05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Mustang sub door help

Search this Thread

Old 6/27/12, 01:39 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mustang sub door help

I have a 2006 mustang v6 and it has the one speaker on each door panel.And I was wondering If I can get the door panels that have the subs on it and install it on my mustang v6
Old 6/27/12, 01:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mustangsally_
I have a 2006 mustang v6 and it has the one speaker on each door panel.And I was wondering If I can get the door panels that have the subs on it and install it on my mustang v6
I've surmised that to complete what you're trying to mimic on the Shaker Door Sub Systems, you will be better off finding the door panels from another S197 (wrecking yards, Craiglist, eBay, pick n' pull) because of having additional bracing that can dull down some of the vibration from the subs. Regardless if it's from a GT or a V6, it won't matter because the panels will match-up. In an ideal stereo, you want to minimize or completely eliminate all forms of vibration which I'm sure you already know. Throwing a door sub into the stock panels which aren't from the shaker system and are pretty hollow will creat a reverberating effect and can definitely taint the sound of your butt-kickin' sound system.

Nice name BTW, I do care a great deal for CCR myself.

Last edited by Pete07GT; 6/27/12 at 01:57 AM.
Old 6/27/12, 10:26 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Pete07GT

I've surmised that to complete what you're trying to mimic on the Shaker Door Sub Systems, you will be better off finding the door panels from another S197 (wrecking yards, Craiglist, eBay, pick n' pull) because of having additional bracing that can dull down some of the vibration from the subs. Regardless if it's from a GT or a V6, it won't matter because the panels will match-up. In an ideal stereo, you want to minimize or completely eliminate all forms of vibration which I'm sure you already know. Throwing a door sub into the stock panels which aren't from the shaker system and are pretty hollow will creat a reverberating effect and can definitely taint the sound of your butt-kickin' sound system.

Nice name BTW, I do care a great deal for CCR myself.
Thanks a lot dude! I will check out my junk yard for any mustangs with the shaker door panels
Old 6/29/12, 07:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
The factory door panels designed for the subs also have an enclosure built into them to get better sound. It basically runs the length of the panel behind the armrest.

Last edited by Torch_Vert; 6/29/12 at 07:33 PM.
Old 7/2/12, 11:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
To add on to what was said already, after you have the panels throw some sound deadning on the panel itself and the door before you install it. It will make a world of difference for sound quality and vibrations.
Old 7/2/12, 07:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"To add on to what was said already, after you have the panels throw some sound deadning on the panel itself and the door before you install it. It will make a world of difference for sound quality and vibrations."

Agreed!!