05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Just get an in-dash DVD/LCD/CD/Satellite HU

Search this Thread

Old 12/22/04, 07:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would love to have Metallica playing in concert in my dash on an LCD screen.. This is cool ! It has it all - DVD with LCD screen right in your dash, cd player, satellite reception, mp3 player, am/fm and more..

http://www.cardomain.com/item/KENKVT715DVD

This is what I want in my redfire GT with red leather ... What's the downside of this ? It has it all... Has anyone had anything like this in their car ?

Old 12/22/04, 08:05 PM
Bullitt Member

I checked a few places where this kickarse receiver is under $900 .. Well worth the cash IMO .. Now , only question is, will it fit in an 05 Stang.. And, can I have it "flush" mounted" . I don't want the LCD screen sticking out in anyway ( like flipper)

Old 12/22/04, 08:38 PM
Bullitt Member

That one is a single DIN. The video screen flattens out and slides in the top.
Do a search under Kenwood and you can see some threads about the different Kenwood systems. The unit is Sirius ready. You still have to buy a Sirius tuner to get sattelite radio.
Old 12/22/04, 10:52 PM
Bullitt Member

This is the one I am looking into getting. I think it is about time they release a new version of this, or maybe another company release one like it. I think Clarion might make a double din LCD, but I think it is like 2 grand. Check it out:

http://www.speedsound.com/caraudio.asp?pg=...cific=jnirinirc
Old 12/22/04, 11:47 PM
Bullitt Member

As long as I can put a concert DVD in while I am driving (in-dash LCD screen) and it sounds great (like it's a CD) I'm happy .. I am not a car audio afficianado per se- so as long as it's possible to do, I want it.. I could care less what it costs, money is not an option.
Old 12/23/04, 06:24 AM
MIL

Also make sure that whoever is installing your unit doesn't intall the security 3 wire harness so that the Dvd only works while in park...
Old 12/23/04, 06:41 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by Domainer@December 23, 2004, 12:50 AM
As long as I can put a concert DVD in while I am driving (in-dash LCD screen)
Whats the point of having a DVD play while driving? Shouldn't you be watching the road instead of the video screen?

Makes me scared to see all the people who put video screens in the front dash (especially that operate while driving). It is bad enough to watch people swirve while driving on the phone, I can only imagine what they will do while trying to watch a video.

I am not trying to single you out, I just don't understand the concept of a video player in the dash. I drive 45 minutes to work. Thats not long enough to watch a DVD. If I want to watch a movie, I don't think, hey let me go out to the car to watch it.
Old 12/23/04, 08:23 AM
GT Member

For the passenger, mostly and Concert DVD's, and Comedy DVD's, and because you can. There is already a display for navigation, might as well be used for other things.
Old 12/23/04, 04:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Kluski+December 23, 2004, 7:44 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Kluski @ December 23, 2004, 7:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Domainer@December 23, 2004, 12:50 AM
As long as I can put a concert DVD in while I am driving (in-dash LCD screen)
Whats the point of having a DVD play while driving? Shouldn't you be watching the road instead of the video screen?

Makes me scared to see all the people who put video screens in the front dash (especially that operate while driving). It is bad enough to watch people swirve while driving on the phone, I can only imagine what they will do while trying to watch a video.

I am not trying to single you out, I just don't understand the concept of a video player in the dash. I drive 45 minutes to work. Thats not long enough to watch a DVD. If I want to watch a movie, I don't think, hey let me go out to the car to watch it. [/b][/quote]

First off, there are 4 seats in the car, who says the driver will be watching .. secondly, I mentioned "music videos" , meaning, I will be listening (while driving) and other passengers will be watching while listening.. I think this is mega cool .

If you don't want it, then don't install it.

Old 12/23/04, 04:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

The only problem you may run into is finding an installer that will disengage the safety switch (it's hooked to the e-brake) that will not allow video to play while the vehicle is in motion (only navigation can be played then). Other than that, it's possible. Also, there is a Kenwood unit that is double-DIN and is a touchscreen to boot. So there are definitely possibilities.

And hope the fuzz don't catch you with it on while driving...it's illegal.
Old 12/23/04, 05:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by steve19970@December 23, 2004, 5:55 PM
The only problem you may run into is finding an installer that will disengage the safety switch (it's hooked to the e-brake) that will not allow video to play while the vehicle is in motion (only navigation can be played then). Other than that, it's possible. Also, there is a Kenwood unit that is double-DIN and is a touchscreen to boot. So there are definitely possibilities.

And hope the fuzz don't catch you with it on while driving...it's illegal.
Great, I know someone who will hook me up and do it, just called him .. I will have real dark tinted windows so it will be hard for people to see through if i have a dvd on .. Secondly, if a cop car is coming behind me trying to stop me, just a touch of the button either turns it off or turns on the navigation screen before I get pulled over.

Looking into the Kenwood double-din. thanks

Old 12/23/04, 10:26 PM
Bullitt Member

What, am I invisible? I posted a direct link to the kenwood double din earlier!
Old 12/24/04, 09:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

LOL sorry man...thanks for the link. I hadn't checked the link to see if it was the same one.