05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

New Ipod Fix!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 6/21/06, 10:23 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New Ipod Fix!!!!!!

The moment you've all been waiting for.....Neo Ion has recently released an Ipod to factory radio that gives you volume and track control from the factory head unit and even charges your Ipod. Best of all it's plug in play. No sodering or messing with wires.

I recently recieved a call from tim at mp3yourcar.com and he informed me of this awesome news. I ordered mine today he said they'll begin shipping within a few days when they get the shipment. There going for 189 plus shipping. Below is the email I recieved from him.

If and when you place your order please say you were referred by me.

leonardo,

Thank you for your interest in the Neo Ion, the complete ipod car integration kit.

The Ion is fully compatible with your 2006 Ford mustang and is by far the highest quality ipod connection available.

Are you currently using a tape adapter or an FM Modulator?

Since the adapter connects directly to your Ford stereo system you will finally be able to listen to your iPod in the car with CD QUALITY SOUND! No more static and distortion from FM transmitters or cassette adapters.

Full Integration means that the adapter will power and charge the ipod, as well as allow you to control the ipod from the Ford radio. (Steering wheel controls will also work if you have them).

Please give me a call when you get a chance if you are interested in this adapter. I am happy to answer any questions you may have and set you up with an adapter if you would like. You can reach me at 1 800 505 0931 Ext 116, or by email at tim@mp3yourcar.com.

You can also view this adapter and find out more by our website http://www.mp3yourcar.com.

Thank you,

Tim Donegan

www.mp3yourcar.com
Old 6/21/06, 10:29 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Neo Ion

Will post pics as soon as I recieve my unit. Hopefully very very soon.
Old 6/21/06, 11:59 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Neo Ion

Dam 33+ views and no response. O.K. well I guess I'll see once I post pics.
Old 6/21/06, 12:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Leo, don't worry I'll be happy to respond to this with a BIG I didn't get the PIE adapter as from what I saw, you had to solder some wires together and I wasn't keen on doing this. I can't wait to get a report on how well it works, and definitely some pics. If you can take some shots of you installing it, to give us an idea on how hard it may be, I would appreciate it. I'll be keeping track of this topic. Can't wait for an update.
Old 6/21/06, 06:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Sounds encouraging. Same here, installation pictures would be great and helpful.

By the way, I don't have an iPOD, but another MP3 player and was looking at the site and found another product that could be helpful for those that don't have an iPOD:

12203 - Aux Adapter

http://www.mp3yourcar.com/productdet...&productID=641

Thanks for the pointer to mp3yourcar.

Looking forward to the install pictures.
Old 6/21/06, 07:58 PM
Bullitt Member

So will it work with Sirius too?

Mike E
Old 6/22/06, 04:17 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Talking Sirius?

I'm not a hundred percent sure, but I think it won't work with sirius because the cable that runs from the unit hooks up to the bottom of the ipod and not the headphone jack. It's fine with me because I'm returning my sirius. I was disappointed with sirius and think it's overated IMO. I'm looking foward to being to able to control my Ipod through the factory stereo like the BMW's do.
Old 6/22/06, 04:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member

aux unit

Spirit that aux you found is similar to the FRD-04 AUX that PIE sells. I currently have it but am not impressed. I have to constantly adjust the volume on my ipod and shaker head unit to avoid static.
Old 6/22/06, 11:41 AM
Bullitt Member

I cant wait to see how well it works for you. If all goes well I will definately buy one!
Old 6/22/06, 03:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Am I missing something? For $10 more than this thing, I can buy an Alpine CDA-9856 from Crutchfield (http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Rhlnqeu...6&i=500CDA9856), thus getting the same Ipod integration AND a whole new, arguably better, stereo. Throw in some extra bucks for ebaying the leftover Shaker, and I can't figure why anyone would buy this thing instead.
Old 6/22/06, 03:49 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rash
Am I missing something? For $10 more than this thing, I can buy an Alpine CDA-9856 from Crutchfield (http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Rhlnqeu...6&i=500CDA9856), thus getting the same Ipod integration AND a whole new, arguably better, stereo. Throw in some extra bucks for ebaying the leftover Shaker, and I can't figure why anyone would buy this thing instead.
200 dollars isnt really a good headunit.
Old 6/22/06, 03:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Keep up updated, I do need work with my ipod connection
Old 6/22/06, 04:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by korinwoodo
200 dollars isnt really a good headunit.
It's better than NO head unit! Anyway, most of the reviews for it are pretty positive on Crutchfield.
Old 6/22/06, 06:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rash
I wouldn't buy it since it is a small head unit, and you have to have a bracket to fill in the rest of the space from the factory radio. Plus, I really don't mind the Shaker, as I haven't had any problems with mine. I just hope that this NEO system is a better install than the PIE, as I'm not thrilled with soldering wires.
Old 6/22/06, 07:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
I wouldn't buy it since it is a small head unit, and you have to have a bracket to fill in the rest of the space from the factory radio. Plus, I really don't mind the Shaker, as I haven't had any problems with mine. I just hope that this NEO system is a better install than the PIE, as I'm not thrilled with soldering wires.
Actually, Crutchfield provides the bracket no charge. And since it's a single DIN (as opposed to double like the Shaker) you can use the space below as extra storage for cell phone, wallet, etc.

My original point is that the NEO seems overpriced for just an adapter when you can buy an adapter as part of a BRAND NEW HEAD UNIT for $10 more. This thing should cost $75 tops. I bet it will in 6 months when there are others out there like it.
Old 6/22/06, 08:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by LEO_06GT
Spirit that aux you found is similar to the FRD-04 AUX that PIE sells. I currently have it but am not impressed. I have to constantly adjust the volume on my ipod and shaker head unit to avoid static.
That's too bad. One would think it would be simple. Thanks for the information. I hear not too good stories with the PIE adapter.
Old 6/24/06, 04:57 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Sorry to say I am Anti-Ipod...I am interested if there will ever be a good adapter for Sirius and other MP3 players
Old 6/25/06, 02:42 AM
Legacy TMS Member

+1 on interest here. Let us know how it goes, it's on my list. I've held out on the PIE adapter due to all the problems it's had.
Old 6/26/06, 11:06 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Keep us up to date I have been waiting for something like this
Old 6/26/06, 11:21 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I just picked up an iPod, and I'd like an adapter for PSH. Keep us posted!

Quick Reply: New Ipod Fix!!!!!!