05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Pro Pods gauge pod warning

Search this Thread

Old 2/11/07, 09:09 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pro Pods gauge pod warning

I haven't seen a post on this before, so I thought I would warn anyone who is considering the pro pods gauge pod. I bought the 2 gauge pod that fits in the center of the dash. I went with the Auto Meter Cobalt gauges. The test fit went fine, but once the brass fittings went on the back of the boost gauge, it esentially made the gauge too long and the fittings made hard contact with the dash, causing the gauge pod push up or bow up in the middle. The double sided sticky tape that came on it sucked and hardly made contact. Long story short, it requires a lot of modification, better 3M tape, and I made two rubber spacers that cause my gauges to stick out 1/4 of an inch out so that the pod will lay down. Just an FYI for anyone thinking about going with this set up.
Attached Thumbnails Pro Pods gauge pod warning-whippleinstall-010.jpg   Pro Pods gauge pod warning-whippleinstall-006.jpg   Pro Pods gauge pod warning-whippleinstall-011.jpg  
Old 2/11/07, 10:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The CDC 3 pod looks and fight great