05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Interior Accent Lighting - Help

Search this Thread

Old 6/30/18, 02:42 AM
V6 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Interior Accent Lighting - Help

i just ordered and actually received two Ice Blue LED Strips with usb connectors, I also stopped by the pick-a-part and came across and really nice clean v6 premium with the ambient lighting package, I managed to take the lights, connectors, wiring, Housings from under the dash realizing they won’t work because the dash has insert tabs specifically made for that package so the reason that I bought the LED strips for about $1.50 both together, I also found there was a ambient lighting center console and have taken it apart already and have ice blue LEDs waiting to be soldered in to the side back lights of the console and the cup holder, just need help with where to wire them up to, I notice the radio has a run/acc constant power. My idea theoretically is to wire these sources (1. Driver Side LED Strip, 2. Passenger Side LED Strip, 3. Cup Holder, 4. (2) Rear Console Ambient Lighting Wired Together To Make One Connection Instead Of Two Seperate Connections), If I wired these 4 LED parts, would it work or would I risk in losing voltage to the radio as well as the lights themselves? I am also considering a wire block to connect these all to one complete circuit but would need advice and help
Old 6/30/18, 10:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
LED's draw such little amps you can string a bizillion together without draining much juice. I did my own system and hooked it into the overhead map light circuit. This way the ambient lighting turns on when you open the doors or it is commanded by the SJB. Basically it acts just like your factory lights do now. I can't remember which wire it was in the A-pillar because I actually hooked it in to my door sill lighting but that was originally installed per instructions to the overhead map lights.