05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Shaker MP3 Question

Search this Thread

Old 5/29/05, 07:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shuffle on my F150 Audiophile system would only shuffle play the CD that was playing--not between all 6 CDs.

However, with so many MP3 files, I wondered if the shuffle play on the Shaker allowed shuffling between all MP3 folders on a CD, and also if you had 6 CDs full of MP3s, does it shuffle between all of them? That would be great!
Old 5/29/05, 09:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I believe it shuffles ignoring folders, but i am sure it does not between CDs. This is because it would take time to switch the disks every time.
Old 5/29/05, 10:16 PM
Bullitt Member

You can burn MP3 CD's in one of two ways: either burn all the MP3 files at the root level of the CD, or divide them up into folders. You can go one folder level deep. If you put all at the root level, you can have 255 tracks. If you use folders, you can have up to 99 folders, each with up to 99 tracks.

If you use the folder method, the Shaker has two shuffle modes, "Track" and "Folder". You use the MENU button to select the different shuffle mode. If you put it in "Track" mode, the Shaker will pick random tracks from anywhere on the disk, in any folder, and play them in random order. If you use "Folder" mode, it will play the files in a given folder in random order. I haven't played it long enough to know if, once it plays each track in that folder, it either repeats the same folder, or goes to another folder and plays all the tracks there.

Hope that helps!
Old 5/30/05, 08:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

It sure does! Thanks for taking the time to explain it so me.

It sounds like folders is the way to go, but I'm glad you told me you can only go one folder deep. I would have done two folder levels otherwise: the first level for the artist/band, and the second level for each album.

Thanks for clearing that up!

Originally posted by BigWorm2005GT@May 29, 2005, 11:19 PM
You can burn MP3 CD's in one of two ways: either burn all the MP3 files at the root level of the CD, or divide them up into folders. You can go one folder level deep. If you put all at the root level, you can have 255 tracks. If you use folders, you can have up to 99 folders, each with up to 99 tracks.

If you use the folder method, the Shaker has two shuffle modes, "Track" and "Folder". You use the MENU button to select the different shuffle mode. If you put it in "Track" mode, the Shaker will pick random tracks from anywhere on the disk, in any folder, and play them in random order. If you use "Folder" mode, it will play the files in a given folder in random order. I haven't played it long enough to know if, once it plays each track in that folder, it either repeats the same folder, or goes to another folder and plays all the tracks there.

Hope that helps!
Old 5/30/05, 09:03 AM
Bullitt Member

I originally wanted to do my folder structure that way, too. That's how I have it set up on my PC, first level artist, second level album. It took me a while to go through them and create a temporary structure of artist only, and dump all their songs that I wanted there. Depending on how many artists and how many albums you have, it could take some time. But it is worth it. Make sure you have the embedded ID tags in the MP3 files filled in, or they won't display properly on the Shaker's display. If you need to, you can use a program like Tag & Rename (shareware) to redo the tags. Most of all, have fun!