05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Let's See your Interior Dash Overlay Pictures!

Search this Thread

Old 1/7/15, 06:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let's See your Interior Dash Overlay Pictures!

Hey guys, I've been looking around for a nice Dash Overlay kit, you guys post any of yours here! Overlays, Covers, Hydro-Carbon Dipped, etc!

Also include reviews, how you installed, and your overall opinion on the subject ha!

Thanks!
Old 1/7/15, 08:59 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
It's not an overlay kit, but I'm still rather proud of it:

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...s-dash-494283/

Old 1/7/15, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The vinyl idea was awesome!! If I don't like to over-lay kit I've found, I'm going to pull the panels off and have them hydro-dipped in carbon!! Vinyl most likely gives it a premium and luxury look!!
Old 1/11/15, 11:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
How did the vinyl hold up? You installed it four years ago right Houtex?
Old 1/12/15, 12:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
It's held up pretty well, actually! So have the shiny chrome rings. The vents themselves are showing a bit of wear, but I have some actual black ones that'll go in and fix that. I manipulate those a bit much and the paint chipped. Ah well.

There's a couple of places that'll need a slight bit of retacking around the top of the gauge rings, but I'm pretty confident that the next overhaul I'll get that permanently done. There's an overall overhaul of the interior comin'. 2012 cloth black seat covers, front and back, new carpet ('cause the driver's has a hole in it. :| )

I may even cover the console, I can still get the vinyl. The cupholder and the ebrake hollow are the hard parts(tm) to figure out, I'll see. Figure the cupholder will get a balck trim piece to match the vents. Don't quite yet know how to solve the ebrake hollow though.

Console side panels are a piece of cake, I think, just gonna cover those. I also have another shaker 500 radio, so I'll be stealin' it's buttons.

But yep, all that has held up very well. I still love it. It looks *so* right to me.