05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Shifter Bezels?

Search this Thread

Old 12/8/06, 09:45 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by codeman94
I held off on ordering the Mustang Depot bezel....I'll see what Marcello comes up with....
+1 *waiting patiently*
Old 12/8/06, 10:28 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This doesn't do it justice, but I'll put out a little teaser here for everyone . This is the one we are still modifying. The side is designed with the horizontal lines in it on purpose - kind of "old school" look, and look nicer than this picture shows them to be.

Remember that this is "raw" from the machine, and is not polished, brushed, anodized, etc... just raw aluminum for overall "feel" and fit of the part.

I am thinking we'll have these available in about a month, maybe sooner, depends on the other stuff we have going on at the moment and me surviving PRI without having a mental episode

Comments as always are welcome.
Attached Thumbnails Shifter Bezels?-teaser1.jpg  
Old 12/9/06, 10:15 AM
Cobra R Member

Looks nice, hey marcello could you let me know what the bolt size and thread pattern is for the two little holes on the bottom of your cup holder bezel. I am thinking of drilling the holes below the bezel and attaching them with bolts. Thanks for the info. I left you a message as well.
Old 12/9/06, 12:39 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
any idea on pricing?
Old 12/10/06, 09:31 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Waiting patiently......

Old 12/10/06, 07:17 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by sodaman
Looks nice, hey marcello could you let me know what the bolt size and thread pattern is for the two little holes on the bottom of your cup holder bezel. I am thinking of drilling the holes below the bezel and attaching them with bolts. Thanks for the info. I left you a message as well.
I didn't see the message other than in the other thread - maybe I have to adjust the email blocker again...

Anyway, I did measure it - 8-32 should take care of you, although it will be tight threading into the chrome plated pieces due to the tolerance the chrome takes up.

Originally Posted by codeman94
any idea on pricing?
Umm - lower than any of the "other guys" in billet at a higher quality, finish, and US made. Other than that, I can't say yet because I don't have a firm grip on our production costs in volume, and won't until after we calm down from the PRI show this week, but soon.

Originally Posted by Burke0011
Waiting patiently......

Soon man - you'll be able to see it on our car, I'll have the pre-production piece on it in the booth at PRI this week.

They are promising me I'll have *pre-production* louvers too, but they are planning to run them on Wednesday! The show only starts Thursday!! Talk about cutting it close....
Old 12/10/06, 07:17 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Marcello may be out for a bit with the PRI show, but when he's back I'm sure he will give us all the info we need.
WON'T YOU MARCELLO? LOL
Old 12/10/06, 07:21 PM
Legacy Tms Member

I'll try! It's crazy here right now, with Christmas orders, dealers, shows, etc... but yeah, I'll try and at least check in this week as time permits. Our only thing I'm disappointed in is that our newest piece won't be ready for the show - I just couldn't get it pushed through development quick enough, and ran out of time... Oh well - SEMA 07 baby! (Maybe)
Old 12/16/06, 08:46 PM
Team Mustang Source

Have Local GT. Willing to be test mule for your parts ............. please........

can't blame a guy for trying.........
Old 12/17/06, 04:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by mustangshadow
*cant wait to see the shifter bezel*
+1!!!!! Was going to order the Ford one, now I will wait a bit longer and see what Marcello has in store for us!
Old 12/17/06, 06:42 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by FLAstangx3
Have Local GT. Willing to be test mule for your parts ............. please........
can't blame a guy for trying.........
Nope, can't blame you there!

Where's the "nature coast" though? We're on the Space / treasure coast, and I've heard of others, but never the "nature" coast.

Anyone at the PRI show sneak a shot of the bezel in "raw" aluminum? We had it on the car along with the louvers that came in on Thursday afternoon - hand delivered no less... sometimes there are advantages to manufacturing locally!
Old 12/17/06, 06:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

From Yankeetown down to Pinnellas. Levy, Citrus, Hernando and West Pasco Counties. I'm in Weekie Wachee. Nature's Coast sounds much better. We're right on the gulf!! Route 50 straight accross to you, no turns!!
Old 12/18/06, 06:45 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Ah, the SR50 drive... pretty nice except for the Orlando stint of it - I prefer to pick up the turnpike to the beeline when I get into that area then jump east to the coast.

I see the stable has a common car in it - I've got a 73 Mach1 in mine... where did you order our products from? I didn't see any orders going that way over the past few days.
Old 12/18/06, 07:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Yeh, I saw it......... Didn't take a pic though, but I saw it.

Remember I asked about not having any engraving on it.
Old 12/18/06, 07:38 PM
Legacy Tms Member

I remember I figured since you were one of only a few poeple I allowed in the car, you would have taken a shot of it. I think we'll have some back for the auto cars in a couple days - anodize is backed up as usual...
Old 12/18/06, 09:14 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

if it looks good with the IUP shifter on the auto then i will buy it
Old 12/18/06, 10:55 PM
GT Member

I've been looking for one similiar to the $200 Ford one "slanted edges" on all sides. I've looked at all the ones on this thread, and haven't seen one dead on.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Shifter Bezels?-untitled.jpg  
Old 12/19/06, 07:04 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by praztek
I've been looking for one similiar to the $200 Ford one "slanted edges" on all sides. I've looked at all the ones on this thread, and haven't seen one dead on.

Thanks
That one would actually be pretty easy to make, and not that expensive. Just a couple of special angle cutters....

I should have some of our auto pieces in a day or so, let's see what they look like
Old 12/19/06, 02:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by praztek

Thanks
Ugh. Hate that shifter ****. It looks phallic.
Old 12/19/06, 02:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by mrkabc
Ugh. Hate that shifter ****. It looks phallic.
But the bezel looks great

Quick Reply: Shifter Bezels?