05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Satillite radio

Search this Thread

Old 9/25/04, 08:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why is there no option for this. I new car, new design and no satillite. That should be available on any car today much less a new design that will be around for years. Don't understand! :bang:
Old 9/25/04, 08:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
aftermarket tuners are far better then the standard ones offered the majority of the time. From my understanding of earlier posts, the premium radio that Ford uses is Sirius capable.
Old 9/25/04, 08:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

The problem I have is aftermarket is, you know aftermarket. Can we find out if it sirus capible? that would be great news!
Old 9/25/04, 11:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by upstate@September 25, 2004, 11:02 PM
The problem I have is aftermarket is, you know aftermarket. Can we find out if it sirus capible? that would be great news!
I believe that Ford put SIRUS in their vehicles. That was the reason for me not to get the Shaker systems. I have an XM system I am pulling from my current vehicel and that will go into the Stang until I upgrade.
Old 9/26/04, 09:38 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by KenP+September 26, 2004, 12:49 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (KenP @ September 26, 2004, 12:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-upstate@September 25, 2004, 11:02 PM
I believe that Ford put SIRUS in their vehicles. That was the reason for me not to get the Shaker systems. I have an XM system I am pulling from my current vehicel and that will go into the Stang until I upgrade. [/b][/quote]
AMEN!
I have a sky fi and Roady 1- what are you using?

The Roady 2 has a built in FM modulator, can be used in any car.
Old 9/26/04, 03:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine+September 26, 2004, 11:41 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (EleanorsMine @ September 26, 2004, 11:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by KenP@September 26, 2004, 12:49 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-upstate
@September 25, 2004, 11:02 PM

I believe that Ford put SIRUS in their vehicles. That was the reason for me not to get the Shaker systems. I have an XM system I am pulling from my current vehicel and that will go into the Stang until I upgrade.
AMEN!
I have a sky fi and Roady 1- what are you using?

The Roady 2 has a built in FM modulator, can be used in any car. [/b][/quote]
I have a Pioneer head unit and the Pioneer XM receiver. Its connected over the CD changer data cable and controlled by the head unit. I'm probably going to get a new head unit that can read MP3's and a better display (my current unit is the oldest componenet in my system). XM has definately changed my listening habits. No AM/FM for me since I started with XM.
Old 9/27/04, 05:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
XM radio is way better then Sirius, and what's wrong with as you say it... umm aftermarket... there are plenty of radios out there for cheaper then the Delphi built 500 or 1000 shaker systems in the mustang... higher sound quality, much louder. You can have your stock setup I suppose it works well for some of us. Myself I'm going to dump money into my stereo and it will be better then the Shaker systems.
Old 9/28/04, 10:25 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by NewPony05@September 27, 2004, 5:58 PM
XM radio is way better then Sirius.....
Just curious how you determine this, I have sirius and would never think about switching. Every music genre commercial free, tons of talk/news/comedy channels, sirius has been great for me. I was a doubter when I got it, but I am a convert now
Old 9/28/04, 01:07 PM
V6 Member

Not to mention Sirius broadcasts *every* NFL game this season, and can be listened to from your PC via the internet. Both of which are not offered on XM.
Old 9/28/04, 03:19 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Its a GM/Ford thing.....

Some of us prefer the better Xm while others prefer get sirius. I am one of the original subscibers- have had it since shortly after launch. I adore it. Some people prefer sirius......

I have no need for sports(even though XM has nascar) I want music- therefore my good friends Fred ,Ethel and Lucy and their cousins 70s on 7, top tracks and the boneyard keep me amused while driving a car I despise. //
Old 9/30/04, 06:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

My 02 Tbird has XM and my 05 300C has Sirus. I like them both. I just hate adding after market anything. Sorry. The factory has always worked with no ratles or shakes and it always looks like it belongs. The colors of the display match and it fits. Just my opinion.
Old 10/1/04, 01:40 AM
Cobra Member

Well, if you get the IUP, you can pretty much get any aftermarket stereo, then just match one of the 125 gauge colors to it.

I agree, though... double-din aftermarket head units are few and far between. But, I saw one in a Sport Trac the other day that looked VERY nice. :yes:
Old 10/7/04, 06:47 AM
Bullitt Member

I have been leaning towards Sirius for a while due to its Ford backing and mainly because of the NFL.

But as of today, I am 100% going to get Sirius since Stern is jumping ship to it. I listen to three things on the radio. The Browns, Stern, and good music. The music will be even better, and I get both the Browns and Stern.

I am really interested to find out about the mustangs compatibility though. I don't want an aftermarket radio for the same reasons someone else mentioned, it looks different and I have never had a problem with factory. I guess I just like the simplicity of factory...

