05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

please help

Search this Thread

Old 11/17/04, 05:26 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have a question i am getting the shaker 500 in mine cus i have a sub and amp already so i was goin to by a nice reciever to replace the factory radio(changer) my question is i can hook up the sub cus of the outs on the new reiever what about the factory amp (amps?) for the front 8 speakers. can i use those or hook them up to a new reciever? how does the connections work for them amps will the wires have to be cut? and wired together somehow or can i do it at all? eventually i will replace them speakers and a new amps to run them but for the time being i was hoping to do, i am hoping to add my sub i have and get new 5x7s for my 4 channel amp i have i just need the two amps that run the 8s to be able to be hooked up to a new reciever
Old 11/17/04, 06:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

As far as I know there is no separate amp for the 8's. At least if there was, my installer didn't tell me (nor did he remove them).
Old 11/17/04, 06:30 PM
GT Member

There are seperate amps for the 2 8"'s. They are in the kick panels on the passenger side. Ifyou look, there is a cover that you remove, and there they are.

-Andy