05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

project audio re-do

Search this Thread

Old 5/31/08, 10:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
project audio re-do

Hi everyone,As you all know KC Customs screwed up my audio install at the last minute,So I'm back at square one,but this time the owner of T3 Audio is going to design and make the sub box for the system. I disasembled the KC Customs sub box . Since JD( owner of T3 Audio) designs and builds his speakers, He is going to design this sub box to have the corect air space for the subs.He feels bad that I got such a total mess from KC Customs install,so He told me to tare the box out and we would build a better one this Tuesday, So I'll be traveling to Gainsville,Ga.

Old 5/31/08, 11:14 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Man that sucks. That looked like quite a chore just getting the f'd up box out. I sure hope these guys get it right for you!
Old 6/1/08, 08:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Man that sucks. That looked like quite a chore just getting the f'd up box out. I sure hope these guys get it right for you!
JD use to do high end systems for professional ball players and such,before he started making his own speakers,so I think this time I'm in good hands. I mean think about it ,who better to build the box than the maker of the sub.He's going to design it to be made for the speaker,not the speaker made for the box.JD knows his stuff and I don't think he'll let me down. The other box sounded like crap,this is why he said lets just tear out the old box and build a better one.
There was a lot of wireing KC Customs didn't use on my car,they were sent wireing in rolls,but trust me it wasn't used on my car,even the distrobution boxs I had ,they didn't use.But I'll let Scosche deal with them on that.I'll be sending an email to my rep at Scosche on what isn't there.
Guess they used it else where.
Old 6/1/08, 07:39 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heads are gonna roll. Tell John to hurry up. I've been wanting to see this build completed for some time now.

Also, tell him to hurry those shallow-mount drivers he was making.
Old 6/2/08, 03:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Infinity
Heads are gonna roll. Tell John to hurry up. I've been wanting to see this build completed for some time now.

Will do! I'm suppost to call him @ 8:00 am in the morning, to see what time to be there for the sub box.Trust me ,I've wanted this done/ caput/over longer than you. I really believe once Jon finishes his part and I get back on my part,to have this done soon.I feel the design I've come up with will be much better than King Cobra's ! The batterys will be mounted on the sides,where they should have been all along. The lay out will be more of a high end luxury look,than a pimped out one.won't look like Mc Donalds.
Old 6/2/08, 03:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Oh one other thing, Look at the first picture in the thread( notice where they took a hammer to the lip on the trunk, trieing to get the top monitor / speaker trunk lid cover to fit,instead of just taking the cover and sanding down the fiberglass to fit.Now I have to straighten up the bottom part,then pull the upholster off the the lid and sand cover on the sides to fit opening.
Infinity,
I've never installed LED back lighting ,what kind should I use for the lighting in the trunk ,just a hint in certain areas like batterys,amps and so on,don't want to over do it.want it suttle but nice.
Old 6/2/08, 03:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Infinity

Which shallow drivers? what size? let me know and I'll ask.
Old 6/18/08, 07:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

Just checking if there are any updates?
Old 6/19/08, 04:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by mco05gt
Just checking if there are any updates?
Nothing yet! JD had to have surgery on his jaw last thursday,so he's been sick from the meds,but he told me the other day he was going to get started on it thursday,but I haven't tried to call him,I'll give him to next week then I'll contact him to see how it's going. Before he had the surgery ,he had called me telling me that PAS magazine is interested in doing an article on the install. Scosche rep also told him to make a list of what he needs for the install,since KC Customs didn't use what they sent them on my car. But I'll let Scosche handle that situation.I'll give an up-date next week! From what JD had in mind on the system ( don't know if he'll do two 12's or one 15'' sub( going to be where the spare tire was,should get most of trunk space back,but who knows! I trust JD's ideas,going to be sweet!

Last edited by flamin ponyexpress; 6/19/08 at 04:08 PM.
Old 6/22/08, 10:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

New up-date: Johnathan called me yesterday and he has the car completely apart. He told me that KC Customs install was a total mess( looked like a bunch of amatuers did it) he could tell were one person did the driverside and another one did the passenger side,one side was wired wrong,wires were pinched ,had different screws,nothing was attached,just a total bad install.JD will have to completely re-wire whole system,He said I was lucky they didn't burn up the amps. When car audio is done this time it will be right,totally re-doing everything,door panels and all. He still tells me it will be ready sometime in July.
pictures will be posted once complete audio is finished.

Last edited by flamin ponyexpress; 6/22/08 at 10:04 AM.
Old 6/24/08, 04:46 AM
Cobra Member

I wasn't too thrilled with the direction the interior went last time. I am eager to see what they come up with now.
Old 6/24/08, 02:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Deric
I wasn't too thrilled with the direction the interior went last time. I am eager to see what they come up with now.
Agree 110% on that! From what JD is telling me, there will be either three 10 inch subs or three 12 inch subs in the rear deck part, the door panels will look more like the original ones ,but with two sets of 6 inch mids and two sets of tweeters, the rest is a surprise.Non of the other stuff will be used on the car, in fact I'll have two door panel inserts and one trunk lid cover for sale . I believe Johnathan's ideas will be really nice ,more of a modern look,not pimped!!!
Old 6/24/08, 04:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Any chance of pictures through out the project? Or is it going to be a suprise?
Old 6/24/08, 05:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by mco05gt
Any chance of pictures through out the project? Or is it going to be a suprise?
Before Johnathan started the project he asked me to not show any pictures of during install,just the finished outcome. I guess he has little tricks that he doesn't want some of the other installers to see. The way he talks all the installers have their own way of doing things. He has done installs on JL Audio project vehicles,some top name ball players and ect.Once it is done I'll post pictures.
Old 6/25/08, 09:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Very cool and I have to agree the previous install was definately over the top looking forward to seeing this one though!
Old 6/25/08, 02:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by buck
Very cool and I have to agree the previous install was definately over the top looking forward to seeing this one though!
Me too! This one will be more of a modern version,I really believe That Johnathan is going to do it right. He's hasn't a lot of time so, It won't be a sound competion vehicle,but it will sound better than what it did. He's still telling me finished date is sometime in July.
Old 6/27/08, 03:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

New up-date:I talked to JD today, I'll have atleast 85% of my trunk space back, infact I'll even have the spare tire.The rest is going to be a surprise. I know But they will be posted soon as he's done. A promiss is a promiss,and gave him my word ,not to post till Custom T3 Audio is finished. Heck ,I haven't seen anything either! Just know it's being done.

Last edited by flamin ponyexpress; 6/27/08 at 03:35 PM.
Old 6/27/08, 03:44 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
sounds good, I def. understand the not taking pics thing. You've definately dropped some cash in it though
Old 6/27/08, 05:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Looking forward to seeing it finished......... last one was too over-the-top, kinda ruined the image of the car I thought.
Old 6/27/08, 08:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by tom281
Looking forward to seeing it finished......... last one was too over-the-top, kinda ruined the image of the car I thought.
Agree 110% on that! Can't wait to see it finished! It's wild, KC Customs had the car over 6 months, JD has had the car a little over 3 weeks,because of his resent illnss wasn't able to start on it till last Saturday and has taken it totally apart and now he's on the process of putting it together. Talked to him earlier today and he told me he was going to work on it this weekend.
Also he doesn't need me to get another inside panels ,said he can make do with what he has.

Quick Reply: project audio re-do