05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Need help

Search this Thread

Old 4/7/05 | 12:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Hi! I need to place an order for a complete steering wheel cover lock and I need to know the steering wheel diameter. Is it 15in? 15.5? 16?. If I get the wrong one I am out of $50 as an exchange fee plus my car will be unprotected for a while. My Mustang will have to sleep outside for some time and I want to take an extra precaution on top of the factory alarm. As a thank you I promise to provide a brief review on the product.

Thanks gntlmn and ladies!
Old 4/7/05 | 06:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Anyone? I am sure for the lucky ones your Mustang is like mere 25 feet away...
Old 4/7/05 | 06:30 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by AvtoLubitel@April 7, 2005, 12:29 PM
Hi! I need to place an order for a complete steering wheel cover lock and I need to know the steering wheel diameter. Is it 15in? 15.5? 16?. If I get the wrong one I am out of $50 as an exchange fee plus my car will be unprotected for a while. My Mustang will have to sleep outside for some time and I want to take an extra precaution on top of the factory alarm. As a thank you I promise to provide a brief review on the product.

Thanks gntlmn and ladies!
I say storeage
Old 4/7/05 | 06:39 PM
Banned

If you're worried enough to buy a steering wheel lock, then you think you would be worried enough to know how to read/use a tape measurer.
Also you mentioned unprotected...how about locking the doors, these cars aren't as easy to steal as the old "box style" chevys were in the 80's....It doesn't just take a broken column and a screw driver anymore.
And on top of that, I'm sure you've got Comprehensive Insurance, If somehow a dumb as.s thieve was smart enough to steal an 05 Mustang, but then again, he probably wouldn't be a thief....it would be covered under your insurance.
Don't worry so much, and insurance company isn't going to reimburse you for your steering wheel lock anyways if it is stolen.
Old 4/7/05 | 06:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Sure, storage in the garage is much better, however since I don't have a garage the next best thing is a wheel lock. Could you do me a huge a favor and measure the wheel diameter? I would greatly appreciate it!
Old 4/7/05 | 06:42 PM
Bullitt Member

2005MustangGT - I don't have my car yet! It suppose to come in very soon though. Dealesrships around here are sold out too...
Old 4/7/05 | 06:45 PM
Banned

I'm about to do you a huge favor and measure mine in the rain to help you out, but as an Insurance Adjuster, I wouldn't worry about the steering wheel lock....after all, that's what you pay insurance for.
Old 4/7/05 | 06:47 PM
Banned

alright, how does 14 3/4" sound. Not quiet 15"
Old 4/7/05 | 06:53 PM
Bullitt Member

2005MustangGT - thank you! I greatly appreciate your help! Glad I found this forum. Yeah, I know that insurance will cover it, but it would be too painful to wait for a new car for another 6 months. I realize that no lock can stop a determined thief, but at at least it'll send away joy riders. Plus it'll let me sleep a little bit better Thanks again!
Old 4/7/05 | 06:57 PM
Banned

No problem, I wasn't trying to be rude, just make sure you were aware. If it helps you sleep better at night then more power to you.
The only thing I can't understand is that there are so many people waiting for their mustang to arrive, but there are so many for sale at dealerships for reasonable prices (1000 or 2000 above msrp). Even though it's higher than MSRP, it was worth it to me.
Anyways, enjoy once you get it.
Old 4/7/05 | 06:58 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by AvtoLubitel@April 7, 2005, 6:44 PM
Sure, storage in the garage is much better, however since I don't have a garage the next best thing is a wheel lock. Could you do me a huge a favor and measure the wheel diameter? I would greatly appreciate it!
Hello ... A storage unit :scratch: not a garage :bang:
Old 4/7/05 | 07:20 PM
GT Member

don't sleep to good if they want the car will tow it way take 20 seconds top hook it and run repoman do it all the time. save your money on the lock .
Old 4/7/05 | 08:22 PM
Bullitt Member

2005MustangGT - I ordered mine back in October for under MSRP. That's why I am waiting as oppose to buy one of the lot. Plus it has the configuration I wanted, so I would not need to compromise on color, spoiler, IUP, etc. Again, thanks for help!

black gt 2005 - well, sure. A determined thief can steal almost anything. However, not all thiefs have a tow truck. Good lock (full wheel cover) will help against joy riders. I spoke to an interesting gentelman today who explained to me how to disable alarm systems such as lowjack with a $200 microchip. So, nothing is unbreakable - not even a garage door

THE-BOSS - I currently leave in an apartment. A storage unit would get towed away by :cop2: faster than GT going from 0-60