05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Kenwood KVT-617DVD Install done

Search this Thread

Old 2/25/07, 09:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kenwood KVT-617DVD Install done

I started monday with watching tv and soldering and heat shrinking the soldered wires. Finished that and went out to the car to do the grunt work.

Mounted the reciever unit in the trunk between the speakers, the Kenwood Sirius Unit next to that and the Ipod controller close by. I ran all the wires along side the rear seat and then back to the center and ran them under the center console.

Not sure which mounting double din I used but it looks ok (it's not the Metra one). Put the unit in and plugged in the data cable to the reciever in the trunk. I didn't put the dash back together until I tested it.

I turned the key to the on position and hit the stereo power button.... nothing.. no power nothing... realized the ground in the trunk for the reciever wasn't done. Grounded.... still nothing... then realized I didn't plug in the dvd screen unit in the dash. POP... power and music.

I still have to get a voltage regulator for the popping but it's installed and everything functions great.

I had one question though... does anyone know if the bluetooth telephone unit work with this model? I think it's one of the newer ones and the website doesn't say yet if it works but it has a cellphone answer button on the remote control.

I'll take pictures tomorrow and post them. I have to clean up a couple wires that are stuffed into the cable channel that is in the trunk but other than that it's done.

The sirius antenna in on the trunk for now, but will get moved to the roof after the stripe kit is put on.

I love it except for the finger prints on the screen. I'll have to get some lcd alcohol free wipes at work and clean it occasionally.

jake
Old 2/27/07, 03:47 AM
G.T
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats!

please post some pics, i'm mostly interested to see what the user interface looks like on this unit