05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Shaker 1000 low pass frequencies now low enough

Search this Thread

Old 5/2/05, 06:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, so I havent really gotten much of a chance to analyze my sound in the Mustang yet ... but yesterday my friend and I were sitting listening to music and I had th bass up all the way. We both noticed that the low pass frequencies weren't low enough, as more than just the thump was coming through the subs .... which shouldn't be.

We have a lot of experience with aftermarket sounds, etc ... but I don't want to go ripping apart my car until I get an answer here.

Are the amps acessible if you take that cover off, and if so, are all the settings internal in the amps or are the external and can be modified?

The more I listen to this system, along with the problems with the head unit, the more I kick myself for wasting the money.

Yeah its loud .. the speakers are nice .... except I'd take better quality in sound over the loudness.
Old 5/5/05, 12:16 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't know how to fix it without adding in-line crossovers to the system... But I think you're getting extra upper frequencies because the stock setup does not have any crossovers and just sends the same signal to all the speakers. It just depends on the speakers range to determine what sounds it can produce.
Old 5/5/05, 12:26 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by DJ07@May 2, 2005, 6:31 PM
Ok, so I havent really gotten much of a chance to analyze my sound in the Mustang yet ... but yesterday my friend and I were sitting listening to music and I had th bass up all the way. We both noticed that the low pass frequencies weren't low enough, as more than just the thump was coming through the subs .... which shouldn't be.

We have a lot of experience with aftermarket sounds, etc ... but I don't want to go ripping apart my car until I get an answer here.

Are the amps acessible if you take that cover off, and if so, are all the settings internal in the amps or are the external and can be modified?

The more I listen to this system, along with the problems with the head unit, the more I kick myself for wasting the money.

Yeah its loud .. the speakers are nice .... except I'd take better quality in sound over the loudness.
I was in at a store and some boys were telling me that the speakers may have a high end to them and thats it now if I want better I'd need a 4 channel with spaekers that would require an amp to drive them to get the optimal performance. so they wired up a tester for me and it sounded SOO MUCH BETTER btw i ONLY HAVE A SHAKER 500.