05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

How to change speaker in sub?

Search this Thread

Old 2/9/07, 09:43 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to change speaker in sub?

Maybe im stupid? but i cant loose the sub speaker in my shaker 1000. trying to replace the two 10" or is it 12"? but cant get them loose?? all screws are loose?? they still feels stuck? is it stuck from behind?
Borrowd picture

Sorry about the spelling

Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails How to change speaker in sub?-saleen3-20red037.jpg  
Old 2/9/07, 10:21 AM
GT Member

Never took mine apart but they might have a silcon seal. that you might have to try to pry gently. Let us know
Old 2/9/07, 01:27 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey that is the picture of my Shaker 1000 upgrade! (Its OK) You have to remove the entire subwoofer enclosure. On the back side you will see that there are nuts holding the subwoofers in from the back. They atach to some type of funky bracket that is not used on after market subz. They are 10 inch subs but you have to be carefull of which ones your replace them with since some subs are too deep. You will most likely need to use different amps since not many subs are Dual Voice Coiled and 8ohms. I will post some more pics for you to see the final product.
Old 2/9/07, 01:30 PM
Banned

Finished Picture

Here is a finished picture of what I had done. I used two TMA 10" subz and two TMA amps. Only one of them runs the subz and the other runs the upgraded door, decklid and new door 8" subs.
Attached Thumbnails How to change speaker in sub?-saleenfinal-047.jpg  
Old 2/10/07, 01:25 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by mustang_lurkers
Hey that is the picture of my Shaker 1000 upgrade! (Its OK) You have to remove the entire subwoofer enclosure. On the back side you will see that there are nuts holding the subwoofers in from the back. They atach to some type of funky bracket that is not used on after market subz. They are 10 inch subs but you have to be carefull of which ones your replace them with since some subs are too deep. You will most likely need to use different amps since not many subs are Dual Voice Coiled and 8ohms. I will post some more pics for you to see the final product.
Hello Derek
And thanks (Photo)
This InterNet is fantastic, here i am in Sweden popping a question on the net and get some serios answer right away, WoW.

Derek i suspectet that, speacially after looking at the photo i borrowed from you. And thanks for the tip about the dual voice, didnt know that.

I see you have a very sofisticated system, anyway was the change of subs any inprovment?

I have replaced the system to a Clarion WXZ465RMP and an Ipod connetcion, replaced the door speaker to Amega 6,5" woofer and tweeter.

One Alpine V12 MRV-F345 Amp for the door front and the sub, the Clarion amp drive the back speaker also change, dont remember the name.

Anyway thanks for your tip/Lennart

My car
Attached Thumbnails How to change speaker in sub?-bullit-032b.jpg  
Old 2/10/07, 10:43 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

will these subs work on the sub enclosure, i have been asking this question since i bought the car and no one could give me a solid answer, thanks

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-sjDXLGN...047W&s=0&cc=01
Old 2/12/07, 07:49 AM
Banned

More Info

Originally Posted by lelle106
Hello Derek
And thanks (Photo)
This InterNet is fantastic, here i am in Sweden popping a question on the net and get some serios answer right away, WoW.

Derek i suspectet that, speacially after looking at the photo i borrowed from you. And thanks for the tip about the dual voice, didnt know that.

I see you have a very sofisticated system, anyway was the change of subs any inprovment?

I have replaced the system to a Clarion WXZ465RMP and an Ipod connetcion, replaced the door speaker to Amega 6,5" woofer and tweeter.

One Alpine V12 MRV-F345 Amp for the door front and the sub, the Clarion amp drive the back speaker also change, dont remember the name.

Anyway thanks for your tip/Lennart

My car
Hi again,
The subs I installed are more powerful than the originals. There is really no difference at lower volume levels however when I turn it up the upgraded speakers handle it with better clarity. The new subs also have a better frequency response so I get better performance when I use the different frequency filters from my new head unit. I really think that I got the most bang for the buck when I changed the head unit. The original shaker 1000 speakers were not that bad but if you have money for both a new head unit and speakers go for it. If you only have money for one upgrade then get the head unit first.
Old 2/12/07, 07:56 AM
Banned

You can use those subs

Originally Posted by RedDragon777
will these subs work on the sub enclosure, i have been asking this question since i bought the car and no one could give me a solid answer, thanks

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-sjDXLGN...047W&s=0&cc=01

To me it looks like you can use those subs. The mounting depth is shallow enough. I remember measuring the mounting depth of the Shaker box at a max of 5 and 7/8 inches. When you take a look at the picture of that sub it is a dual voice coil at 8ohms which means you can run it on your stock amps. The stock wires us a funky style connector so you will have to do some splicing. I think it will work if you plan on using your stock amps. If you plan on getting your own amps though I would recommend going with another sub though.
Old 2/12/07, 04:23 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

i want to use the stock amps so i can run my factory setup, which is the complete factory Shaker 1000 system