05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

My first (and probably last) Steeda product

Search this Thread

Old 7/30/05, 04:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm taking my new Mustang on it's first road trip from Boston to Kansas City and back. On the way west I stopped off at Mustangs Unlimited in CT, hoping to pick up a CAI and some other goodies for the new ride. Unfortunately they were out of stock on everything I was interested in, so I settled for a new t-shirt and some polished Steeda door lock pins. I have to say I'm extremely non-impressed. They look great, but the loose fit, and the way they'll self screw downwards to the point they'll prevent the doors from locking(and no, not by a 1/32nd of an inch or something, we're talking like a 1/2" of slop in the fitment, and yeah they were clearly marked as 2005 pins). Yeah, I know I can probably shim them or put some teflon tape on the lock stud threads, but at more than $20 for a set of lock pins, I really expected a less amatuerish product. It really makes me hestitant about their higher end items when the easy details aren't addressed on a simple product
Old 7/31/05, 06:21 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just realized that I have the same lock pins. I never noticed that they didn't go all the way down when you locked the car. I just went and tried and sure as s***, the door opened. The alarm went off because it was armed, but the pins wouldn't allow the door to lock. I don't get how they overlooked that!!

I'm kinda kickin' myself for not noticing that when I installed them. Guess I figured "what could go wrong here"!!!! Thanks for the post!!!

Problem fixed BTW......had to open up the hole for the lock pin a touch.

Thanks again!!
Old 7/31/05, 06:27 PM
V6 Member

my pins are like that too but got them from upr and there billet.they stink.they look nice but prevent the door from locking.then my passenger door lock broke and i thought maybe it was from the pins but i needed a new actuator.i doubt the pins broke the acuator but if they did they stink worse than i thought lol.

peace
Old 7/31/05, 06:29 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the UPR ones (the basic design) - no problems and I love 'em....
Old 7/31/05, 10:55 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
That must explain why UPR screwed up with their stock style pins and didn't make them go down as far as the orginal pins.
Old 8/2/05, 10:52 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had the same problem with my Steeda pins. Just tear some little pieces of paper and ball them up until they fit in the hole of the pin. Then push the paper all the way down inside with something thin, possibly a drill bit. Then see if when you tighten it all the way down if the door will lock properly. I had to repeat the process several times until the pin was high enough to lock the doors. Its kind of a half hiney solution but it worked for me and I haven't had a problem since.
Old 8/4/05, 03:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Yeah, I know I could do something like that, I'm just offended that after paying $24 for such a simple part that I then have to mickey mouse the install. Shouldn't be that way....

Originally posted by ryan1112@August 2, 2005, 11:55 AM
I had the same problem with my Steeda pins. Just tear some little pieces of paper and ball them up until they fit in the hole of the pin. Then push the paper all the way down inside with something thin, possibly a drill bit. Then see if when you tighten it all the way down if the door will lock properly. I had to repeat the process several times until the pin was high enough to lock the doors. Its kind of a half hiney solution but it worked for me and I haven't had a problem since.
Old 8/15/05, 07:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

You sure those pins are actually made by steeda? cause steeda does sell parts made by other companies.

Also have you contacted them? They will always answering your questions.
Old 8/15/05, 08:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by scotts05custom@August 15, 2005, 8:23 PM
You sure those pins are actually made by steeda? cause steeda does sell parts made by other companies.

Also have you contacted them? They will always answering your questions.
They had a Steeda part label and part # on the bag. No other manufacturer indicated. Dropped them an email weeks ago, which I never saw a reply to. At this point it's not worth any further hassle to me. I'll just use other vendors, not like there aren't plenty to choose from.
Old 8/16/05, 01:10 PM
Bullitt Member

I had the same problem and used teflon tape on mine.