05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Radio Controlled Ipod Interface

Search this Thread

Old 9/28/07, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by habu
This is probably a really dumb question....

I checked my radio's # (2007 Shaker 1000) and it's same number as in the pdf so it looks like it's compatible.

Do I go to the brandmotion site to purchase or get the hotsheet from Kevin ??

Also does the interface keep the iPod charged or does it charge the iPod ?

Thanks For this. It is exactly the type of interface that I have been looking for.
habu

Since KC has been kind enough to list this product on the forum, you should get the hot sheet from him.

To answer your question, the interface charges the iPod through the 30-pin connector at the bottom of the iPod just like an Apple dock. When the iPod is fully charged, it stops drawing power (trickle).

Whichever way you go, you'll be getting a high-quality interface for your Mustang . . .
Old 9/28/07, 11:27 AM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,861 Likes on 2,112 Posts
Originally Posted by habu
This is probably a really dumb question....

I checked my radio's # (2007 Shaker 1000) and it's same number as in the pdf so it looks like it's compatible.

Do I go to the brandmotion site to purchase or get the hotsheet from Kevin ??

Also does the interface keep the iPod charged or does it charge the iPod ?

Thanks For this. It is exactly the type of interface that I have been looking for.
I doubt any 07's would not be Compatible. As Far as Purchasing I will be Offering a Discount. I expect to Be Taking Orders very Soon and will update the Hotsheets to List pricing. If you Can't wait you can Purchase Direct from Brandmotion. And Lastly it does Charge the IPOD.

KC
Old 9/28/07, 06:01 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
5R3T-18C815-GB no no

Sux for me and no sale for you. aarrrgggggggggggggggggggggg
Old 9/28/07, 06:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BrandmotionEng
habu

Since KC has been kind enough to list this product on the forum, you should get the hot sheet from him.

To answer your question, the interface charges the iPod through the 30-pin connector at the bottom of the iPod just like an Apple dock. When the iPod is fully charged, it stops drawing power (trickle).

Whichever way you go, you'll be getting a high-quality interface for your Mustang . . .
Kevin, Dean
Thank you for your replies. I'll keep my eye on when they hit the hotsheets and go from there. I am really looking forward to being able to do this in my Mustang
Old 9/28/07, 08:28 PM

Cryin' shame on a sweet ride

Originally Posted by Lampoon
5R3T-18C815-GB no no

Sux for me and no sale for you. aarrrgggggggggggggggggggggg
Lampoon -

This is a bummer & we are sorry. The 5R3T-18C815-GB radio pre-dates Ford's SIRIUS compatibility. An upgrade to a Shaker 500 from '06 would allow you to use our adapter & would fit in your vehicle.

The adapter needs the satellite connectivity to talk between the iPod & the HU.

Disappointing as it is, at least you didn't spend the $$ and install before knowing . . .
Old 9/29/07, 06:05 AM
Cobra R Member

True....Are you sure its just a headunit swap...nothing else? I know on Pontiacs the
satelite radio gear is seperate from the headunit....
Just brainstorming. Thanks.
Old 9/29/07, 04:43 PM
Bullitt Member

I have a Mustang GT 2006. I looked up compatibility for mine with head number "GR3T 18C8 15JE", which if I read correctly says I CAN use this? What I dont understand is under the "sat" category on your chart, it says "delphi". What is this a reference to? I do not have the sat radio shaker 1000.

Also, I haven't seen anything yet even suggesting what the price will be for the unit. Can you at least give a "ballpark" price?

I just finished pulling an iPod interface made by Perpherials, that while working was awesome, but proved to be problematic with mustangs and would cause dash guage cluster problems if not outright failures (which did happen to mine. How far into "testing" are these and what will be the return policy if this version causes any problems?

I am very interested, but am trying to avoid the problems I've finally gotten addressed with the past unit.

Andretti
Old 9/30/07, 06:13 PM

Lampoon -

As long as you are swapping for the same radio type (Shaker 500 etc.) switching the radio HU shouldn't cause an issue. You'll want to be sure the iPod is pluggged in before selecting the adapter with the AUX button.

