05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Replacement Seat Covers

Search this Thread

Old 5/10/05, 05:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know how to replace the seat cover material, front, rear and headrest?

I did a search and found some info on removing the headrest cover. Has anyone done all seating covers?

Thanks in advance.
Old 5/10/05, 06:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by celticstanger@May 10, 2005, 5:21 PM
Does anyone know how to replace the seat cover material, front, rear and headrest?

I did a search and found some info on removing the headrest cover. Has anyone done all seating covers?

Thanks in advance.
Yes,I did it myself, It's not easy but it can be done with a little patience. You can save money by taking the seats out and taking them apart and getting covers and then pay an uphoister to put the covers back on for you. and then put the seats back together youself. I even put my covers back on myself, I had to have it at an event, But I'm going to take the seats back out and take it back apart, Then I will take the covers and seat parts for them to put back on. If you deside that you want to do it I can give step by step instructions. Just remember It takes a while to do this job. Good luck, Let me know if you want to try it? I'll be glade to help in any way I can. James
Old 5/10/05, 06:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by flamin ponyexpress@May 10, 2005, 6:13 PM
Yes,I did it myself, It's not easy but it can be done with a little patience. You can save money by taking the seats out and taking them apart and getting covers and then pay an uphoister to put the covers back on for you. and then put the seats back together youself. I even put my covers back on myself, I had to have it at an event, But I'm going to take the seats back out and take it back apart, Then I will take the covers and seat parts for them to put back on. If you deside that you want to do it I can give step by step instructions. Just remember It takes a while to do this job. Good luck, Let me know if you want to try it? I'll be glade to help in any way I can. James
Thanks for the info. I don't mind doing it, as long as it's something I can do without messing the seats up. I don't mind spending time on projects like this. My plan is to buy replacement covers, so please post instructions when you get a chance.

Thanks again!
Old 5/10/05, 06:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by celticstanger+May 10, 2005, 6:25 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(celticstanger @ May 10, 2005, 6:25 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-flamin ponyexpress@May 10, 2005, 6:13 PM
Thanks for the info. I don't mind doing it, as long as it's something I can do without messing the seats up. I don't mind spending time on projects like this. My plan is to buy replacement covers, so please post instructions when you get a chance.

Thanks again!
[/b][/quote]
Let me know when your ready to get started. I'll have to write it down and then email the instructions to you. What are you wanting to do first.Just remember to disconect battery before you start, So you won't activate the air bags. If It was me I'd take front seats out first , Then back seats. and so on.
Old 5/10/05, 07:12 PM
3rd Times A Charm

This would be a great time to install some seat heaters and/or massage motors.
Old 5/11/05, 09:56 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm trying to see what kind of price I can get on the Roush leather seat covers - dark charcoal and grey. Spent a fair whack already, so I may wait a while. I'm also looking at an after market stereo with MD hookup (I travel a lot and use a minidisc player all the time) since there appears to be no cure for the common Shaker, so stereo might come b4 the seat covers.
Old 5/11/05, 11:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by celticstanger@May 11, 2005, 9:59 AM
I'm trying to see what kind of price I can get on the Roush leather seat covers - dark charcoal and grey. Spent a fair whack already, so I may wait a while. I'm also looking at an after market stereo with MD hookup (I travel a lot and use a minidisc player all the time) since there appears to be no cure for the common Shaker, so stereo might come b4 the seat covers.
No problem, Just let me know when your ready to change it out and I'll send you the information you wanted. Good luck on your stereo.
Old 5/11/05, 07:32 PM
V6 Member

Has anyone actually replaced their cloth seats with the leather covers yet? If so, who made them, how happy are you with them, what was the cost etc. I've been trying to find gt take-offs with no luck so far, so am looking for other options. Thanx all for any info!
Old 5/12/05, 05:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 2k5 legend@May 11, 2005, 7:35 PM
Has anyone actually replaced their cloth seats with the leather covers yet? If so, who made them, how happy are you with them, what was the cost etc. I've been trying to find gt take-offs with no luck so far, so am looking for other options. Thanx all for any info!
I think Katzskins makes replacement covers, But I'm not shure.
Old 5/13/05, 12:45 AM
Cobra Member

I have started to change out my V-6 seats with GT takeoff seat covers, so far I have the rear seats done, they were easy to do!
I chose the dark charcoal to contrast with the parchment,since the dash and center console is black as well.
Old 5/15/05, 10:47 AM
Cobra Member

I kind of finished changing out my seat fabrics yesterday, I was shorted the headrests. So I put the tan ones back on for the time being.
Hopefully Mike at Casco will send out the headrests for me..
Old 5/15/05, 11:05 AM
V6 Member

I gotta sat, I do like the way that dark charcoal looks in the tan interior. It makes a really nice contrast.
Old 5/15/05, 11:07 AM
Cobra Member

Thanks alot!! I am happy will be happier when I get the headrests.
Best part of them is that the seats have the running ponies as opposed to the "mustang mustang mustang" written all over it!!!
Old 5/15/05, 11:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

Looks awesome Kevin. Great mod. Love it!
Old 5/15/05, 12:11 PM
V6 Member

I have changed 2 sets. My car and my brothers. They both went from cloth to cloth, but I believe that Mike at Casco does have leather. The change is really not bad. Just take your time and look at how it is held together. The head rest and the bushings are a little bit of a trick, but easy once you know the deal. Let me know if I can be of any help. The running horses look much better than the V6 seats. PS they look as perfect as factory, nothing damaged , no sags etc. Even the dealer could not tell what I had done. Good Luck , Mark mark_sanders@bellsouth.net
Old 5/15/05, 01:09 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by dynaflash@May 15, 2005, 1:14 PM
I have changed 2 sets. My car and my brothers. They both went from cloth to cloth, but I believe that Mike at Casco does have leather. The change is really not bad. Just take your time and look at how it is held together. The head rest and the bushings are a little bit of a trick, but easy once you know the deal. Let me know if I can be of any help. The running horses look much better than the V6 seats. PS they look as perfect as factory, nothing damaged , no sags etc. Even the dealer could not tell what I had done. Good Luck , Mark mark_sanders@bellsouth.net

I agree there is no sags. Casco not only provides the fabric but the entire padding so its pretty much like getting brand new seats for $150..
The front seat was difficult about a 8 on a scale of 1-10, but the second one I did was easier. They took me about 2-3 hours to complete. Like you said just take your time and have patience.
I am planning on calling Mike tomorrow so I will inquire about the leather!

thanks for the compliment dtdebuty, I appreciate it.
Old 5/15/05, 03:02 PM
V6 Member

I've emailed Mike at cascotech about leather, haven't heard back yet. Would appreciate any info that anyone comes up with...
Old 5/16/05, 08:29 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by 2k5 legend@May 15, 2005, 4:05 PM
I've emailed Mike at cascotech about leather, haven't heard back yet. Would appreciate any info that anyone comes up with...
I just got off the phone with Mike at Casco, he is an awesome guy to deal with!!
He does sell the leather but he also said they are not cheap, $450, if I remember correctly.
He was very sorry that I didnt get the headrest covers. He is going to send me new ones today!!
Old 5/19/05, 01:21 PM
FR500 Member

Kevin, your seats look real good. Nice touch.
Old 5/20/05, 09:08 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by acadian@May 19, 2005, 2:24 PM
Kevin, your seats look real good. Nice touch.
Thanks!!
I received the black headrest covers today!!

Quick Reply: Replacement Seat Covers