14, 08:20 AM
Legacy TMS Member

AK & VGM
If you decide to buy a vcm unit becareful, I just reset all the settings on my ACM! I'm back to square one. None of the buttons work. I will contact Brad at 4D-Tech and ship the ACM for him to reprogram.

Al
Old 5/17/14, 12:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by data174
AK & VGM
If you decide to buy a vcm unit becareful, I just reset all the settings on my ACM! I'm back to square one. None of the buttons work. I will contact Brad at 4D-Tech and ship the ACM for him to reprogram.

Al
**** Data.Sorry to hear that happened. Probably should of "test drove" a Ford and tried using it on the used car before your own. lol Do you have any of those type lots down where you live?

Quick Reply: Steering wheel audio mods 2010 Wheel on 2005-2009