05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Questions about In-Dash DVD Unit

Search this Thread

Old 6/12/08, 12:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions about In-Dash DVD Unit

First I wanted to get some suggestions about which dvd unit to get. Then I was wondering if someone might have some insight into how you disable the e-brake function. I understand that you can have a "switched" ground to bypass this function. I am looking for a way to do this without having to wire a switch. Also, if the key is on and e-brake is up...it will play. What happens if you then turn the key to the off position leaving the e-brake up and then turn the key back to the on position? Does the unit still play being that the e-brake never changed positions? I'm asking this because if that is true then a normal ground sound allow for the same function as the e-brake. Or my understanding of what could be happening is off. Thanks for any help.
Old 6/12/08, 01:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sscobra
First I wanted to get some suggestions about which dvd unit to get. Then I was wondering if someone might have some insight into how you disable the e-brake function. I understand that you can have a "switched" ground to bypass this function. I am looking for a way to do this without having to wire a switch. Also, if the key is on and e-brake is up...it will play. What happens if you then turn the key to the off position leaving the e-brake up and then turn the key back to the on position? Does the unit still play being that the e-brake never changed positions? I'm asking this because if that is true then a normal ground sound allow for the same function as the e-brake. Or my understanding of what could be happening is off. Thanks for any help.
I, along with several other members, have gone with the Pioneer AVIC-D3. I can't be happier with it. I did the bypass (its SIMPLE), and it plays movies with the brake down, and while the car is moving. I can also update my trip on the navigation on the fly. Its been on clearance now, as its technically an old unit, and thats actually a good thing, as you can find it for a really good price now. This unit also has an iPod interface cable, which works terrific, and has other functions that I haven't added yet (like sat radio, and bluetooth). Some may say its not that good as you either use the navigation disc, or the cd player, but if you have an iPod, it doesn't matter. For me, I haven't used a CD in a car in several years. Check out the search function of the site, and enter in the window "D3" and you can see all the posts about this unit. Its well worth the look.