05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Sarah's Stereo Journey

Search this Thread

Old 5/20/15, 07:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
Sarah's Stereo Journey

I am far from a stereo/audio enthusiast or expert. But, I do know good user functionality when I see/use it. As some of you know, I have only had Sarah ('06 Mustang Pony Package) for about a month. Replacing Whinnie was no easy task. The fact that the accident gave me a ton of hassle and things to worry about that I didn't need (like finding a new car and the physical pain my body went through), I basically had to start over with mods.

I was able to transfer the strut bar and that was about it. After getting wheels/tires, though not problems finding the right look, I went to look for a stereo. Having Cerebral Palsy Left Hemiplegia, driving takes more concentration than your average driver. Bluetooth phone is amazingly convenient for me and really helps me be safe on the road. I do not answer the phone unless absolutely necessary, but having the ability to just hit one button on the dash and answer the call is great.

I had a cheaper, though fine, single din system in Whinnie, but with Sarah, I wanted to do things right (or more proper). I knew I wanted a double din unit. I found a Jensen system that was touch screen. But, it turned out to be HORRIBLE. Glare made it impossible to use. I also like the ability to ask Siri for directions and or to call someone. The Jensen would prevent me from doing so if my phone was synced. It would make the system freak out. So, luckily I was able to exchange it for the best Pioneer unit I found (for the money).

I got a Pioneer FX-H820BS. It looks great in the dash of my Mustang. You can change the color of the buttons and the light strips on the side of the unit. I matched mine to the My Color gauges (needles and numbers.)

Last edited by unnoticedtrails; 5/20/15 at 07:11 PM.
Old 5/21/15, 03:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
The new Pioneer looks great!
Old 5/21/15, 07:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Scott2
The new Pioneer looks great!
Thanks Scott!
Old 5/21/15, 05:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Just got this billet Aluminum Pony Outlet plug from AM.
Old 5/22/15, 01:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by unnoticedtrails

Just got this billet Aluminum Pony Outlet plug from AM.

How do you pull it out? Do you not use the power point? Just curious.
Old 5/22/15, 05:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by mrkabc
How do you pull it out? Do you not use the power point? Just curious.
It is actually quite tough. LOL. It has grommets on the rim of it so it is pretty tight. But, just using finger strength and a firm grip, you can pull it out. I rarely use mine anymore since a suction cup GPS unit is passe. But, with the original plastic power point cover long gone (as was it in Whinnie as well), I couldn't stare at the blank ugly opening anymore.

Last edited by unnoticedtrails; 5/22/15 at 05:03 PM.