If anyone hears anything make sure to post.
Old 10/9/04, 01:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Well the Mustang is compatible, you just have to store the Sirius head-unit separately from the in-dash unit -- some Ford commerical showed the interior of a Ford Focus with the Sirius receiver/dash/controller on top of the dashboard, so mounted there. Then they showed the owner taking it home and installing it into the home stereo docking cradle so they could listen inside the house too. The 2005 Mustang will be the same, so no integrated Sirius, but capable like they said.
Old 10/11/04, 12:40 PM
FR500 Member

That sounds like the route I am going. All the NFL games, satellite radio, and Howard Stern? And the capibility to take it out and listen at work or home? Sounds great to me.
Old 10/20/04, 01:51 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

NEW YORK -- XM Satellite Radio will carry major league baseball games under a $650 million, 11-year deal announced today, the latest move in a costly race with rival Sirius Satellite Radio to sign personalities and sports leagues as a way of winning customers.

XM now has 2.5 million subscribers who pay $9.95 a month for 130 channels of music and talk radio via satellite receivers. The company said today it would need to sign about 700,000 new subscribers over the course of the deal to generate enough cash to cover its cost.

Starting with 2005 preseason play, XM will broadcast every major league game live. Some games will be broadcast in Spanish.

XM also said its new Major League Baseball Channel will broadcast 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The channel will feature new content and rebroadcasts of classic games.

``This is the crown jewel -- the deal that we've been waiting for,'' said Hugh Panero, CEO of Washington-based XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc.

The baseball announcement follows a five-year, $500 million deal Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. signed this month with shock jock Howard Stern. Sirius said it would need to attract 1 million subscribers to cover the cost of that contract. His debut on Sirius will come in January 2006, after Stern finishes his contract with Infinity Broadcasting Corp., the radio subsidiary of MTV owner Viacom Inc.

Sirius, based in New York, announced Tuesday that its subscriber base now tops 700,000 and is on track to reach 1 million by the end of the year. It charges $12.95 a month to receive its 120 channels.
Old 10/21/04, 01:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 114 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally posted by NewPony05@September 27, 2004, 7:58 PM
there are plenty of radios out there for cheaper then the Delphi built 500 or 1000 Shaker systems in the mustang...
Actually, it turns out that Delphi does NOT build the Shaker systems in the new Mustang. I found this out when I e-mailed them for information about the AUX input. I am not sure who is supplying the Shakers in the 2005 Mustang.

But that is why they aren't sat radio ready, unlike some previous model years. I am guessing market research told Ford that MP3 capability was more important. Either that, or MP3 capable systems were a cheaper route to go, and made it possible to hold the price point on the Mustang. Or they figured with the huge aftermarket in car audio, anyone who relly wanted it would tke care of it themselves.

Just like many folks are looking to do!
Old 10/21/04, 01:50 PM
Bullitt Member

I believe VISTEON is providing the Shaker System.
Old 10/26/04, 09:12 AM

I am having a XM roady 2 installed this weekend. It will be placed on the upper console where the dome lights are. It is out of sight and does not mess with the normal flow of the dash. I can't wait. I will post pics when I get them. One of the reasons I went with XM is for the ACC basketball. I could care less about baseball, and if I want football I go to the bar. In Dallas we have Russ Martin to listen to. He is on in the afternoon and I believe better than Stern.
Old 12/13/04, 06:46 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

This past week I have had the opportunity to sample Sirius. Granted, they get Stern in 2006.......
The Sirius is proffesionally installed through Hertz so the bad spots are not something I did:
Sirius: Lots of dead spots,takes forever for song info to load. Variety, but not the kind of music I listen too. Heavy metal channels too heavy, decades channels too decade-ish, comedy-too many shows, not enough laugh your butt off routines and talk radio no variety. Pro- NFL, Stern. I think they have Dee Sniders house of hair, but I haven't heard it. Cost: $12.99 per month each.

Xm: song request, 30 minute rewind, pause, dead spots only in rocky areas such as Ct. and Lookout Mountain Tn. Variety, comedy channels all comedy routine(check out Richard Pryor things in the woods), Fox news, MTV and VH1 Radio. alt rock: Fred, Ethel and Lucy. Classic Rock- top tracks.and XM 41- THE BONEYARD!, 60,70,80,90 decades PRO: MLB, Nascar, Opie and Anthony. Cost: $9.99 per month, $6.99 for each additional unit( I have 3 total- a sky fi, sky fi 2 soon and Roady)

Quick Reply: Satillite radio