Watch out for the early 2007 Shaker 500 HU (7R3T-18C815-GF) - we have a known issue where Ford tweaked the firmware that controls the up/down buttons, causing the radio to be unable to switch albums/atrists/playlists with our adapter!
Old 9/30/07, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Andretti1
I have a Mustang GT 2006. I looked up compatibility for mine with head number "GR3T 18C8 15JE", which if I read correctly says I CAN use this? What I dont understand is under the "sat" category on your chart, it says "delphi". What is this a reference to? I do not have the sat radio shaker 1000.

Also, I haven't seen anything yet even suggesting what the price will be for the unit. Can you at least give a "ballpark" price?

I just finished pulling an iPod interface made by Perpherials, that while working was awesome, but proved to be problematic with mustangs and would cause dash guage cluster problems if not outright failures (which did happen to mine. How far into "testing" are these and what will be the return policy if this version causes any problems?

I am very interested, but am trying to avoid the problems I've finally gotten addressed with the past unit.

Andretti

Bryan -

Your radio 6R3T-18C815-JE was field tested with no issues. The "Delphi" in the SAT field of the chart refers to the manufacturer of the SIRIUS receiver (if you have one, it's located in the trunk, behind the passenger rear wheel).

If you don't have the satellite receiver, you should order IPDCFD001, which includes the correct harness for a Mustang without satellite receiver. The price can be found in Kevin's Hot Sheet, or at www.brandmotion.com link: http://store.brandmotion.com/product...products_id=68

We've heard similar comments about the Perpherial adapter. We've tried to make our product more robust, intuitive & installation friendly. The warantee policy is 12 months from date of sale for individual / owner installation. If you have quality issues with the performance of the adapter, call the sales center to discuss a refund 1-877-276-6456.

Hope this helps - PM me if you have more questions . . .
Old 10/3/07, 07:25 PM

Hotsheets for ipod interface

05stangkc can you send me the hotsheets for this interface. I'm interested in purchasing one but haven't received an email back.

Thanks,
Blake
Old 10/3/07, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by SSilver0702
05stangkc can you send me the hotsheets for this interface. I'm interested in purchasing one but haven't received an email back.

Thanks,
Blake

Me too, please. Thanks
Old 10/4/07, 06:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by GTEUPP
Me too, please. Thanks
Same for me.
Old 10/4/07, 09:47 AM
GT Member

+2 or +3 for me, as I've had no response via email.
Old 10/4/07, 02:46 PM

i Have Been Sidelined Due To Dealership Issues. Pretty Much Caught Up! Now Onto My 150+ Backed Up Tms Emails. Hotsheets Updated Today With Brandmotion Pricing. I Will Answer Asap. Thank You For Your Patience.

kc
Old 10/5/07, 02:47 PM

Ipod Adapter Is Now Listed On Hotsheets. Current Pricing Is Intro Offer Subject To Increase In The Future.

kc
Old 10/5/07, 05:03 PM
V6 Member

I would also like the new hotsheets. Thanks.
Old 10/5/07, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by BlueGT
I would also like the new hotsheets. Thanks.
For a Copy of my Hotsheets Simply send Email to clevparts@aol.com Put Hotsheets in Subject line!

Thanks!

KC
Old 10/9/07, 07:17 PM

I emailed emailed you for a request for the HotSheets but haven't received a copy yet.

I just bought the Harmon Kardon Drive & Play and want to return it but that's going to be based upon the pricing in the HotSheets.

Can you get me a copy ASAP. Thanks.
Old 10/11/07, 01:29 PM

HELP!!!!!!!!!

I have Recieved many Inquirys on the IPOD Adapter but only One Bite! In order to Offer at the Discount as Listed in the Hotsheets I have to Order 24 at a Time. I need about a Dozen Preorders Before Placing an Order. I am Buying at the Deepest Discount Level to Pass the Savings onto my TMS Customers but I need some Help! Money is Very Tight at the Present.

kc
Old 10/11/07, 02:54 PM

What hotsheet is the price listed in? You emailed the batch of them but I looked through each and somehow missed it?? thanks

Quick Reply: Radio Controlled Ipod Interface