05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

The infamous "AUX" Button

Search this Thread

Old 7/17/05, 09:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Adolph@July 13, 2005, 10:19 PM
OK, I put on my best O.E.M. demeanor, and demanded (and received) the following from Delphi.

http://www.santorine.org/adolph/images/Shaker500.pdf

Looks like a piece of cake... take the AUX ENABLE (pin 4) to ground, one is right, two is left, three is shield.

I'll be on the phone with my dealer to get one of the neat little plugs that goes with it.

Please note, the Phone Transaction active is noted, as is the mono feed for the phone. This could get really interesting!

Hope this is helpful! I'll let you know how my cable goes, and where to get the bits and pieces that make it happen.
Looks great, However that diagram is NOT for the Shaker 500/1000.

J4 on the "Shaker" is used for the subwoofer outputs. Ford wiring diagram confirms that. I suspect that the Shaker 500/1000 are NOT capable of AUX STEREO input, only mono input for phone/bluetooth Ford adapter.

I guess when you press AUX and get message "NO AUX AUDIO", they really mean it. Believe me, I have 2 Shaker 500s and a host of adapters and wires around here, I've tried, NO GO.
Might be able to "reprogram" Shaker, but that is surely a factory dealer thing??
Old 7/18/05, 10:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Adolph@July 13, 2005, 11:19 PM
OK, I put on my best O.E.M. demeanor, and demanded (and received) the following from Delphi.

http://www.santorine.org/adolph/images/Shaker500.pdf

Looks like a piece of cake... take the AUX ENABLE (pin 4) to ground, one is right, two is left, three is shield.

I'll be on the phone with my dealer to get one of the neat little plugs that goes with it.

Please note, the Phone Transaction active is noted, as is the mono feed for the phone. This could get really interesting!

Hope this is helpful! I'll let you know how my cable goes, and where to get the bits and pieces that make it happen.
Looks like J1 Pin 14 could also be used for a future install of Navigation let us know if you find more about these schematics
Old 7/20/05, 10:47 AM
Bullitt Member

I believe that the AUX button is for DVD systems. Since this stereo is used in more than just the mustang. F-150's and other models have DVD options.

My buddy works in Ford IT and this is what he said.
Old 7/25/05, 09:23 AM

I too have been looking for a clean way to input my iPod, and after talking with several local mobile audio shops, found that there are several manufacturers that make AUX adapters. I called them all, and most dont care about the '05 Stang.

But I did find one....

I spoke with the R&D department at a company called Precision Interface Electronics, Inc., better known as PIE.

They have completed development of their AUX interface for the '05 Mustang. The tech guy I spoke to, Victor, said it has been tested, and was currently on his bench being final tweaked before they commit to production.

He said that he would have a good handle on timing and availability in a couple of weeks.

He told me that they have been able to fool the head unit into thinking there is a rear seat entertainment unit, and the head unit will then accept an aux audio input. The PIE unit will have adjustable input levels to accomodate differing players.

I found PIE at www.pie.net

Like everyone else out there, I have been wondering how to input my iPod without making a mess. This looks like it may be the way to go!

Hope this helps...

KC
Old 7/25/05, 07:09 PM
Cobra Member

I just hope it uses a standard RCA or similar input. I have a Rio Karma, not an IPOD, and I would like to use it in the car. Or, to run the OmniFi system I picked up off WOOT.
Old 7/25/05, 07:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by creasman@July 25, 2005, 11:26 AM
I too have been looking for a clean way to input my iPod, and after talking with several local mobile audio shops, found that there are several manufacturers that make AUX adapters. I called them all, and most dont care about the '05 Stang.

But I did find one....

I spoke with the R&D department at a company called Precision Interface Electronics, Inc., better known as PIE.

They have completed development of their AUX interface for the '05 Mustang. The tech guy I spoke to, Victor, said it has been tested, and was currently on his bench being final tweaked before they commit to production.

He said that he would have a good handle on timing and availability in a couple of weeks.

He told me that they have been able to fool the head unit into thinking there is a rear seat entertainment unit, and the head unit will then accept an aux audio input. The PIE unit will have adjustable input levels to accomodate differing players.

Like everyone else out there, I have been wondering how to input my iPod without making a mess. This looks like it may be the way to go!

Hope this helps...

KC

I really hope they do this. I just bought my daughter an IPod for her Birthday. That thing rocks. I definitely will do this and buy an IPod. Please keep us posted. Thanks
Old 7/26/05, 01:23 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by creasman@July 25, 2005, 8:26 AM

But I did find one....

Hope this helps...

KC
Great news KC!
Old 7/27/05, 12:28 PM
I talk to cones.

Hopefully this can be used to an XM or Sirus radio, cause Huntsville radio stations blow lol
Old 7/28/05, 11:23 PM
Bullitt Member

I hope that the AUX adapter from www.pie.net comes out soon!