05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Interior Upgrade Items

Search this Thread

Old 3/3/07, 07:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Interior Upgrade Items

I am trying to add afew billet items to my interior and would like to see what some of you have done. I am leaning towards the brushed satin finish. I have the SHR cup holder bezel and am ordering the shifter bezel when it's released. I'm thinking about getting their door handles because I have the IUP lite addition interior. Let's see what ya got.
Old 3/3/07, 08:56 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mines chrome and brushed,so you probably won't like but here it is anyway
Attached Thumbnails Interior Upgrade Items-cimg0894.jpg   Interior Upgrade Items-cimg0896.jpg   Interior Upgrade Items-cimg0898.jpg   Interior Upgrade Items-cimg0899.jpg   Interior Upgrade Items-cimg0903.jpg  

Old 3/3/07, 09:00 PM
GTR Member

heres some of Jack signing it
Attached Thumbnails Interior Upgrade Items-cimg0951.jpg   Interior Upgrade Items-cimg0952.jpg   Interior Upgrade Items-cimg0962.jpg   Interior Upgrade Items-cimg0963.jpg  
Old 3/4/07, 07:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

I guess your the only one with interior mods Chuck! Where did you get the power window switch covers?
Old 3/4/07, 08:17 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
I guess your the only one with interior mods Chuck! Where did you get the power window switch covers?
painted them myself w/ Duplicolor import silver I think...pretty sure
Old 3/5/07, 05:15 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's mine. See my sig for details
Attached Thumbnails Interior Upgrade Items-shifter.jpg   Interior Upgrade Items-steering-wheel.jpg  
Old 3/5/07, 06:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

BUMP! I'm still interested in seeing more.
Old 3/5/07, 07:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Mostly MGW goodies...... That, plus some GT500 pedals....

Mike
Attached Thumbnails Interior Upgrade Items-various-mustang-pics-042-medium-.jpg   Interior Upgrade Items-various-mustang-pics-045-medium-.jpg   Interior Upgrade Items-various-mustang-pics-038-medium-.jpg   Interior Upgrade Items-shelbypedals-009-medium-.jpg  
Old 3/6/07, 03:38 PM
Bullitt Member

dave_bought_another_black_stang's Avatar

Steeda has a great new bezel that has a larger opening and looks good. Also, Their new shifter bezel looks great and fits like the original. I have ordered them this week and will take pics installed, but here is a link to them. http://www.steeda.com/products/steed...bezel_s197.php

http://www.steeda.com/products/manual_shifter_bezel.php
Old 3/6/07, 03:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Got me a sheet of this alum today now I need to get some trial & error work done to see what I can make out of it ?
Attached Thumbnails Interior Upgrade Items-mt-douglas-003.jpg  
Old 3/6/07, 06:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

I ordered the SHR brushed door handles today!
Old 3/6/07, 07:52 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
MGW
12V Plug: Chrome
A/C *****: Chrome
Shaker Radio ****: Chrome
Cupholder Bezel: Satin
Door Pins: Satin
Attachment 21011 Attachment 21008 Attachment 21009

AutoVation Pedals: Competition Series Finish
Attachment 21010
Attached Thumbnails Interior Upgrade Items-img_2273r.jpg   Interior Upgrade Items-img_7824r.jpg   Interior Upgrade Items-img_8044r.jpg   Interior Upgrade Items-img_8047r.jpg  
Old 3/6/07, 08:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Looks good Bill. Who makes those door pins?
Old 3/6/07, 10:45 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
Looks good Bill. Who makes those door pins?
Thanks Rich!

Door Pins are from MGW. link
Old 3/11/07, 07:31 PM
Bullitt Member

mikes rx, I'm interested in the SWautosport shifter bezel. I've had the UPR one for a year and have always been looking for another one that snaps on and doesn’t collect finger prints. The SWautosport website says it “snaps” on. How does it snap on and is it loose or pretty tight? Does the finish collect finger prints? Many thanks!
Old 3/11/07, 09:03 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by spike
mikes rx, I'm interested in the SWautosport shifter bezel. I've had the UPR one for a year and have always been looking for another one that snaps on and doesn’t collect finger prints. The SWautosport website says it “snaps” on. How does it snap on and is it loose or pretty tight? Does the finish collect finger prints? Many thanks!
It snaps on just like the Bullitt shifter rings did for the SN95's (just place over the shifter boot and press down). It is a tight fit and doesn't move around at all...it fits very snug. I've had no issues with it at all.

With regard to the fingerprints: I never really touch that part of the console, but I did just touch it to see if it shows, and the answer is NO. The finish has a nice brushed look (you can see the metal grain), and then looks to have a layer of clear coat over it, to make it slightly shiny. But, it doesn't show finger prints like glass or mirrors do. If it does show, it is very minimal, and would be cleaned with the rest of the interior anyway if competing in a show.

Honestly, I think that the IUP door handles show more fingerprints.

I hope this helps...
Old 3/12/07, 12:47 PM
Bullitt Member

mikes rx, thanks for the detailed answer! Saw that it was a new product, was interested, and glad someone was able to test drive it. Looks like you said all the good things I wanted to hear to be able to happily make the purchase. Thanks again! I loves the billet!
Old 3/12/07, 04:36 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by spike
mikes rx, thanks for the detailed answer! Saw that it was a new product, was interested, and glad someone was able to test drive it. Looks like you said all the good things I wanted to hear to be able to happily make the purchase. Thanks again! I loves the billet!
No problem. It is a really nice piece. I will say though that, like other shifter bezels (with the exception of SHR's), it doesn't sit completely flush on the outside corners (a VERY slight gap is there; you can see it if you look very closely at the pics above). It doesn't bother me one bit, but it may bother someone else, so I am just stating my observations. Honestly, I'm betting that if I hadn't mentioned it, you probably wouldn't have even realized it.

Also, it's technically not a "new" product. I've had mine for about 9 months now
Old 3/13/07, 10:00 PM
GT Member

Interior Upgrade Items

Here are a few pics of what I've added so far......
1. Silverhorse Racing Cup Holder
2. Brushed Aluminum Dash Skin (5 piece upgrade only) not sure if I'm going to keep this though
3. New Air/Temp Switches from UPR
4. Brushed Aluminum Switch plate for lights
5. Automatic Shifter Bezel from UPR
6. Cover for overhead light console and buttons from.......I forgot who
7. Headrest Wrap

Coming up......new DVD system and maybe some nice green fake fur for a dash cover....just joking
Attached Images    
Old 8/9/08, 08:56 PM

Leather cover for automatic shifter.

Just created this prototype leather cover for my automatic shifter. Can anyone out there make me a better one? I don't have any experience working with leather.

Got tired of looking at that stupid plastic piece (with a mold seam no less - I mean come on Ford!). Made it from a piece of leather from my wife's motorcycle vest. She wasn't real happy about that but we don't ride anymore.
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Interior Upgrade Items