05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

recommend a DVD/indash cd player

Search this Thread

Old 8/24/06 | 10:27 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by SurfnSoCal
Ya, my IVA-w200 sits flush with the dash....that sticks out alot man
do you know which kit you used? i checked mine and it was on tilt 1, it came back in a bit farther, but still about 1/4 inch out.

also, i dont watch it, its mostly for the fiance on the weekends we drive to tracks.
Old 8/26/06 | 01:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

So, I see some of the DVD palyers listed in this thread run, 18 watts X 4 Channels. How is the Shaker making 500 Watts? Do you need an amp for these DVD player installs?
Old 8/26/06 | 09:49 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by awakeinAZ
So, I see some of the DVD palyers listed in this thread run, 18 watts X 4 Channels. How is the Shaker making 500 Watts? Do you need an amp for these DVD player installs?
ford amps use a speaker level input. The watage fo the 4 channel from the cd player is being used ike a rca, so wattage means nothing other than clarity. The shaker 500 amps still power the door speakers, but i noticed an increase in clarity and volume when switching to this head unit.
Old 8/26/06 | 05:42 PM
Cobra Member

hmmm

Originally Posted by Mustangfreak
TV's in cars = Stupidest idea ever.

Watch the road, not a dang tv!
Who care's,if the driver wants to watch t.v let him.Why is it stupid.Can't you do both???
Old 8/26/06 | 10:15 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by touring
Who care's,if the driver wants to watch t.v let him.Why is it stupid.Can't you do both???

No, no, and no. I'd love to be allowed to shoot every last person I see driving while talking on a cell phone. Visible screens would simply cause more of an epidemic of stupid drivers. I think if it can be proven in a wreck, it should be felony and criminal wrecklessness. I enjoy the screens as much as anyone else, but they should absolutely not be visible to the driver while in motion.
Old 8/27/06 | 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez
ford amps use a speaker level input. The watage fo the 4 channel from the cd player is being used ike a rca, so wattage means nothing other than clarity. The shaker 500 amps still power the door speakers, but i noticed an increase in clarity and volume when switching to this head unit.
Only the subs are driven by external amps. The 6x8s are driven by internal amps in the headunit. So, when you wire in your aftermarket deck, you are using only it's power to drive the door and shelf speakers.

Originally Posted by touring
The law is such 'cos you can only govern what the driver does, not how they do it. This is the same principle behind all traffic laws... ie. you can't make people driver better, so make them drive slower. You can't make sure the driver doesn't look at the screen, so make it so he can't look at the screen. As an intelligent, common sense driven individual, I am self governing so I accept the responsibility and the potential for consequences and act accordingly (read: I don't look at the screen).
Old 8/28/06 | 05:54 AM
Cobra Member

Good for you, Grasshopper. That's exactly how I feel. I will have a screen in mine, but only because I can't find a unit that does everything I want without it.
Old 8/31/06 | 08:58 AM
GT Member

Well i got the right install kit this time, monitor sits flush now. Very happy with the alpine. no ipod yet, but MP3 cd's work great, and DVD music is awsome (alice and chains unplugged, dave mathews live, ect). Monitor is very crisp, addded backgrounds are cool, only one single complaint. You cant change the crossover frequencies without getting on the internet and burning the program to CD.
Old 8/31/06 | 12:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

How about a new pic please?

Where did you find the right one?
Old 8/31/06 | 01:31 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

METRA 99-5807 from crutchfield
Old 9/1/06 | 11:27 AM
GT Member

When i purchased it local they handed me the wrong kit. Took it in and they gave me the right one. Not sure what it was, i can look when i get home. I will post a pic of the install tonight