05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Shaker 1000

Search this Thread

Old 5/15/05, 07:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No matter where I posted this question, (performance or audio) it would be to the wrong group - but here goes. I have a Predator C&L Custom Tune in my Mustang. This week the vehicle will be going in for the TSB on the front strut popping and to have my Shaker 1000 replaced - both known issues.

Here's my concern. Prior to replacing the Shaker 1000 head unit the data from the existing head unit must be downloaded and installed into the new head unit. How is that done? Can't be through the OBD-II diagnostic connector. I don't really want to flash my vehicle back to stock just to have the radio head unit replaced. Does anyone know?
Old 5/15/05, 08:07 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have never flashed my car back to stock to have the Skipper1000 replaced. I don't know where the d/l the info, but you don't have to reflash.

Hope the replacement works out for you. I am on my 4th one, last two have been "B" series, it is still a piece of $hit. I gave up on getting them replaced and am now installing an aftermarket unit.
Old 5/15/05, 08:46 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
All vehicle bussed communication is performed through the DCL connector with the WDS scan tool.

When the radio data is downloaded it is done on a "menu driven" basis, that is the scan tool is working only within the audio section of the data bus. As long as the tech is only in that section your flash for the tune will not be affected.
Old 5/15/05, 10:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Matt - Thank you very much! I will post your answer on the performance section as I posted the question there as well. Sounds like some others are giving me "the deer in the headlight look" when I asked this question.

So basically as long as they stay in the audio menu I should be good to go - correct?
Old 5/15/05, 02:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by tmcolegr@May 15, 2005, 11:32 AM
Matt - Thank you very much! I will post your answer on the performance section as I posted the question there as well. Sounds like some others are giving me "the deer in the headlight look" when I asked this question.

So basically as long as they stay in the audio menu I should be good to go - correct?

Yessir!!!
Old 5/15/05, 03:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Tiberius1701@May 15, 2005, 2:54 PM
Yessir!!!
I'm on my 2nd shaker 500. I know when they replaced my stereo in order to get the lights to work on the radio, they had to program the computer, the tech at ford said that he has never had to program a computer before to get the radio to work right, until now. They where about to take it out when they called ford and ford told them to reprograme the computer. Even the people at the dealers don't know a lot about the 05. good luck.
Old 5/15/05, 06:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I've had my Shaker for about one month now and there are so far only two things the time it takes to load/read a cd and some that I rip at home will read as a BAD CD and as far as I can figure that the copy right issues must also stay attached ? so if you buy music be it in Canada ( Pure Tracks ) or the USA ( Music Match ) you sould have the right to rip a copy for your personal use :scratch:
Old 5/17/05, 11:56 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by GottaHaveIt@May 15, 2005, 6:50 PM
I've had my Shaker for about one month now and there are so far only two things the time it takes to load/read a cd and some that I rip at home will read as a BAD CD and as far as I can figure that the copy right issues must also stay attached ? so if you buy music be it in Canada ( Pure Tracks ) or the USA ( Music Match ) you sould have the right to rip a copy for your personal use :scratch:
Have you tried the ripped copies on a different system? If they play there, it's your Skipper that is the problem, not your copies. I am on my 4th one, it is about to become a fixture in my attic. I am tired of it. This last one will play any disc fine while it is cool. Park the car in 80 degree sunlight for a couple of hours and it will spit out disc as soon as you power it up.