05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Help with Power Seat Install

Search this Thread

Old 8/31/07, 09:28 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Help with Power Seat Install

Okay, so I bought some stock power leather seats from ebay and installed them in my 05 mustang to replace the cloth standard seats. The connections on the bottom of the power drivers seat was the same wire loom as the original seat, so everything connected. The seat belt works, but there is no power and the airbag light is staying lit. I am assuming that I will need to somehow get or replace the cable in the car that the seat connects to but have no idea how or what I need.

Can anyone help?

Does anybody know any wire loom part numbers that relate to the seats?
Old 9/2/07, 08:18 AM
Team Mustang Source

First: does the new seats have airbag modules? If so the deaker will have to program the Smart Junction box (SJB) to use them.
Second: Since you had a manual seat the SJB is probably not set up to power the seat.

I just chedked My 06 that came with power and side airbags. I have two connectors a small yellow one and a larger gray one. I am going to say that the yellow one is the airbag, but I am not sure. I do know the passenger seat has a sensing system that is tied into the activation of the passenger airbag this could be what is causing your airbag light to come on. Have you tried disconnecting the battery?
Old 9/2/07, 04:48 PM
GT Member

I did disconnect the battery when changing the seats. Also, the manual seat had the same yellow and grey connections at the bottom. I believe that one of them has to be for the seat belt indicator, and the other I am not sure. The new seats do have the airbag though, in which the old ones did not. I know that the dealer said that all the fault codes are going off because of installing the new seats, so I am assuming that is because the cable that is in the floorboard is not supported for the airbag and/or power and that is why the airbag light is going off and there is not power. I guess I need to find out what part number the cable is under the floorboard/carpet that connects to the seats.
Old 9/3/07, 02:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

If the airbag light is going off it means it knows they are there it is probalbly that the SBJ and /or airbag controller is not programmed for the side bags. Your dealer should be able to program them by pulling the code from a car equipped with side bags. Which would be any 08 since they are standard now.
Old 9/3/07, 09:34 PM
GT Member

Well the dealer either does not know what to do or does not want to assist. They basically said that I need to find out what cable needs to be switched or added and when it gets added then the all the boxes and programmers can be reprogrammed. Since I know that the cable obviously does not power the seat, the cable that needs to be added is what also reads and identifies the airbag. Also, the seat I got also have the lumbar controls which is a separate box that needs to be added I believe under the seat.
Old 9/5/07, 07:33 AM
Team Mustang Source

Mine has the power lumbar as well it is all routed through the two connectors like you have.
Old 9/5/07, 07:43 AM
GT Member

I have found some diagrams but they do not say the specific cable only the kind of cable or a portion of the part number. That portion does not help because it is not specific for the model and/or year.