05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

MGW interior "dress up"

Search this Thread

Old 5/18/06 | 10:09 PM
Bullitt Member

MGW interior "dress up"

My posting capabilities have been disabled while at work! At least I can still read the forums...

Anyway, in anticipation of my 07 GT being ordered/delivered, I think its time to start buying some of the "small" mods, like interior dress up mods. I'm interested in some of the things MGW offers, such as control ****, door lock pins, and coat hanger... "things". But I'm unsure as to go for the brushed alumnium or chromed look. I want to keep the interior flowing and looking as "natural" as possible. Just don't know which would spruce it up the most, without going into territory. Any/all suggestions would be appreciated!

FYI I'm probably ordering dark charcoal leather with satin IUP, alloy grey exterior!
Old 5/18/06 | 10:14 PM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

I went with their brushed accents. They're classy.

Old 5/19/06 | 06:53 AM
Team Mustang Source

I 2nd Brad's vote. I too have the brushed aluminum e-brake handle, and it really looks good next to the factory 5-speed handle and IUP dash. Everyone that sees my car ask is that stock? You won't be disappointed.
Old 5/19/06 | 08:17 AM
V6 Member

I went completely brushed with the exception of the Deluxe Two Tone 3-D Horse Power Outlet Plug. It kept the interior looking classy without adding too much . I have the ICAP and it just sets it off. I will throw up a pick later tonight when I get home.
Old 5/19/06 | 09:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

I have the Satin and love it. I have seen pictures on the Chrome and they look good also. It all comes down to what part of the IUP you want to accent. I like the understated look.
Old 5/19/06 | 12:53 PM
V6 Member

Here is the pic I promised.
Old 5/19/06 | 01:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Definately liking the look of the brushed... espically with the auto trans.

Anyone have pics of the chromed just so I can contrast? I can't post at work so I've got to do it now! They took away my board posting privlages while at work...hehe. At least I can still read posts.
Old 5/19/06 | 02:59 PM
V6 Member

Here are my chrome parts (air dials and eject button). I think they go well with the chrome rings around the air vents.

My opinion ... If you have the interior upgrade package, go with the satin silver parts. If not, go with chrome.
Attached Thumbnails MGW interior "dress up"-chrome.jpg  
Old 5/19/06 | 04:07 PM
Banned

I agree the Silver/Brushed looks great, it matches the IUP dash almost perfect, as well as the spokes on the steering wheel.

However the chrome would match the vents great, so it's down to personal preference.
Old 5/19/06 | 07:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Here are my chrome parts. They pick up the trim rings nicely.
Attached Thumbnails MGW interior "dress up"-interior-1.jpg  
Old 5/19/06 | 07:30 PM
GT Member

I also went with the satin finish, it just seems to fit with the IUP. Either way, the MGW products are first rate. You can't go wrong.
Old 5/19/06 | 10:21 PM
GTR Member

I think a mix of both looks good. Cuz the rings are chrome and satin upgrade is satin! I have satin a/c *****.I am getiing satin swich plates ,chrome ebrake handle,chrome cup holder bezel, and chrome running pony outlet plug and still cant decide on satin or chrome tilt levers yet. also the power slide button from Steeda
Old 5/19/06 | 11:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Boltzman
I think a mix of both looks good. Cuz the rings are chrome and satin upgrade is satin! I have satin a/c *****.I am getiing satin swich plates ,chrome ebrake handle,chrome cup holder bezel, and chrome running pony outlet plug and still cant decide on satin or chrome tilt levers yet. also the power slide button from Steeda
I did the same. I think the mix of chrome and satin works well.
Old 5/20/06 | 08:56 AM

I went with the Chrome power plug and A/C *****, and brushed cup holder bezel and door pins.

(that's just moisture from the freshly installed tint incase you're wondering )
Old 5/20/06 | 10:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks guys!

I went all satin silver for door pins, coat hangers, cup holders, and A/C controls.

I've got plans to spruce the door itself up as well, just need some satin silvery or chromed piping to fit into the cracks to accent things. Plan on painting the outside ring of the sub casing silver as well. When the time comes, I'll be back to ask for suggestions on the right paint color to match everything.
Old 5/25/06 | 05:12 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by TheMustangSource
I went with their brushed accents. They're classy.

brad,I noticed your switch plates are curved at the bottom.I looked for those on saleens site but could not find them.I ordered from UPR and the ones I got are straight. My luck with buying off internet sucks lately
Old 5/30/06 | 01:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

brad,I noticed your switch plates are curved at the bottom.I looked for those on saleens site but could not find them.I ordered from UPR and the ones I got are straight. My luck with buying off internet sucks lately
I'm wondering about those too. Any info Brad?
Old 5/30/06 | 02:03 PM

Hey Chuck, I read a while back of someone removing the switch covers and spray painting them silver.

Maybe this was the case on PSH?
Old 5/30/06 | 05:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Hey Chuck, I read a while back of someone removing the switch covers and spray painting them silver.

I saw the same post, it was by GT98 back in Feb or so. In that post, it was mentioned that PSH also painted the switch plate silver. I recently finished my switch plate, posted here:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=47929

Thread is called: Painting Switch Plates

When I did the switch plate, I thought of painting the speaker housing. If you do yours, do post pics, I would be interested in seeing the outcome.
Old 5/30/06 | 08:20 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill

Thanks Bill. I got the info from SPIRIT. Appreciate the heads up

Quick Reply: MGW interior "dress up"