05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

IUP to GT 500 Dash Panel Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 6/21/08, 02:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dmhines
Cool ... I just got at GT500 cluster bezel assembly on Ebay for $35 .... now if I could only get the rest that cheap ....
I'll give ya $50.00 for it....I just need the polished trim piece
Old 6/21/08, 02:40 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GTMark052
I'll give ya $50.00 for it....I just need the polished trim piece
Nah .. gonna wait a few months and see what other pieces I can come up with cheap .... then whatever I can't get off a parts car I'll have to buy from Ford ....
Old 6/21/08, 03:53 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
At least ya'll have dash trim pieces, lol
Old 6/29/08, 02:04 PM

About how much did this cost you and did you buy everything from ford including the dash gague cluster?
Old 7/3/08, 09:17 PM

anyone having a problem the GT500 cluster in a GT? Mine is making a beeping sound at 75-80mph, doesn't matter what gear, turned off shift tone, sound etc, still has the same issue.
Old 6/17/13, 07:28 AM

Hey man that looks absolutly amazing, love it, question tho if you dont mind, im trying to do the same thing, have an 05 deluxe model with all black interior and want to put the dot finish panels in her like the shelby, got all the panels but the dont have the peices where the air vent pods slide into ( the little plastic peice between the pod and panel its self) where can i find them so i can get this job finish? And hiw do i hook the airbag panels on to the older air bag cover? My new air bag panels have a **** load of stragit rod like tabs on back of them? Any help would be greatly apprecatied!
Old 8/24/13, 06:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by JoshWarner
Hey man that looks absolutly amazing, love it, question tho if you dont mind, im trying to do the same thing, have an 05 deluxe model with all black interior and want to put the dot finish panels in her like the shelby, got all the panels but the dont have the peices where the air vent pods slide into ( the little plastic peice between the pod and panel its self) where can i find them so i can get this job finish? And hiw do i hook the airbag panels on to the older air bag cover? My new air bag panels have a **** load of stragit rod like tabs on back of them? Any help would be greatly apprecatied!
Did you get those off of eBay? It's just the metal/finish pieces without the vents and/or bezels correct? As far as I know you cannot buy those parts separately. The rings/bezels are hot glued in place.

If the parts you have are the same as mine they are pre-production pieces used for what I *believe* was a Foose SE prior to Unique Performance being shut down. CDC purchased a lot of the excess parts inventory, and sold 20 sets of those panels on eBay over the past year or so (under a different seller name).

You'll need to destroy a complete set of covers taken from another car to get the parts. The rings, airbag assembly and driver cluster bezel are not available by themselves. I've not been willing to experiment on my own set, so one of these days I'l pickup a donor set on eBay to try it out.

Anyway if you do get to putting them on/trying them out before I do, please come back and post some pics! I have been wondering the same thing about the airbag piece.

Last edited by tdbrown75; 8/24/13 at 11:00 AM.